• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

I like that Gohan is doing nothing
foreshadowing?
Kale is the worst thing about this arc, not
Frieza's return
. I really don't like Broly. At least we got Caulifla, but I have a feeling she'll get sidelined.
I don't see how when she hasn't done anything

Other details- back of head of super saoyan with sword on back between vegeta and fembroly in reflection. Saiyan with tail's foot on right, and red hair ponytail under vegeta (dbh heroes looks like)

I think it's Goku with the pole not a sword. The Saiyan with a tail... mmh, Beat from Dragon Ball Heroes? No idea about the third one.

HardRojo

DAvik6dXcAAcbZc

Bug eyes metal form?

Edit:

Other details- back of head of super saoyan with sword on back between vegeta and fembroly in reflection. Saiyan with tail's foot on right, and red hair ponytail under vegeta (dbh heroes looks like)
I think that's not a sword but SS Xeno Goku, that's his pole.
The other 2 are probably the male and female (SSG) avatars from DBH.

celsowmbr

Banned
Using
Frieza yet again
is disappointing, but here's a few things that that I would like to see done with that:

1. Interactions with Frost, and Frieza ridiculing him.
  2. Frieza toys with Cabba, or hurts him so badly that it leads to Broly-chan's transformation, and she beats up Frieza.
  3. Frieza does something stupid at the end that gets him erased by Zeno, so he'll never be seen again.

Number 3 would be amazing !!!

NandoGip

I think that's not a sword but SS Xeno Goku, that's his pole.
The other 2 are probably the male and female (SSG) avatars from DBH.

Yeah, you're right. SSJ Xeno Goku, SSJ God Beat, SSJ God Saiyan default girl idk her name, and then base form Beat.

Still though, Bug eyes has white skin in everything that has been shown, I think the metal skin is something that hasn't been revealed yet. Unless I missed it of course.

Yeah, you're right. SSJ Xeno Goku, SSJ God Beat, SSJ God Saiyan default girl idk her name, and then base form Beat.

Still though, Bug eyes has white skin in everything that has been shown, I think the metal skin is something that hasn't been revealed yet. Unless I missed it of course.

Her name is Note.

Also Jiren doesn't have white skin.
ku3mKJC.png

The other figure we've seen of him also had metal like skin.
571156.jpg

Interested to see what it means. When this firgure got revealed I thought it was just a weird paint job, but now we have two figures with metal like skin.

Also it's weird that the Chibi Jiren figure is smaller than Goku, the opening has him taller.

Real Hero

It is probably one of the most interesting dynamics ever in dragon ball atm. The enemies are heroes of justice, our heroes are the bad guys kinda, but the heroes of justice are so obnoxious and judgemental about it you don't root for them, most of our heroes don't even know why they are fighting, Goku is totally innocent but also to blame kind and a massive liar and now an actual bad guy will on his team.

I expect some rants against the evils of freeza

L Thammy

akira toriyama: god i'm so tired of drawing overdesigned muscly characters everyone's going to be lean and mean now

*draws jiren*
*draws kale*

NandoGip

Her name is Note.

Also Jiren doesn't have white skin.
ku3mKJC.png

The other figure we've seen of him also had metal like skin.
571156.jpg

Interested to see what it means. When this firgure got revealed I thought it was just a weird paint job, but now we have two figures with metal like skin.

Also it's weird that the Chibi Jiren figure is smaller than Goku, the opening has him taller.

I thought the same thing. The metal is going to be his secret skill, little too obvious. Pink accents on Goku Black in marketing material ended up being SSJ Rose obviously, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume Jiren will go metal form.

L Thammy

I thought the same thing. The metal is going to be his secret skill, little too obvious. Pink accents on Goku Black in marketing material ended up being SaSJ Rose obviously, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume Jiren will go metal form.

So I only got to the first episode with Baby so far, but what I think they should take from GT:

Adult Trunks wearing a suit and glasses
Pan's personality from the first episode
General Rilldo's powers
Moustache Vegeta
Animation

awwww yeaaah

NandoGip

Rewatched G. Black saga... it's been pretty boring. I think it was the nostalgia factor of a new story with Trunks that propped it up on first watch.

The Good:
-The scenes giving more background on the extended lore on universes and kais are cool
-Goku Black is cool, SSJ Rose is cool
-Future Trunks returning, in concept, is sweet. Scenes with Vege, Kid Trunks were good
-The destroyed future setting is cool
-The voice actors performance, SSJ Rose in particular
-The ending scene with Giygas Zamasu

Essentially: The outline of the story is great

The Bad:
-Zamasu's motivations are barely fleshed out, and kind of stupid tbh
-Arc is short but drawn out. Multiple trips back and forth between the same 3 settings over 30 episodes
-The dizzying time travel shenanigans
-SSJ Blue Vegito's execution. Pretty much pointless in the grand scheme of things.
-Lot of unexplained, unsatisfying stuff. SSJ Rage, Spirit bomb sword, etc (Remember the weeks of build up to SSJ R?)
-Zen-oh button with the universe erase, then Whis sending Trunks back. Ending in general was just stupid, fast, unsatisfying, ruined the whole story of the arc IMO.

Essentially: The execution of the concept was bad. Some parts were too much, some not enough, making it so overall it was fairly mediocre.

I'm still glad for it, but watching it as the episodes came out was way better. Watching it back to back made the flaws really noticeable.

Spirit bomb sword is the shit, it's on some spiral energy level of determination and willpower, true 'guts'; Trunks became a true King of Braves in the end.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rewatched G. Black saga... it's been pretty boring. I think it was the nostalgia factor of a new story with Trunks that propped it up on first watch.

The Good:
-The scenes giving more background on the extended lore on universes and kais are cool
-Goke Black is cool, SSJ Rose is cool
-Future Trunks returning, in concept, is sweet. Scenes with Vege, Kid Trunks were good
-The destroyed future setting is cool
-The voice actors performance, SSJ Rose in particular
-The ending scene with Giygas Zamasu
Essentially: The outline of the story is great

The Bad:
-Zamasu's motivations are barely fleshed out, and kind of stupid tbh
-Arc is short but drawn out. Multiple trips back and forth between the same 3 settings over 30 episodes
-The dizzying time travel shenanigans
-SSJ Blue Vegito's execution. Pretty much pointless in the grand scheme of things.
-Lot of unexplained, unsatisfying stuff. SSJ Rage, Spirit bomb sword, etc (Remember the weeks of build up to SSJ R?)
-Zen-oh button with the universe erase, then Whis sending Trunks back. Ending in general was just stupid, fast, unsatisfying, ruined the whole story of the arc IMO.
Essentially: The execution of the concepts was bad. Some parts were too much, some not enough, making it so overall it was fairly mediocre.

I'm still glad for it, but watching it as the episodes came out was way better. Watching it back to back made the flaws really noticeable.
I loved this arc but I agree with all of your negatives. Solid concept and flawed execution.

So far nothing in Super has hit the highs of King Piccolo -> Cell for me, even if I've enjoyed it a lot.

DAvik6dXcAAcbZc

Bug eyes metal form?

Edit:

Damn. I would totally buy that Gohan if he had the bang.

:(

NandoGip

Spirit bomb sword is the shit, it's on some spiral energy level of determination and willpower, true 'guts'; Trunks became a true King of Braves in the end.

The scene was dope, don't get me wrong. Storywise it didn't make sense, and ultimately served no purpose because Zen-oh had to erase Zamasu anyways. You can make an argument that the sword not killing Zamasu was better for the story, but IMO it didn't feel that way for me

I loved this arc but I agree with all of your negatives. Solid concept and flawed execution.

So far nothing in Super has hit the highs of King Piccolo -> Cell for me, even if I've enjoyed it a lot.

I liked the arc, I'm glad it exists, but yeah like I said, it's definitely not anywhere near the top compared to other arcs in DB.

I really do agree though, King Piccolo to Cell in one sitting is really so damn good. Cell Saga in the manga/DB Kai is so damn good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom