• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
88 and 90 are probably the best "serious" Gohan episodes in Super. Also, his fight in the exhibition tournament was cool too. However, I'd catch up and watch the current tournament saga because he's getting a lot of hype during the whole saga and expected by many to get major shine.

RocknRola

Some Krillin love (since 18 isn't giving him any :v)

20156173_1600709336608315_3579714731615974338_n.jpg

Also, 100% on point:

Ingeniero

Caulifla is the best new character introduced in this arc. Everything about her is great and is fantastic to watch, there is no way DB will kill off her. Not with all her development. Same for the other universes.
Totally agree my man.

DBS new characters are great, since the introduction of Beerus, all the new guys and girls have provided awesome screen time.
This change was much needed since most DBZ characters were so boring and with 0 progression...
Cabbe/Caulifla are so much better in personality than gohan or goten for example, its not even close, also Caulifla and Beerus VAs are so great...

Caulifla is here to stay, even if she is eliminated from the tourney shes definitely becoming a Z team player.

All the other DBZ trash characters can be erased.

This is the saiyans show, it always has been.

Ixion

I'm re-watching the Piccolo Jr tournament arc from Dragon Ball. Such a great arc. I love how the usual world tournament plays out like normal, but there's so many high-stakes sub-plots and intense rivalries going on within the tournament that add tension and danger (and romance). It also moves pretty fast. Really well-written.

Slaythe

Losing in thetournament!= being killed off permanently

Or do you seriously believe we're not going to see U6 again after the tournament?

I'm pretty sure she will get a couple of filler episodes and that's it. Just like Cabba amounted to nothing.

We're getting a timeskip soon. Pan Bra Marron will be the new girls in the team, certainly not Caulifla.

I wish the goku vs kale fight left goku winded a bit more, he tanked it all without much of a penalty. The lack of cuts and blood in super really shows here.

longdi

Banned
I wish the goku vs kale fight left goku winded a bit more, he tanked it all without much of a penalty. The lack of cuts and blood in super really shows here.

The only time super got bloods and cuts was in the zamasu arc. Even then, goku vegeta trunks would one moment be defeated and dying, and seconds later back to fighting strength. Without senzu, without dende.

I hope this TOP arc makes a better representation of stamina and power levels.

I-hate-u

Cause her beat-down wasn't strong enough to get him winded?

Goku tanked shots from Beerus in a lesser form. Really the only ones that can get him winded on the ring are Vegeta, Freeza, Hit, Toppo, Jiren, and Hit.

I agree, she's clearly universe's 6's version of Goku, that's why she progresses so quickly.

He never progressed quickly though. Gohan went from base -> SSJ -> SSJ2 in a year in ROSAT, Goku just perfected SSJ in that time frame..

Caulifla is the best new character introduced in this arc. Everything about her is great and is fantastic to watch, there is no way DB will kill off her. Not with all her development. Same for the other universes.

I agree, she's clearly universe's 6's version of Goku, that's why she progresses so quickly.

Rutger

Banned
I'm pretty sure she will get a couple of filler episodes and that's it. Just like Cabba amounted to nothing.

We're getting a timeskip soon. Pan Bra Marron will be the new girls in the team, certainly not Caulifla.

It's not like Cabba had a chance to do anything more. Only one arc in-between his introduction and now, and there was no reason for U6 overlap during it.

They can't even leave Frieza alone, I really doubt they're going to ignore new Saiyans.

ElFly

I'm re-watching the Piccolo Jr tournament arc from Dragon Ball. Such a great arc. I love how the usual world tournament plays out like normal, but there's so many high-stakes sub-plots and intense rivalries going on within the tournament that add tension and danger (and romance). It also moves pretty fast. Really well-written.

it's p funny that it has a few moments that bulma spends being thirsty at goku, only for chichi to steal him before she can react

Cimarron

The lore around SS has been broken since Goten and Trunks to be honest.

But I think the core logic of the entire shebang is that *discovering* the form is difficult, but teaching the form is far less so.

Then again the logic might just be that it doesn't matter all that much. U7 is scrub tier thanks to Buu and Freeza. U6 is far stronger so SS is an easier transformation for its Oozaru-less Saiyans.

This! I think about it like literacy. Discovering writing is very difficult but just about anyone can learn how to read and write.

Slaythe

It's not like Cabba had a chance to do anything more. Only one arc in-between his introduction and now, and there was no reason for U6 overlap during it.

They can't even leave Frieza alone, I really doubt they're going to ignore new Saiyans.

Lol nah dude. The most iconic villain in shonen history = / = the new saiyans

Also I don't really care about excuses for Cabba. There was around 80 episodes after his introduction, including "filler episodes" that are not really filler but world building, like Hit got, and Cabba got jack shit.

They're irelevant and only born out of desire to "have more saiyans and girl saiyans " for the sake of it.

I don't see them ever mattering after the time skip.

Morlas

Also I don't really care about excuses for Cabba. There was around 80 episodes after his introduction, including "filler episodes" that are not really filler but world building, like Hit got, and Cabba got jack shit.

They're irelevant and only born out of desire to "have more saiyans and girl saiyans " for the sake of it.

Just like 17 never mattered after the Cell saga...oh wait

Mark1

Pretty much, she's the type of character to not take shit from anyone with that typical saiyan lust for power. But without Goku's more apparent level of stupidity in Super. Watching the lead Saiyans from each universe spar and have a great time. Enjoyed that.

Her interactions with Cabba also crack me up - loud, but not annoying. The care and concern for Kale as an older sister/friend is also cute to watch.

Her methods to intimate enemies is obvious, but not serious enough to be scared, just makes Caulifla funny.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Losing in thetournament!= being killed off permanently

Or do you seriously believe we're not going to see U6 again after the tournament?
Toriyama has already shown that he isn't afraid to show a bad end, he already deleted future trunks' timeline which is a really the original dragon ball timeline

RocknRola

I can't stand another arc with these 2 looking like this

maxresdefault.jpg

It's time they puberty.

End of Z is in 4 years from the time Pan is born. They are supposed to like this in 4 years!!!!

tumblr_npn8iteqMv1qgh5gxo3_500.gif

They'll pull a Goku and grow like crazy in the next time skip.....hopefully :p It feels like both of them actually got shorter compared to Z sometimes.

Eylos

Banned
I think If there's a time Skip, It Will be after the Next Arc, It seems that just after the universal survival Arc, It Will start the next Arc with a great enemy

Slaythe

They'll pull a Goku and grow like crazy in the next time skip.....hopefully :p It feels like both of them actually got shorter compared to Z sometimes.

The problem isn't that they made them shorter. It's that they made Trunks twice taller than Goten.

Check out where their waist are on every full body shot.

Which is atrocious because they turn Trunks into a dwarf when they fuse so that their dance lines up fine.

They were both fine in the Son Goku returns Oav. Smh

RocknRola

The problem isn't that they made them shorter. It's that they made Trunks twice taller than Goten.

Check out where their waist are on every full body shot.

Which is atrocious because they turn Trunks into a dwarf when they fuse so that their dance lines up fine.

They were both fine in the Son Goku returns Oav. Smh

Yeah, they made Trunks quite a bit bigger than Goten (or Goten quite a bit smaller than Trunks). It's weird.

Skeeter49

But think of the Baseball rematch
With Hit, Frieza, 17, Frost, Caulifla, and Kale all added in :(

The more U6 saiyans that have a focus the more reason to focus on U6. With one there was less reason. There's still the development of Vegeta wanting to visit the planet. The buildup episodes that focused on U6 and U11 were generally well received, and Hit's backstory episode was well received. While U2, U4, and U9 weren't pushed as much, people still enjoyed the looks into those universes. That'll push Toei to do more of it.

Rutger

Banned

Frieza has amounted to nothing more than a cash grab in Super. Doesn't really matter how iconic he is when they've done nothing so far to justify bringing him back, he feels tacked on rather than a natural part of the story.

But you're right, Frieza isn't the exact same as the new saiyans, because the new saiyans are bringing new personalities to the table as well as the potential dynamic of Vegeta visiting their homeworld.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Frieza has amounted to nothing more than a cash grab in Super. Doesn't really matter how iconic he is when they've done nothing so far to justify bringing him back, he feels tacked on rather than a natural part of the story.

It's true though.

But you're right, Frieza isn't the exact same as the new saiyans, because the new saiyans are bringing new personalities to the table as well as the potential dynamic of Vegeta visiting their homeworld.

It's true though.

Episodes 94 and 95 justified him in my eyes.

Ah, I guess Toriyama's current art style does makes everyone look younger.

Still not a fan of how Yamammuro translated those designs.

Yamamuro's BoG designs are pretty bad, especially his Goku one.
img01.png

His new designs are much, much better, hopefully he gets the chance to redo the designs for the whole main cast, even if they keep the same outfits.
Luckily they use references from more than just the BoG designs for Goku and Vegeta.

Slaythe

Yamamuro's BoG designs are pretty bad, especially his Goku one.
img01.png

His new designs are much, much better, hopefully he gets the chance to redo the designs for the whole main cast.

Hey put a warning for that shit dude.

I was eating. :/

Almost threw up.

Man why can't Yuya Takahashi replace him T.T ?

9fb9c88537b2a02e9ad181b1e54711d0.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episodes 94 and 95 justified him in my eyes.

We'll see what happens. Right now he's just sort of... there... and none of the things people wanted like tension and interactions with the other cast have largely gone ignored.

And yet he's still better than the convenient generic caulifla and extremely original Broly clone.

To be fair most of the things Super does is for marketing purposes. Some of it is just done better than others.

Skeeter49

And yet he's still better than the convenient generic Caulifla and extremely original Broly clone.

tumblr_or1opoSvwz1r5gpo3o1_500.gif

It's really hard to search for Gif's when character's have names like Kale :( I've learned this from being a fan of 18 :(

We'll see what happens. Right now he's just sort of... there... and none of the things people wanted like tension and interactions with the other cast have largely gone ignored.
I'm actually disappointed he hasn't reacted to the U6 saiyans. Saiyans he's allowed to fight and he does nothing.

94 and 95 feel like naturally extensions of his character, something RoF never felt like. And now he has his eyes set on being higher than Beerus, and maybe even Zeno one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom