• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The 90's retro future.

Slaythe

You mean the future
The 90's retro future.
The past of the future.

mcfly-huh.gif

L Thammy

You see son, several years ago in the future, the future version of you fought the Androids. So he came back from several years ago and and teamed up with us and fought the Androids. That was about when you were born.

L Thammy

This Android 17 is actually from the Android 17 timeline, where he decided that being a bad guy sucked so he killed 16, 18, and Super Perfect Cell (who was turned Super Perfect by wishing on the Dragonballs). Then he beat Goku anyway and became the main character. He also beat Super Buu. But he accidentally tripped and fell back in time and created Cell's timeline, and headed to the main timeline by riding Cell's time machine like a surfboard when he came over.

Source: Kanzenshuu

Slaythe

This Android 17 is actually from the Android 17 timeline, where he decided that being a bad guy sucked so he killed 16, 18, and Super Perfect Cell (who was turned Super Perfect by wishing on the Dragonballs). Then he beat Goku anyway and became the main character. He also beat Super Buu. But he accidentally tripped and fell back in time and created Cell's timeline, and headed to the main timeline by riding Cell's time machine like a surfboard when he came over.

Source: Kanzenshuu

The dragon balls can not grant a power greater than the one that created the dragon.

Checkmate.

Also what happened to the good present 17 then ?

Skeeter49

The dragon balls can not grant a power greater than the one that created the dragon.

Checkmate.

You wanted your Super 17 like from GT, right? You got him.

Cell that came to the Z timeline, thinking the androids were dead was wrong, and 17 really survived, but because no one could sense his energy, no one realized that. After Trunks died, and Cell left to the Z timeline, 17 forced Future Future Bulma to make another time machine, so he could bring back 18.

L Thammy

Checkmate.

He was eating Cheetos and one got lodged in his throat and killed him. So Future 17 swore revenge and spent the next few years of his life taking down the Orange Cheeto Army and Great Demon King Cheeto.

Skeeter49

Toei guy #1: Toriyama, we need to teach these characters new moves.
Toriyama: Kaioken X 100.
Toei guy #2: Solar Flare X 100, genius Leaves room.
Toriyama: No I meant King Kai Fist X 100. Whatever, if it's a new move, it's a new move.

Slaythe

I like the Gohan+17 a lot actually. Seems pretty fitting.

But then we're ignoring the Krilin and Piccolo stans. :p

I suggest that we let this poll run for a few hours then we make another one with the highest two titles.

And we let it run until tomorrow. Otherwise some people's vote ends up useless since they vote for a thing that has no shot like the "saiyans" line.

Your change to the Yamcha one seemed to have save us from the Saiyan one winning.

I can't believe it's still that high tbh >_> .

For the first time in 20 years we got something else than saiyans and this is what some people want.

Boiling.

RocknRola

But then we're ignoring the Krilin and Piccolo stans. :p

I suggest that we let this poll run for a few hours then we make another one with the highest two titles.

And we let it run until tomorrow. Otherwise some people's vote ends up useless since they vote for a thing that has no shot like the "saiyans" line.

True, true. :p

Though honestly, only the Saiyan title is kinda off tbh. As some already said, it does feel too restricted to a one episode joke (which was indeed funny).

Slaythe

SMH

99dc1be1edc7e4ee465452feed07c8ed.png

This is why anonymous polls are a bad idea, now I don't know who to put on my black list.

edit :

They will NEVER stop with those shitty youtube thumbnails, heh ?

edit 2 :

Well I fucked up the poll.

I thought "cookie duplication checking" meant it would prevent cookie manipulation. But it does the exact opposite of that -_- so everybody can cheat. I'm the single vote for "I feel 17 again".

I'll remake a 3 way poll with saiyan, yamcha and gohan/17 since nobody voted for the fourth option. IP check.

THERE YOU GO

http://www.strawpoll.me/12749264

Reminder that saiyans were supposedly WINNING.

I think people are voting saiyans out of spite because I said I'd quit the thread lmao.

But even if Saiyans are number 1 in the 3 way poll, they won't win the final poll since the other two options would never vote for Saiyan filth.

Slaythe

Is this the first clarification from Japan, that it is indeed "Android".

Andoroid you mean :p .

No it's just his "english name".

They used that for some video games in the past.

If you meant what 17 and 18 are, they are organic and their enhancements are patterned after human cells. So they're, as the japanese name states, "artificial humans" but not exactly androids. Closer to Cyborgs (but not mechanical).

fLhuhOe.jpg

So we know the artist of this now since they just posted this. Tu Yeong-chaek is his name, but he mainly does corrections of other people's art and apparently doesn't even do it digitally.
Here's one he did from 81.
aoSLK4o.jpg

Slaythe

fLhuhOe.jpg

So we know the artist of this now since they just posted this. Tu Yeong-chaek is his name, but he mainly does corrections of other people's art and apparently doesn't even do it digitally.
Here's one he did from 81.
aoSLK4o.jpg

Sadly 81 was one of the weakest episode visually so far.

But his Goku shot in 86 is fantastic.

Yeah 17's gonna be awesome but how are we going to miss out on universe 6 and 7 references with OT's 6 and 7?

We're in 2017, the year of 17 !!!

Sadly 81 was one of the weakest episode visually so far.

But his Goku shot in 86 is fantastic.

It sounds like 81 was a rushed episode, he was brought on with only a week left on that episode and wasn't even able to correct the entire scene he was supposed to, but Shimanuki managed to clean up what he wasn't able to.

EDIT: The text from that Toei hype video for 17, from Kanzenshuu.

The mightiest Artificial Human,
Who once
Was created to defeat Goku
Will have a miraculous encounter...
Artificial Human No. 17 joins the fray in the Tournament of Power!!!!
After a decade-plus,
His power,
His speed,
Everything is now Super!!!!
~His power, surpassing the ultimate, is now revealed~

Daingurse

For the first time in 20 years we got something else than saiyans and this is what some people want.

Boiling.

That is precisely why it amuses me. It reflects the exact opposite of what people want out of this arc. And just thinking of Cabba's face during that scene makes me laugh. Something 17 related is definitely more appropriate, but man I really dig the Saiyans one lol.

With Toei seemingly getting as hyped for 17's return as the fanbase is, could 17 be the most important non-Saiyan fighter? I'm not necessarily saying the strongest (though strongest and most important could go hand in hand). Would you be mad if 17 had this role over Piccolo and Buu? Does Piccolo deserve the most important non-saiyan fighter role?

Edit:

Android 17 |OT| formerly known as Dragon Ball Super OT6

This one made me chuckle

Slaythe

It sounds like 81 was a rushed episode, he was brought on with only a week left on that episode and wasn't even able to correct the entire scene he was supposed to, but Shimanuki managed to clean up what he wasn't able to.

EDIT: The text from that Toei hype video for 17, from Kanzenshuu.

The mightiest Artificial Human,
Who once
Was created to defeat Goku
Will have a miraculous encounter…
Artificial Human No. 17 joins the fray in the Tournament of Power!!!!
After a decade-plus,
His power,
His speed,
Everything is now Super!!!!
~His power, surpassing the ultimate, is now revealed~

5225084-2247727357-giphy.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
With Toei seemingly getting as hyped for 17's return as the fanbase is, could 17 be the most important non-Saiyan fighter? I'm not necessarily saying the strongest (though strongest and most important could go hand in hand). Would you be mad if 17 had this role over Piccolo and Buu? Does Piccolo deserve the most important non-saiyan fighter role?

Edit:

This one made me chuckle

After reading an article that came out today from Super's producer on why characters like Roshi and Krillin are back in (hint: they got skills/strategy) I think everyone on the team will play a decent part.

Slaythe

After reading an article that came out today from Super's producer on why characters like Roshi and Krillin are back in (hint: they got skills/strategy) I think everyone on the team will play a decent part.

Can you translate it :O ?

What did it say about Gohan and 17 ?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Can you translate it :O ?

What did it say about Gohan and 17 ?

He doesn't mention 17 directly here but on Gohan he teases "To what extent will Gohan's battle intuition return?" along with Roshi, Krillin and the other characters having active roles.

Skeeter49

He doesn't mention 17 directly here but on Gohan he teases "To what extent will Gohan's battle intuition return?" along with Roshi, Krillin and the other characters having active roles.
This arc is going to set up so much potential for the future of Super. Hopefully they Don't ruin it first chance they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom