• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trunks next chapter
266ff277efd61d5b850aed9d16ba378f.jpg

imagine it become reality and have Goku or Veggie say exactly that

at least he healed and blocked Black's punches with his face

Skeeter49

I think Zamasu would work better if he was revealed a few arcs prior to the Goku Black arc. Honestly the Goku Black arc might have been better to do after the Universal Tournament arc, where we could have had Zamasu fleshed out during the tournament. Goku being the reason for the ToP, even if the destruction was going to happen regardless, would have been that final motivation for Zamasu, that I think everyone would understand.

I still really like the arc, but Zamasu could have had more development. I thought it was fine for a short arc, but a lot more could have been done.

HeroR

Yeah. I wouldn't say thought it was awful but a bit disappointing. Still overall enjoyable.

Maybe to your standards. They definitely don't match up with everyone's. Characters acting stupid is automatically "awful execution" for me, so there's a difference in standards right there.

To each their own. Characters being moronic idiots brings down the arc for me and the Android/Cell Saga is the perfect example of that. There were also other major issues with that saga, but the characters being idiots was a major one.

I think Zamasu would work better if he was revealed a few arcs prior to the Goku Black arc. Honestly the Goku Black arc might have been better to do after the Universal Tournament arc, where we could have had Zamasu fleshed out during the tournament. Goku being the reason for the ToP, even if the destruction was going to happen regardless, would have been that final motivation for Zamasu, that I think everyone would understand.

I still really like the arc, but Zamasu could have had more development. I thought it was fine for a short arc, but a lot more could have been done.

That wouldn't make much sense since Zamasu would have a dozens of mortals to despise, especially the Pride Troopers claiming justice. He was triggered over Goku specifically because he lost a sparring match with him. Seeing Goku on Godtube was just the final nail.

The Future Trunks Saga was the perfect length. It did what it needed to do and didn't overstay its welcome, which became a problem with Z after the Saiyan Saga.

And if Beerus died, Whis would just make Buu the new God of Destruction. It was a win-win situation for him really considering Buu was doing a great job at destroying planets.

Magwik

Banned
If Future Trunks ever come back it will be a gag where they go to the Future to grab him and it turns out they grab the wrong Trunks and end up with the one who didn't go through the Black Saga

Buu would probably be a bad GoD too. Isn't aimlessly blowing up planets with no rhyme or reason not "good"?

Eh, it's not like Beerus was obeying a very strict moral code or anything. He was blowing up planets (or keeping them untouched) with no rhyme or reason too.

If Future Trunks ever come back it will be a gag where they go to the Future to grab him and it turns out they grab the wrong Trunks and end up with the one who didn't go through the Black Saga

Wait, at what point does the alternate Trunks' future branch off? I thought alternate Trunks did go through part of the Black Saga, up to Zamasu's attempted murder of Gowasu?

And if Beerus died, Whis would just make Buu the new God of Destruction. It was a win-win situation for him really considering Buu was doing a great job at destroying planets.

Presumably someone else would have to chose the next GoD, if Beerus dies Whis shuts down.
Though that begs the question, can Zeno or the Great Priest "reactivate" angels when they have no GoD? If not them being saved from the universal destruction this arc wouldn't mean much.

Eh, it's not like Beerus was obeying a very strict moral code or anything. He was blowing up planets (or keeping them untouched) with no rhyme or reason too.
But he'd still be bad. Worse than Beerus in that regard. Reminds me of Zeno a little bit actually lol

Presumably someone else would have to chose the next GoD, if Beerus dies Whis shuts down.
Though that begs the question, can Zeno or the Great Priest "reactivate" angels when they have no GoD? If not them being saved from the universal destruction this arc wouldn't mean much.

Considering how nonchalant they are about their universe being destroyed, I think that indicates it's not a big deal for them if they get deactivated.

HeroR

I think that is the case given Whis' 'sucks to be you' laugh and Vados' smug smile.

L Thammy

Gods of Destruction destroy planets so that Supreme Kais can create more in their place. I have to imagine that universes have something similar going on.

I originally figured that Zeno was capable of creating universes as well as destroying them. Maybe he created all the universes in the first place, maybe he's planning on rebooting the unfit ones. In that case, maybe the angels can be reactivated when they're assigned to a new universe.

Or maybe there's someone else who creates universes, and again, angels can be reassigned. I agree with the notion that their lack of concern means that they're probably not in any personal danger.

Well we have yet to see any Angel from one of the destroyed universes.

That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't there, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This would be so funny, perfect for a gag arc

Wait, at what point does the alternate Trunks' future branch off? I thought alternate Trunks did go through part of the Black Saga, up to Zamasu's attempted murder of Gowasu?
I think Alt F. Trunks (sounds like the execution command for a program, geez) was the same up until right before Black. So he killed Dabura/Babidi and all that but nothing else (we know of).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I kind of wish my computer had a Trunks key now, but I'm afraid of what might happen if I pressed it.
*Presses key*

*Hears NINGEN very loudly outside*

I think Alt F. Trunks (sounds like the execution command for a program, geez) was the same up until right before Black. So he killed Dabura/Babidi and all that but nothing else (we know of).

Trunks fought Dabura one year before Black showed up on Earth, but Black and Zamasu had already taken out some planets before, so depending on how long they were together the timeline split might come before Babidi shows up.

Beerus, after 90 episodes of lounging around and eating for free,
seriously telling the gang they have to fight or he'll kill them all is kinda hilariously dark.

Skeeter49

Beerus, after 90 episodes of lounging around and eating for free,
seriously telling the gang they have to fight or he'll kill them all is kinda hilariously dark.
I mean, Beerus's universe level being so low has to be affecting him. So it'd make sense if he's starting to snap and is getting extremely pissed.

I think a week without an episode would really be bad for this arc, hopefully we don't get one at least until the ToP is over.

We already had a break this arc.
There will be a break at the end of July for Fuji TV's annual "27-Hour Day of Televison", just like with the last two years. I don't know if it's on the 23rd or the 30th this year.
Breaks are always good for production, so just look at it as a positive.

Sooner than expected with Beerus getting his mojo back. Id rather him putting Goku in line, but anything but sitting in the background and getting flustered constantly is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom