• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

We're totally getting a Spin off featuring 17's son as the main character. Just you wait.

They'll probably introduce him when they get to Uub's generation. No way they'd stay with only Uub and Pan around. From a marketing point of view, it makes sense to introduce a 2nd boy.

Goten exists so Vegeta can finally get some form of W, knowing his son is stronger than one of Goku's sons, both if we count Future "Demi-God" Trunks.

L Thammy

Gohan got the Saiyan Izuna Drop. What move will Goten get? Obviously it should be a samurai move to complement his brother's ninja one.

They'll probably introduce him when they get to Uub's generation. No way they'd stay with only Uub and Pan around. From a marketing point of view, it makes sense to introduce a 2nd boy.

Just say that he inherited power from his father since the enhancements were bio organic, would also let them do stuff with Marron if they wanted. I'd be cool with it.

Skeeter49

Gohan got the Saiyan Izuna Drop. What move will Goten get? Obviously it should be a samurai move to complement his brother's ninja one.

Beerus will teach him how to erase people from all timelines, and when Goten does it the first time, he trips and uses it on himself.

Skeeter49

Didn't guido levitate tree does that count .

I guess, but that was more psychic powers like a mime Tien murdered in cold blood could use. He also stopped people from moving, but that's more freezing people, not suppressing them with Gravity, or changing Gravity on them.

The freezing people, did it only work on people he focused on, or was Vegeta strong enough that it didn't effect him?

Regardless, we found a technique Goten can learn. Now someone needs to teach him these Gravity Powers.

Real, human people at Bandai looked at this and thought "Yeah, that seems right."
DzYAuEB.png

How.

Why the fuck couldn't they simply call him or "Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé)". They kept the SSGSS naming anyway so... whatever lol.

Hilariously enough, "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" Goku's transformation is called "Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken". They can't even be consistent with it, lol.

HeroR

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the dub, the direction is a little stilted. Kai's dub feels more natural to me.

Funny, I am the opposite.

Bandai's doing a stream in 3 and a half hours with the first gameplay of this DLC.
Their DLC streams for XV2 have been cringey as hell though.

I don't know if Sean does that, but Chris Sabat does and I'm pretty sure he's the voice director for Super and the games.

He does't. Sean makes it a point not to watched Super.

HeroR

The god training would have been a good way to normalize everything though. I don't think we'd get nearly as many complaints if we had gotten Whis training everyone for this tournament and it was after that training that we got the current portrayal of everyone's powers closer together.

I just get the impression that Toei's writers don't really see power consistency as something important, especially when you look at other franchises entirely owned by Toei.

Whis doesn't train fodder. He trains people who can become Gods of Destruction.

NeonZ

Whis doesn't train fodder. He trains people who can become Gods of Destruction.

Then Beerus, since his life is on the line. Still, I doubt "Whis would never train them!" would pop up as much as the power level complaints we're seeing currently.

HeroR

But I think they're precisely trying to undermine the god garbage.

Buu and Gohan's current portrayal (before their new buffs even) really felt like trying to legitimate Z levels again despite being 452415254519656548 billion times inferior supposedly. (and let's not mention the Tagoma debacle)

This is not a coincidence when literally nobody else has had god ki. Trunks, Hit, Frieza, 17, Jiren, Brola, none of them have god ki yet they're among the strongest.

It's becoming so pointless it might as well not exist TBH. It brings virtually nothing. It's basically a prettier Super Saiyan 3 at this point.

The low blow was animating 17 showing the picture. Like... Just pretend he doesn't have a phone or something.

But yeah for his defense this arc needed 100 new characters. So characters you'll see twice at most through the arc were probably not a priority. He'll make them for the final episodes I'm sure.

Who is Brola and do you now how strong this person is or you assuming?

Also, they're not undermining god ki at all since the gods themselves were shocked when they saw Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and treated it as a big thing. Also, the true top tier people in the universe have god ki with Vegeta and Goku slowly reaching that level. Zamasu even took Goku's body partly because he had god ki.

So no. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan isn't just prettier Super Saiyan 3.

Also, the other characters you named weren't no where near Goku's base power, forget his god forms.

Then Beerus, since his life is on the line. Still, I doubt "Whis would never train them!" would pop up as much as the power level complaints we're seeing currently.

Whis laughed Beerus' face about him being erased. Fans were deluding themselves to think that Whis was just train the main cast. This has been a pipe dream since the Champa Saga.

Just say that he inherited power from his father since the enhancements were bio organic, would also let them do stuff with Marron if they wanted. I'd be cool with it.

Unless genetic are involved in creating the androids, that makes no sense.

NeonZ

Whis laughed Beerus' face about him being erased. Fans were deluding themselves to think that Whis was just train the main cast. This has been a pipe dream since the Champa Saga.

I just mentioned Beerus there.

Still, even if you somehow don't see it, most of the viewers everywhere see these recent episodes as portraying the characters much closer to the god levels than they should be, with 17 being considered by most people to be basically on god level, and that's from where all the anger is coming from, since they don't see that growth as having a proper build up.

Daingurse

Only so much pain a brother can take. Being left out of the tournament was the kicker to the heart
tumblr_inline_oiljifP7P71tok264_540.jpg

Understandable. At times, I have tried to put myself in your shoes as a Goten fan, and honestly don't know how you do it, man. But please try and stay the course. Somebody has to have Goten's back, and I'm not strong enough to carry such a burdern.

HeroR

Wut, why?

Goten sounded pretty awful in one of the Super Saiyan God episodes.

He does it be surprised and he doesn't want to copy Goku's Japanese voice actress.

Only Goten really sounded iffy, and that because the actress purposely changed his voice, and he has gotten better. Everyone else has been on point, especially Goku, Vegeta, Whis, and Beerus. Well except for Bulma, but I never cared for her new VA, which sounds iffy in Buu Kai.

Still, even if you somehow don't see it, most of the viewers everywhere see these recent episodes as portraying the characters much closer to the god levels than they should be, with 17 being considered by most people to be basically on god level, and that's from where all the anger is coming from, since they don't see that growth as having a proper build up.

No offense, but if the audience can't figure out that Goku used his god form to test Krillin, something that was stated in the freaking episode, and 17 while strong was fighting a suppressed Goku who wasn't going all out, then they're just being dense. Which is the problem with the online Dragon Ball fanbase. They ignore context and just whine.

L Thammy

Not to disagree with you, but can I see your data?

He does it be surprised and he doesn't want to copy Goku's Japanese voice actress.

Only Goten really sounded iffy, and that because the actress purposely changed his voice, and he has gotten better. Everyone else has been on point, especially Goku, Vegeta, Whis, and Beerus. Well except for Bulma, but I never cared for her new VA, which sounds iffy in Buu Kai.

No offense, but if the audience can't figure out that Goku used his god form to test Krillin, something that was stated in the freaking episode, and 17 while strong was fighting a suppressed Goku who wasn't going all out, then they're just being dense. Which is the problem with the online Dragon Ball fanbase. They ignore context and just whine.

God damn. I didn't know how much I missed your posts.

NeonZ

Not to disagree with you, but can I see your data?

I should have mentioned in online message boards everywhere. I doubt the average viewer that doesn't bother engaging in these types of discussions cares much about this.

But these power level arguments have gone out of control in the last few weeks in both English and Japanese boards from what I've seen.

L Thammy

I think it's fairly common for actors to avoid learning things beforehand in order to have natural reactions. I think Goku's Japanese VA uses the same technique?

I should have mentioned in online message boards everywhere. I doubt the average viewer that doesn't bother engaging in these types of discussions cares much about this.

But these power level arguments have gone out of control in the last few weeks in both English and Japanese boards from what I've seen.

Okay, that I understand better. As a nerd, it is my belief that nerds are awful.

I think a big part of why the conflict is so heated is that the explanation is there, no rules have technically been broken. There is nothing you can actually cite to say that this power jump is not consistent with the rules of the Dragonball universe. We know that 17's power can grow, we know that he's had the time to train, we know that training can make character's power jump up to be scaled with the current saga.

The upsetting thing is an emotive one. That people feel like the explanation isn't good enough for the size of the changes it's made. It's a subjective territory. So arguing against it isn't going to make a difference, because it's not going to make anyone feel satisfied if they weren't before.

HeroR

I think it's fairly common for actors to avoid learning things beforehand in order to have natural reactions. I think Goku's Japanese VA uses the same technique?

Okay, that I understand better. As a nerd, it is my belief that nerds are awful.

I think a big part of why the conflict is so heated is that the explanation is there, no rules have technically been broken. There is nothing you can actually cite to say that this power jump is not consistent with the rules of the Dragonball universe. We know that 17's power can grow, we know that he's had the time to train, we know that training can make character's power jump up to be scaled with the current saga.

The upsetting thing is an emotive one. That people feel like the explanation isn't good enough for the size of the changes it's made. It's a subjective territory. So arguing against it isn't going to make a difference, because it's not going to make anyone feel satisfied if they weren't before.

I agree with this.

17's jump is drastic the same way as Frieza, which a lot of people hate. People also hate Trunks' power drop for being drastic and how quickly it happened, despite him getting a new form.

Out of the above, 17 is the most understandable power jump. He has unlimited energy and he trained for over a decade. Of course, this makes previous story arcs iffy with 17 being that strong and nobody knowing about it, but even Popo lampshaded that and 17 not seeming to care if the world ends.

Daingurse

I really don't know why Android 17 is the straw that the broke the camel's back lol.

Dragon Ball has had inconsistent powerscaling since the damn Namek Saga. It's something I've learnt to accept. In Super specifically, I honestly think what's being done is for the greater good. Unless you disregard power levels, there's no conceiveable way to get other characters back in the mix. The insane powercreep inherent in Goku and Vegeta's god forms is completely at odds with that.

Yes, I frankly find it hard to believe that Android 17 could become so powerful. But you know what? I'm totally fine just rolling with it. Out-of all the other "asspulls" it's the most believable one. Android 17 isn't a normal being! I could probably believe the shit if they showed me his training, haha.

FWIW Japanese fans are complaining about the exact same things from what I've seen.
Seen a large number of videos going wtf
Facebooks fan posts
Message boards
Etc

The 17 thing certainly caused a lil stir

Although in my opinion freeza should've caused more of a stir because the need to make him get stronger and how it was portrayed and executed shat on character development and story development

HeroR

Seen a large number of videos going wtf
Facebooks fan posts
Message boards
Etc

The 17 thing certainly caused a lil stir

Although in my opinion freeza should've caused more of a stir because the need to make him get stronger and how it was portrayed and executed shat on character development and story development

Not really since Frieza being a lazy bum who never trained perfectly fits his character, along with him being to impatient to fully developed his power. Nothing Frieza did in Resurrection 'F' in was out of character. In fact, it's the most in-character I have seen Frieza written since his death in the original manga.

17 just seems out there and it doesn't help that 17 isn't that popular, at least in Japan.

Not really since Frieza being a lazy bum who never trained perfectly fits his character, along with him being to impatient to fully developed his power. Nothing Frieza did in Resurrection 'F' in was out of character. In fact, it's the most in-character I have seen Frieza written since his death in the original manga.

17 just seems out there and it doesn't help that 17 isn't that popular, at least in Japan.
In order to please the fans they went out of their way to say O Frieza never trained now he has so he caught up to all your hard work in mere months. All the emotional turmoil, the struggle, the saiyans he wiped out because he were afraid of them(why was he afraid just train 😒)

On top of that fast forward to the next arc freeza comes back,trunks easily takes him out you would think that's a point to say freeza you aren't a threat to us we're pass that.

His power up , his comeback was way worse than 17 coming back easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom