• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosé is looking pretty good in Xenoverse 2, sure wish I enjoyed the gameplay more.

I'll probably go back and check it out when it releases regardless though.

It's a shame they got the blade shape wrong in that move, not too big of a deal though.
Hopefully Sean Schemmel has improved his Goku Black and I'm excited to hear Zamasu.

That's the trick dude - if you can ringout Goku before he goes SSB ham, you win

Not that that will happen in the tournament - the OP shows Goku vs Jiren and going SSG2.

Yes I'm calling his new form Super Saiyan God 2. Why? because the aura is red.

Should be called Kaioken God instead.

Kyzer

Banned
Rosé is looking pretty good in Xenoverse 2, sure wish I enjoyed the gameplay more.

I'll probably go back and check it out when it releases regardless though.

damnit Ive held off since the switch announcement I need a release date

ElFly

I'm going to have to disagree with you on where the black plot starts to not make sense. The beginning was fine with trunks but after that it was classic dragonball. Nothing about trunks made sense with trunks power level in the whole entire arc from being able to get rage power ups to actually being a good fight against them (although still weaker) to finally "beating" them.

The black arc didn't make sense power level wise, it's just that it was either small enough (basically all of z is this) that people forgave it or there were other problems that annoyed people far more (the spirit bomb from trunks that somehow was strong enough to kill the physical form of zamasu).

And I won't go into android 17 anymore but people have already mentioned 17 HAD motivation to get stronger.

*shrug* I feel Trunks was well done until the Genki sword

dunno about 17's motivation

18 has been more than content with no training, and she witnessed the whole Buu debacle first hand

if you are gonna play the "pride" card, you also gotta explain where 17 was during Buu

J4g3r

It's a shame they got the blade shape wrong in that move, not too big of a deal though.
Hopefully Sean Schemmel has improved his Goku Black and I'm excited to hear Zamasu.

Urgh, I hated his Goku Black in the first DLC - Doesn't suit the character at all.

Instead of *intellectual/snarky* Goku.

We got *edgy CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES* Goku.

Skeeter49

He knew nothing about Goku Black when he did it in XV2. Remember the jokes we had when all we knew was there'd be a Goku Black, that's the same level playing field Sean was at.

J4g3r

He knew nothing about Goku Black when he did it in XV2. Remember the jokes we had when all we knew was there'd be a Goku Black, that's the same level playing field Sean was at.

The only direction he probably got was "Evil Goku" so he just went with always angry i'd bet.

Oh I'm sure that is the case, wasn't taking shots at Sean at all.

Just hoping they've given him some better direction for when the dub gets to Goku Black.

Heck, he's probably watched the JP release himself by now.

Erigu

The japanese terms for all those creations is "Artificial humans", not "androids". It makes much more sense.
It's the same thing, really. Even originally, the term "jinzō ningen" was coined as a Japanese word for "robot", and since it literally specifies it's "human" in shape...

It's the overall term picked by Doctor Gero, who would consider them all his creations, mere objects. One of the main components for a couple of those is "human body"? Details!
That works well enough. No need to make shit up about the meaning of "jinzō ningen".

Was finally able to get into this, and be up to date.

I think most of my feelings have been expressed​by others, but damn is the power creep kinda annoying. SSB kinda feels like a joke now. Hopefully they are able to self correct.

Was finally able to get into this, and be up to date.

I think most of my feelings have been expressed​by others, but damn is the power creep kinda annoying. SSB kinda feels like a joke now. Hopefully they are able to self correct.
It was a joke when vegeta could do it without the ritual let it go ppl

ElFly

It was a joke when vegeta could do it without the ritual let it go ppl

I feel we all overlooked this by now, and by the time the tourney ends, we'll be overlooking 17 and Roshi being SSB level

Jesus, really?

Would the destruction of most of the planet not made its way to 17? I'm sure the poachers were aware. He should have asked them.

maybe the poachers went all in for a last super hunt and 17 had his hands full

after all that other guy decided to hunt people in the end

People got pissed precisely because he was shit after 17 years and reached SSB within 4seconds because Zamasu said mean things to him.

But when his mom got killed in front of him, fuck it, not rage inducing enough.

Yeah because realizing your decisions lead to the death of all intellegent life in all 12 galaxies is way way way worse than seeing another loved one die. Trunks has seen tons of people die but it was the realizatiob that all of those people's deaths including his mom's were caused by his decision to go back & change history that pushed him over the edge.

Karsha

Is there any chance that the next DB game isn't Xenoverse 3? I kinda miss the Budokai/Tenkaichis, Xenoverse gets boring after a while and I'd like to see all the new super characters with some cool ultimates/flash moves for once.

Maxim726X

I feel we all overlooked this by now, and by the time the tourney ends, we'll be overlooking 17 and Roshi being SSB level

maybe the poachers went all in for a last super hunt and 17 had his hands full

after all that other guy decided to hunt people in the end

Gotta protect that fuckin Minotaur, man. Priorities.

Who cares if the planet explodes? Not Nature Boy, that's for certain. WHOOOOOO.

Funimation generally does a great job voice casting for the dub, but zamasus voice is so good, I'm not sure if anyone else could ever match it lol

OldMan

Banned
17's return is a pretty big deal for me.

tumblr_ooikn6VJOI1w3p557o1_540.gif

He's alright, the non-cannon match he had with SSJ4 Goku in GT was waaaay better.

Slaythe

if 17 says 'yeah, aliens of this power level come to fight me every couple of months' I'd be ok with it

Except it wouldn't make sense since Kaioshin doesn't know about them apparently or didn't consider they had any sort of relevant power.

Imma gonna need the receipts

That's basic knowledge that I'm sure you've experienced in your life though.

Anything that works with waves can be disrupted. Whether it's remote control, radio, phone, etc... depending on where you are (tunnels, caves, altitude, depth...) or inside what (metal cases, aluminium), energy sources can affect them too.(electromagnetism among other things)

given that 17 had no trouble getting the Kaioh transmission, it is a stretch to say that Babidi could not get to him

Hey maybe it's because went 17 went to check the earth after being revived, he flew until he found people to make sure he wasn't alone.

Genkitama04.gif

;o

Not but seriously, it's because... (see below)

and before you say that Kaioh is a god, remember that Babidi's father was taming Buu and killing gods since long ago

Kaioh states this is his specialty, and that he could connect Vegeta to the entire universe if he wants.
So you can say whatever you want, you have no idea if Babidi has such powers. Or at least to that extent. This is pure speculation. His black magic prowess don't mean he's more proficient in this area than Kaioh.

On top of that, Kaioh knows 18 and 17, so it could also factor. Maybe they have their own frequence, like you wouldn't target "dogs" or "cats", yet if you send a wave towards a human that's next to them, they'd also be affected.

He's alright, the non-cannon match he had with SSJ4 Goku in GT was waaaay better.

latest

9QAMzkP.gif

No.

ElFly

I meant receipts that Babidi's telepathy was by brain waves and also that those are actually stopped by something like a cave

Except it wouldn't make sense since Kaioshin doesn't know about them apparently or didn't consider they had any sort of relevant power.

kaiohshin is bad at his job

like...epic bad

On top of that, Kaioh knows 18 and 17, so it could also factor. Maybe they have their own frequence, like you wouldn't target "dogs" or "cats", yet if you send a wave towards a human that's next to them, they'd also be affected.

18 can get the babidi telepathy!

Slaythe

I meant that Babidi's telepathy was by brain waves and also that those are actually stopped by something like a cave

It's speculation.

But it would explain why 17 hadn't seen nor heard Goku in years. (the only fact we have from the manga)

I meant that Babidi's telepathy was by brain waves and also that those are actually stopped by something like a cave

like...epic bad

18 can get the babidi telepathy!

Because he sent waves to krilin and the 10 other humans right next to her.

like...epic bad!

Got me there.

ElFly

It's speculation.

But it would explain why 17 hadn't seen nor heard Goku in years. (the only fact we have from the manga)

that whole thing is sketchy cause he first had to have heard Vegeta, whom he actually met, but decided to ignore him

17 reasoning: Vegeta? ah that weakling. it's safe to ignore him

Goku??? that guy we had to kill whom we never met? oh yeah he is totes reliable

Because he sent waves to krilin and the 10 other humans right next to her.

and he also sent waves to people in the tenkaichi budokai?

Slaythe

that whole thing is sketchy cause he first had to have heard Vegeta, whom he actually met, but decided to ignore him

17 reasoning: Vegeta? ah that weakling. it's safe to ignore him

Would you trust Vegeta ?

From all he knows, Vegeta was trying to raise energy to make Buu even stronger, just like he made Cell stronger :p . (and you know, Vegeta did cause Buu to get revived........... Never trust Vegeta)

and he also sent waves to people in the tenkaichi budokai?

Why not ? He sent waves wherever there were people he felt. 18 was surrounded by people he targeted.

L Thammy

I mean, if some old dude kidnapped me to kill some guy I've never met and then sealed me away because he thought I couldn't be controlled, I don't think I'd share his opinions of other people.

The reason why people aren't buying it is because the idea of Goku holding back against Krillin in Blue when he's already stronger (or was believed to to be stronger) than Krillin in Base form is hilarious.

It would literally imply that SSB Goku is suppressing his power level below that of his base form in order for Krillen to compete.

ZoJEr7T.png

This is becoming a meme, excellent. It deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom