• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Toei seemingly getting as hyped for 17's return as the fanbase is, could 17 be the most important non-Saiyan fighter? I'm not necessarily saying the strongest (though strongest and most important could go hand in hand). Would you be mad if 17 had this role over Piccolo and Buu? Does Piccolo deserve the most important non-saiyan fighter role?

Is this a joke question?

Of course he fucking does. Hell Krillin does too.

fLhuhOe.jpg

So we know the artist of this now since they just posted this. Tu Yeong-chaek is his name, but he mainly does corrections of other people's art and apparently doesn't even do it digitally.
Here's one he did from 81.
aoSLK4o.jpg

That's really interesting. Does anyone have a video they'd recommend that explains how the entire process of animation works? That's something I'd like to learn a bit about.

L Thammy

I'm so thirsty for more Dragonball right now that I'm about to start watching GT. Going into episode 1 now. Please pray that my soul is cleansed like Kid Buu's after my inevitable demise.

Alienous

Champa has his own Earth and he's gotten no fatter. If he was a glutton for the food before he should be at Fat Buu levels of weight with Earth food around.

Toriyama forgot?

That's really interesting. Does anyone have a video they'd recommend that explains how the entire process of animation works? That's something I'd like to learn a bit about.

Kanzenshuu has an article about it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/production/animation-process/

I'm so thirsty for more Dragonball right now that I'm about to start watching GT. Going into episode 1 now. Please pray that my soul is cleansed like Kid Buu's after my inevitable demise.

I tried rewatching GT recently, I stopped after the Para Para dance episode.

Champa has his own Earth and he's gotten no fatter. If he was a glutton for the food before he should be at Fat Buu levels of weight with Earth food around.

Toriyama forgot?

Vados is probably making sure he doesn't put on too much weight.

Slaythe

There wasn't a lot of suggestions that were realistic and not "one off jokes" (even though for some reasons the saiyan one was included).

I only used the titles that were used in the first poll, that i didn't make, because i didn't want to be accused of being biased by adding / removing some of them. :p

What title did you feel strongly about ? If they're good we could always have yet another poll.

There wasn't a lot of suggestions that were realistic and not "one off jokes" (even though for some reasons the saiyan one was included).

I only used the titles that were used in the first poll, that i didn't make, because i didn't want to be accused of being biased by adding / removing some of them. :p

What title did you feel strongly about ? If they're good we could always have yet another poll.

idk i liked the 17 one without the yamcha bit

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
OT6 Gohan's Sweet Seventeen

Not sure how even I feel about this

idk i liked the 17 one without the yamcha bit
Same, Yamcha hate is too easy.

L Thammy

Okay, that's enough for me today. GT is mostly just boring so far, but

Not sure how I feel about this. I could see Future Trunks turning out like this if he's able to keep the peace. Feels kind of a waste to have Trunks look this slick and then just throw it away.

On the other hand

Everything about this is hilarious. Vegeta's character arc in Super has to end with him being this dadly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The first five episodes of GT were fantastic, it went downhill pretty fast for me after that

caliph95

Wait so princess trunks was real.

One of my earliest memories of Dragon Ball was GT and i remembered being confused on why Goku is suddenly a kid after watching an episode of Z recently.

Though i thought this yamcha guy looked before Tien broke his legs so i was a dumb kid

Slaythe

|OT6| "Kept you waiting, huh?" - Yamcha 2017

That's ruining the joke because now it's all about yamcha.

While the original title is gonna make people go like "oh really, only yamcha is out ? What about roshi ? Tien ? " then they'll get a "wuuuuut" reaction.
Wait so princess trunks was real.

One of my earliest memories of Dragon Ball was GT and i remembered being confused on why Goku is suddenly a kid after watching an episode of Z recently.

Though i thought this yamcha guy looked before Tien broke his legs so i was a dumb kid

images

SolVanderlyn

|OT6| Introducing Broly, sort of

Slaythe

Ok this has barely moved in the past hour so let's settle it.

7c7d9fc8a3a99f8366e5b40f7a71ef56.png

So the new thread title is gonna be one of those two :

- |̶O̶T̶6̶|̶ |OT17| Everyone's Relevant (except Yamcha)

- Gohan, we're going to have a great '17

We can fine tune those jokes if you get good ideas, feel free to share.

Remember the new thread will go live today. So let's go !

Final Poll :

http://www.strawpoll.me/12750524

Lol, writer of todays episode of Super has business suit 17 as his Twitter avatar.

Something tells me he's a legit Dragon Ball fan.
C7F36J5XwAE7D5K.jpg:large

A shot of his Dokkan game.
C7vjo8lVYAAn6xb.jpg:large
It's cool when fans of a series get to work on something they love.

Slaythe

Lol, writer of todays episode of Super has business suit 17 as his Twitter avatar.

Something tells me he's a legit Dragon Ball fan.

It's cool when fans of a series get to work on something they love.

We are taking over the world.

But seriously, Kagari and I have been talking about how the new people in charge of this arc are clear fans of Z for a while, so it's great to see confirmation.

Link of his twitter ?

"I feel like I'm 17 all over again" was my favorite. It's simple, smart, and gives the whole nostalgic feel of the arc while name dropping 17.

Not a fan of the other suggested titles tbh.

Slaythe

Well that's interesting.

He has handled some stuff badly at first but his latest works were all top notch.

He wrote the baseball episode. We know we're good. And episode 57 (the trunks and goku fight in the future) and he made the Hit arc.

Gunna be gud.

Slaythe

"I feel like I'm 17 all over again" was my favorite. It's simple, smart, and gives the whole nostalgic feel of the arc while name dropping 17.

Not a fan of the other suggested titles tbh.

That was my suggestion a few days ago, but literally nobody voted for it lmao.

why would anyone wanna feel like their 17 again though, that's an awkward ass year, right before you're actually an adult.

and I was younger than 17 when DBZ was on so it works even less for me, VETO'D.

Real Hero

When I was android 17, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for small town girls
And soft summer nights
We'd hide from the lights
On the village green
When I was android 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom