• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Except it wouldn't make sense since Kaioshin doesn't know about them apparently or didn't consider they had any sort of relevant power.

That's basic knowledge that I'm sure you've experienced in your life though.

Anything that works with waves can be disrupted. Whether it's remote control, radio, phone, etc... depending on where you are (tunnels, caves, altitude, depth...) or inside what (metal cases, aluminium), energy sources can affect them too.(electromagnetism among other things)

Hey maybe it's because went 17 went to check the earth after being revived, he flew until he found people to make sure he wasn't alone.

Genkitama04.gif

;o

Not but seriously, it's because... (see below)

Kaioh states this is his specialty, and that he could connect Vegeta to the entire universe if he wants.
So you can say whatever you want, you have no idea if Babidi has such powers. Or at least to that extent. This is pure speculation. His black magic prowess don't mean he's more proficient in this area than Kaioh.

On top of that, Kaioh knows 18 and 17, so it could also factor. Maybe they have their own frequence, like you wouldn't target "dogs" or "cats", yet if you send a wave towards a human that's next to them, they'd also be affected.

latest

9QAMzkP.gif

No.

He's the one true, original SUPA 17-UGH!!! So yeah, the GT fight was better based on that alone

Fj0823

Guys remember that time Goku trained off-screen and got stronger than Gohan?

Such bullshit

Or that time the 5 year-old went super saiyan by training with his mom?

Total bullshit amirite guys?

Or the time Trunks really angry and caught up to Goku and Vegeta?

Or the time Piccolo absorbed a dude who was one-shotted and became on par with 2nd form Frieza?

Or that time Goku spent a week transformed into Super Saiyan and didn't murder everyone just by touching them? Almost as if he has some form of self control over his strength!

Or...

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Such bullshit

Or the time Piccolo absorbed a dude who was one-shotted and became on par with 2nd form Frieza?

Or that time Goku spent a week transformed into Super Saiyan and didn't murder everyone just by touching them? Almost as if he has some form of self control over his strength!

Or...

Or dat one time Gohan Stood for 24hrs, while some old geezer danced round him, and got stronger than almost everyone in that one arc

Such bullshit

Or...
Or the time two lil fused boys achieved a form goku said took him a lifetime to achieve by observing and practicing it for a year

Or the time vegeta became stronger than goku because his wife got slapped

Or the time..

Yea stop it guys 17 was fighting blow for blow with a pre perfect cell piccolo and now he can handle SSB so I blink an eye? Not one bit

With how the series is set up I wouldn't be surprised if the clown(chio something) got a powerboost

Slaythe

Or the time two lil fused boys achieved a form goku said took him a lifetime to achieve by observing and practicing it for a year

Or the time vegeta became stronger than goku because his wife got slapped

Or the time..

Yea stop it guys 17 was fighting blow for blow with a pre perfect cell piccolo and now he can handle SSB so I blink an eye? Not one bit

With how the series is set up I wouldn't be surprised if the clown(chio something) got a powerboost

Feels like people have been conditioned for accepting bullshit powerups from saiyans and nothing else.

Feels like people have been conditioned for accepting bullshit powerups from saiyans and nothing else.
To be honest it's not the fans fault at all it's how the series was set up. This wall was going to be hit eventually if they decided to actually start using the characters more. They created a gap far to large where it looks silly even if we say they're holding back.

HardRojo

To be honest it's not the fans fault at all it's how the series was set up. This wall was going to be hit eventually if they decided to actually start using the characters more. They created a gap far to large where it looks silly even if we say they're holding back.

Yeah, sadly this was going to happen eventually, but I still feel there are much more better ways to do it, I mean, we would be having this huge discussion had they found a more convincing manner to tell a similar story.

Yeah, sadly this was going to happen eventually, but I still feel there are much more better ways to do it, I mean, we would be having this huge discussion had they found a more convincing manner to tell a similar story.

Toriyama wrote himself into a bit of a corner with the god forms. I don't mind the way they're doing it, but I also wouldn't mind to see a bit of what 17 does to train.

NeonZ

Toriyama wrote himself into a bit of a corner with the god forms. I don't mind the way they're doing it, but I also wouldn't mind to see a bit of what 17 does to train.

The god training would have been a good way to normalize everything though. I don't think we'd get nearly as many complaints if we had gotten Whis training everyone for this tournament and it was after that training that we got the current portrayal of everyone's powers closer together.

I just get the impression that Toei's writers don't really see power consistency as something important, especially when you look at other franchises entirely owned by Toei.

I do mind it in the sense that it's incredibly easy to write a scenario to quickly power up characters, there's no shortage of plot devices in DB you can use to do that instead of going for vague normal(i guess the core is unsatisfying)"training" to close the largest gap that's ever existed in DB.

it is what is now, but it's like come on it was so easy to avoid this and make almost everyone happy, instead there's gonna be the constant power level angst from parts of the fanbase.

L Thammy

Technically, didn't he only come up with one? Don't forget that he didn't write Battle of Gods from scratch; the Super Saiyan God and Virus Beerus were already present in the original version.

But yeah, it's probably the main source of problems. I'd like to think that Super Saiyan Blue being on the level of Super Saiyan God rather than another power increase helps alleviate that a tad, but I suppose it still isn't clear.

Slaythe

The god training would have been a good way to normalize everything though. I don't think we'd get nearly as many complaints if we had gotten Whis training everyone for this tournament and it was after that training that we got the current portrayal of everyone's powers closer together.

I just get the impression that Toei's writers don't really see power consistency as something important, especially when you look at other franchises entirely owned by Toei.

But I think they're precisely trying to undermine the god garbage.

Buu and Gohan's current portrayal (before their new buffs even) really felt like trying to legitimate Z levels again despite being 452415254519656548 billion times inferior supposedly. (and let's not mention the Tagoma debacle)

This is not a coincidence when literally nobody else has had god ki. Trunks, Hit, Frieza, 17, Jiren, Brola, none of them have god ki yet they're among the strongest.

It's becoming so pointless it might as well not exist TBH. It brings virtually nothing. It's basically a prettier Super Saiyan 3 at this point.

I wonder why they skirted around showing 17's family, has Toriyama not designed them yet?

The low blow was animating 17 showing the picture. Like... Just pretend he doesn't have a phone or something.

But yeah for his defense this arc needed 100 new characters. So characters you'll see twice at most through the arc were probably not a priority. He'll make them for the final episodes I'm sure.

Hero

youre ok with the rest of the series though

No, I've commented before in previous threads how ridiculous it was that Gohan is a total bitch because of "lack of training" and that Frieza trained for 4 months and achieved Golden Freiza form or how dumb it was that Trunks' performance due to ANGER in the Goku Black saga, this is just the next one. It's dumb, I still enjoy the show, just commenting. Some of you take this shit personally.

Ash735

Let's just pretend that Old Kai sneezed on the Ultra Divine Water and the ghost of Guru forced pushed it off the Lookout when he visited Dende for whatever reason, and that was absorbed into the Earths Clouds when Goku wasn't around (hence Mr. Popo's comments) and that the rainfall landed on the island where 17 was. Bonus points, it's the same rain that poured down during the sparring match with Krillin. Piccolo also drank some (Namekians need water) and Tien bathed in it. Master Roshi absorbed it through his herbs.

There, solved, everyone is up to par.

Or dat one time Gohan Stood for 24hrs, while some old geezer danced round him, and got stronger than almost everyone in that one arc
LOL

Yeah I'm convinced the writing is bad and people are trying to rationalize an android 17 power boost when in reality Toriyama said "f it" because he doesn't care about logic or reason. The show is all about transformations and bullshit power ups to serve the plot.

Hero

LOL

Yeah I'm convinced the writing is bad and people are trying to rationalize an android 17 power boost when in reality Toriyama said "f it" because he doesn't care about logic or reason. The show is all about transformations and bullshit power ups to serve the plot.

That's pretty much what I've been saying. To be fair, Z had this stupidity too, I just feel like Super takes it to the next level.

I call it BEYOND PLOT POWER UP.

Skeeter49

17 being this strong can make sense. People are treating this like Krillin being on par with SSB, or Tien being on par with SSB, when this is nothing like that.

17 being on SSJ levels was bullshit in Z, when Gero's specs for Goku's power was his Saiyan arc power level. That's not even a little stronger, that is bullshit after bullshit after bullshit zenkai boost, plus a transformation levels of stronger. Why create androids that much stronger and how do you create androids that stronger. We went from 40,000 to however many million Frieza's final form was. We have bullshit androids, that was a problem in Z, they exist, I'm fine with them in Super, and it makes more sense than in Z.

Fuck it, going back to hating Goten with a passion. People want to hate using common sense, continue to hate using it.

17 being this strong can make sense. People are treating this like Krillin being on par with SSB, or Tien being on par with SSB, when this is nothing like that.

Fuck it, going back to hating Goten with a passion. People want to hate using common sense, continue to hate using it.
I'm starting to hate goten with a passion

We're almost to EoZ, then Goten can have a clean slate to grow.
After being beat by Pan, while Goten is SSJ.
I shouldn't have to wait that long dammit lol. Toriyama stop being lazy! You did an excellent job showing gohan grow he didn't stay stagnant when he aged

1280733826267017576.jpg

Images don't do it justice but f course he grew alil, got more toned. It's frustrating. The work for trunks is even done already

Skeeter49

So I'm assuming in the eventual campaign for DLC Pack 4, or what I'm hoping happens, is Bojack invading the Future Timeline when Goku Black and Zamasu are there.

One thing they could do is make it Future Bojack. If it's not connected like that I'd be disappointed.
Idea.
Future Trunks fights Future Bojack who awakens Future Buu, so we fight Future Zamasu and Future Buu, then we have the Zamasu/ Black stuff.

The low blow was animating 17 showing the picture. Like... Just pretend he doesn't have a phone or something.

But yeah for his defense this arc needed 100 new characters. So characters you'll see twice at most through the arc were probably not a priority. He'll make them for the final episodes I'm sure.
We're totally getting a Spin off featuring 17's son as the main character. Just you wait.

ElFly

Nen pretty much is a better version of the Dragon Ball Chi/Ki system lol. It would solve a lot of this series' issues.

MEANWHILE IN DRAGON BALL SUPER

Goku: Krillin is an experienced fighter who knows tons of special techniques, Gohan!

Krillin: *uses Kienzan and Taiyoken just like he did 20 years ago*

Skeeter49

Dayum Blackleg! Never thought I would hear those words from you.

We broke him, it was a group effort, but we somehow found a way. If Super can be proud of one thing, it's that.

MEANWHILE IN DRAGON BALL SUPER

Goku: Krillin is an experienced fighter who knows tons of special techniques, Gohan!

Krillin: *uses Kienzan and Taiyoken just like he did 20 years ago*
Krillin did say he has other stuff, but I'm assuming Goku hasn't kept in contact with him since getting the herb for Roshi, so Goku has no way of knowing if he has new techniques.

Maxim726X

This is where I'm at... Yeah, there is a lot of bullshit in this series, but there is usually some underlying order to it all.

Right now, apparently all bets are off. If you follow the idea that SSB is an exponential buff on top of SSJ3... And that humans have been joke tier since the Cell saga, it just gets harder and harder to swallow.

LOL

Yeah, this. It is entertaining to read people try to reason some of this shit out though, to be fair.

Magwik

Banned
I shouldn't have to wait that long dammit lol. Toriyama stop being lazy! You did an excellent job showing gohan grow he didn't stay stagnant when he aged

1280733826267017576.jpg

Images don't do it justice but f course he grew alil, got more toned. It's frustrating. The work for trunks is even done already
Full image is worth it for Piccolo never changing
5ea8f608e5d9389e30e9d07c466d2888.jpg

Skeeter49

Goten's channeling his inner Piccolo.
It's clear Piccolo is selecting Goten to be the next guardian, and as guardian of earth he can't age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom