• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Energy attack that can ignore stronger opponents' defenses" is pretty general.

"Focus your energy in one spot until something happens." "What?" "I don't know something." "How long?" "I don't know." "What should it feel like" "I don't know." Is super specific.

If you think so then alright, do you. I think it's stupid. We don't even know the specifics of how to do the Tri Beam so it's not like there's anything to go off of there anyway. It could be a lot more convoluted of a process for all we know.

Beth Cyra

In the manga Goku actually was trying to finish off Kid Buu but couldn't cause Buu was fucking with him and then SSJ3's energy drain screwed him over.
Yes. It as far as I've seen Super treats the anime and Manga as equal canon previously so which interpretation of SSJ3 is the right one? Given the way Goku approached Beerus, the lines he used and even him Transforming against Trunks none of it made me think Goku considered it Trash tier or anything of the sort.

I genuinely love the lighting in Hell after Freeza is set free.
woydwF1.png

Yjz2enE.png

YZzLXAK.png

Anteater

i can't remember, when did they break the hyperbolic time chamber time limit? where you could only go in there for a year or two or whatever

Yes. It as far as I've seen Super treats the anime and Manga as equal canon previously so which interpretation of SSJ3 is the right one? Given the way Goku approached Beerus, the lines he used and even him Transforming against Trunks none of it made me think Goku considered it Trash tier or anything of the sort.

The transformation is fine as long as you can finish a fight very quickly, if you can't and the fight becomes prolonged then you're screwed

Slaythe

Not being stuck on Earth's hell seems like a good condition to me.

Of course Frieza is probably gonna ask Frost to revive him after the tournament or something.

Skeeter49

Goku saying it was "ridiculous" makes me think it'll be more than just that.
Goku's going to reveal all the stakes right away, giving Frieza everything he needs to make a deal greater than just getting his life back. :(

Once you tell Frieza there's no time left, he has everything he needs.

Beth Cyra

The transformation is fine as long as you can finish a fight very quickly, if you can't and the fight becomes prolonged then you're screwed
Oh I agree but that was a cool downside to it. A pretty awesome trump card to have and made the for really unique.

I just don't see how this makes it trash, just use it right.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber was better as a one time use thing. Breaking the 2 year limit trivializes time. It's practically the answer to everything these days.

The Adder

Banned
If you think so then alright, do you. I think it's stupid. We don't even know the specifics of how to do the Tri Beam so it's not like there's anything to go off of there anyway. It could be a lot more convoluted of a process for all we know.

I just find the idea of "hey, I'm going to try doing a random thing with my energy until something happens" kind of silly. It's not like U6 Saiyans are aware that they can transform into Super Saiyans. They don't even have tails anymore.

Not only do you need them to do this specific thing, for a certain amount of time with no particular goal in mind. You need the correct power level to make it happen.

It's like you going outside right now and trying to figure out how to fly. No human has ever done it before, but you don't know we can't. Nothing happening? Keep going, it might eventually. Hell, you have a leg up on the Saiyans. You have the concept of flight in your head. You have an actual goal you're trying to achieve. They don't have any idea what a Saiyan transforming (without a tail at least) would be like and have no idea that that's what they're trying to do.

I think that sometimes viewers forget that they have perfect knowledge and the characters don't. It's like the Yamcha manga. Of course we would know exactly what to do.

NimbusD

Man, I keep finding my hype for this deflated by stupid shit like, oh ssj is just focusing your energy into your back! Easy! Meh.

Honestly the only thing I don't like about Super is Goku himself. If he were just a TAD more serious the show wouldn't border on being so cringey. Not saying it needs to be Z 2.0, but Goku shouldn't have such a casual disregard towards just about everything.

I just find the idea of "hey, I'm going to try doing a random thing with my energy until something happens" kind of silly. It's like you, without having seen this show, trying to focus your energy on your back right now. It's not like U6 Saiyans are aware that they can transform into Super Saiyans. They don't even have tails anymore.

Not only do you need them to do this specific thing, for a certain amount of time with no particular goal in mind. You need the correct power level to make it happen.

It's like you going outside right now and trying to figure out how to fly. No human has ever done it before, but you don't know we can't. Hell, you have a leg up on the Saiyans. You have the concept of flight in your head. They don't have any idea what a Saiyan transforming (without a tail at least) would be like.

I think that sometimes viewers forget that they have perfect knowledge and the characters don't. It's like the Yamcha manga. Of course we would know exactly what to do.

Except this kind of stuff happens all the time in real life. When it comes to experimenting with science, the discovery of fire, finding a glitch in a video game. If we're talking one person than it would be valid. But over the whole span of time the U6 Saiyans existed, them being a warrior race, all of the amounts of training and experimenting/playing with their power over the how ever many of them exist in their universe, not one person came across this power achieved by simply focusing energy in your back. They didn't even try to make it seem like it was a hard to achieve ability.

Man, I keep finding my hype for this deflated by stupid shit like, oh ssj is just focusing your energy into your back! Easy! Meh.

Well, it's not like focusing energy into a specific point of your back all 'tingly-like' is something anyone would randomly do on purpose, perhaps rage just directs the energy there.
Also they keep making a point about how cauli seems to be insanely gifted, it's probably not something any random saiyan can do succesfully that quick or without having the rage transformation first.

Cabba needs to tell them that there is more levels... they still have a lot of time.. Super logic, they should get stromger

She seems to go SSJ2 in NEP.

The further we get in super the more I question why gotten and trunks are a thing
First they're comedy tier
Than they won't grow
Than their fusion gets knocked to fodder tier
Now super Saiyan is achievable in the most simplest way by saiyans who had no idea what the hell it was

Effect

I wonder if Freiza wants to fight Goku one more time. Goku wins then Frieza fights and if he loses then well Goku is dead and maybe Freiza walks free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom