• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

I don't see why not?

Because Goku was only able to come up with it with an undead body.

Gotenks is a magical being and none of the kids can transform on their own.

Vegeta that never lets Goku get ahead and get unique transformations never got SSJ3 either despite training relentlessly.

There's also the fact that SSJ3 is shit in the manga, it completely backfired when Goku had his alive body.

It was also surpassed by angry SSJ2 people and by Gohan. So SSJ3 really feels like a useless unnatural transformation.

Anyway, you can disagree, I don't really care, in the canon, that's how it is. Only the games took it to a stupid level where everybody and their mother are getting SSJ3.

Big One

Banned
This was an interesting episode. I liked how they went in depth in how to become a Super saiyan, though it makes you think why something so simple was never something Saiyans figured out on their own, lol.

Slaythe

This was an interesting episode. I liked how they went in depth in how to become a Super saiyan, though it makes you think why something so simple was never something Saiyans figured out on their own, lol.

Goten and Trunks got it, how hard could it be ?

RocknRola

Goten and Trunks got it, how hard could it be ?

To be fair, back in Z they were supposed to be "better Gohan's", which was already a "Saiyan but with rage cheats!" sooo...yeah :p

I did enjoy them trying to represent how "ki" is controlled/collected for the transformation though, that was nice.

Bowl0l

Potential and the legend.
Next: Gohan Vs Kale hype battle.

Girl Goku.
Kurin is going to die? No. 18 is not going to be happy.

Also, now I'm super curious to see what Frieza actually asks and how the interactions will be! :)

On that note, damnit, bring 17 to the party already. I wanna see Vegeta/Piccolo and him go at it lol
Assuming being dead means unlimited stamina which gave Goku SSJ3 hax, Gold form Frieda will want to spar with Goku.

ElFly

goku could not sustain ssj3 for long in an alive body

nothing says he cannot _achieve_ for the first time ssj3 in an alive body

it's not like it is in the canon. the manga doesn't really say you can only learn ssj3 by being dead. it just never happens otherwise for an unfused being

that's like saying that kaiohken can only be learned by goku because nobody else has ever bothered to learn

ElFly

I think this goes to the old standard of "achieving a new level is easy if you see it before"

Omni

Okay next episode is gonna be great

but seriously this tournament needs to start already. Today's episode felt like a whole lot of nothing

Mendrox

goku could not sustain ssj3 for long in an alive body

nothing says he cannot _achieve_ for the first time ssj3 in an alive body

it's not like it is in the canon. the manga doesn't really say you can only learn ssj3 by being dead. it just never happens otherwise for an unfused being

that's like saying that kaiohken can only be learned by goku because nobody else has ever bothered to learn

Gotenks was also able to get to SSJ 3 without much problems lol

The Adder

Banned
Vegeta that never lets Goku get ahead and get unique transformations never got SSJ3 either despite training relentlessly.

Because it's a shitty, useless transformation. There was no point in learning it. Vegeta never bothered to learn Full Power SSJ either because SSJ2 surpassed it.

Anyway, you can disagree, I don't really care, in the canon, that's how it is.

No it isn't. Nowhere in the canon does it state SSJ3 is unnatural or unobtainable. That is baseless extrapolation/fanwank. It's just complete shit and pointless to bother pursuing it.

With all the focus Universe 6 has still gotten, I really believe that theory that the Universes are going to merge, or at least, the Universe 6 planets will be "relocated" to Universe 7.

download.png
download_1.png
download_2.png

Let me ask you Dragon Ball-gaf.

Good idea?

Or Goodest idea?

The Adder

Banned

U7 Saiyans just weren't strong enough. Remember, base Cabba could go toe-to-toe with base Vegeta back at the tourney. And Caulifa is stronger than him. The strongest U7 Saiyan up until the Frieza saga was either Vegeta's 16,000 or whatever Bardock was after healing from the Dodoria fight. Whichever was stronger.

ElFly

just by wanting to join the team Mr Satan proves himself a better person than Tenshinhan, 18, 17, and whoever else did not want to join without promises of money or dragon ball wishes

Let me ask you Dragon Ball-gaf.

Good idea?

Or Goodest idea?

I can see no downsides here

With all the focus Universe 6 has still gotten, I really believe that theory that the Universes are going to merge, or at least, the Universe 6 planets will be "relocated" to Universe 7.
I hope so. I want Cabba and Caulifa to join the Z Fighters.
U7 Saiyans just weren't strong enough. Remember, base Cabba could go toe-to-toe with base Vegeta back at the tourney. And Caulifa is stronger than him. The strongest U7 Saiyan up until the Frieza saga was either Vegeta's 16,000 or whaever Bardock was after healing from the Dodoria fight. Whichever was stronger.
Makes sense in that Saiyans were just fodder footsoldiers so they probably didn't live long enough to get powerful enough to access Super Saiyan.

The Adder

Banned
Makes sense in that Saiyans were just fodder footsoldiers so they probably didn't love long enough to get powerful enough to access Super Saiyan.

I mean, that even extends to Gohan, Vegeta, and Future Trunks having trouble with it. Goten and Trunks are still the outliers, but I'm willing to believe Saiyan biology has some Lamarckist elements.

just by wanting to join the team Mr Satan proves himself a better person than Tenshinhan, 18, 17, and whoever else did not want to join without promises of money or dragon ball wishes

He's a true hero. Remember when he saved the Earth from Kid Buu because Goku can't do anything right?

I mean, that even extends to Gohan, Vegeta, and Future Trunks having trouble with it. Goten and Trunks are still the outliers, but I'm willing to believe Saiyan biology has some Lamarckist elements.
Well Gohan never wanted to fight, so that makes sense.

I'm willing to bet that Goku never bothered to mention the tingly back energy thing.

Also, retcons again.

PeaceUK

To be fair they didn't know it had such high stakes, they thought it was just a tournament. Besides 17 who's just a dick.

I'm willing to bet that Goku never bothered to mention the tingly back energy thing.

Also, retcons again.

You should probably look up what a retcon is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nakao (Freeza's VA) mentioned at a convention today
he recorded some scenes with Frost where they scheme about something...

The Adder

Banned

Also, retcons again.

I'm just saying that "the stronger you are, the easier it is" makes everything nice and consistant, except Trunks and Goten who are just as easily hand-waved with "their dads could do it before they were conceived."

The Adder

Banned
Apropos of nothing:

King Vegeta wanting to get rid of Baby Broly was the right call.

10,000 is an insane power level for a baby, sure. And would even be impressive for a full grown Saiyan. But it's nothing compared to Freeza and his forces. If they discovered a Saiyan infant was born with a PL that high, do you think Freeza would hesitate for a second before shitting his pants in fear that the legend was coming true and wiping out the entire Saiyan race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom