• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

VFamJKC.gif

M.D

Its pretty obvious she's getting offed today so Kale can make Broly look even worse.

Spoiler:
We know episode 104 is centered around Kale and Caulifla.
It could be that Caulifla is eliminated by that point or they are both somewhere else entirely but that seems unlikely.

Sony

Nintendo
This has to be an homage

As long as Goku is still stronger lol

Yeah, it's probably a homage. I hope they don't do too many of those as it comes across as lazy.

In Power? Absolutely.

She will even surpass Broly's shitty form.

As a character they're both shit. But at least she can still develop into something that's not Bio-Broly

In power we agree. As a character Broly is far superior to the nothingness that is Kale.

Slaythe

In power we agree. As a character Broly is far superior to the nothingness that is Kale.

His portrayal in all the video games for the past 15 years and movie sequels completely ruined Broly though.

OG Broly was alright, but what he has become ? Even trash Kale is far better at this point.

Because I like it when Goku is the strongest :/

How are you living with the two dozen divinities 14242156
1251651859610859108651865 times stronger than him again ?

The divine have an excuse but a normal human, outside of special circumstances like Uub, doesn't. Hell, I'd imagine that if its not Krillin that the fandom would still erupt.

Anth0ny

Just give me Dragon Ball till the day I die. I don't care if the writing goes downhill. I just love Dragon Ball and love seeing more of it and the series.

This is always how I've felt. When Stan Lee stopped doing Spider-Man, they didn't just kill Spider-Man right there. It continued with new authors writing the characters. Sometimes the runs were great, sometimes they weren't. But you can't just stop producing such a beloved franchise like that.

I think that's the entire point of the Dragon Ball Room. Toriyama is probably there teaching them all of his tricks and nuances, so that hopefully going forward they won't necessarily need Toriyama's input to create a great Dragon Ball story.

Sony

Nintendo
His portrayal in all the video games for the past 15 years and movie sequels completely ruined Broly though.

OG Broly was alright, but what he has become ? Even trash Kale is far better at this point.

Yeah I'm talking about the OG Broly. To a lesser extent 2nd movie Broly and to no extent Bio-Broly. Kale is a different tier of shit though, so far I guess. Her base form is uninteresting shit and her berserker form is laughable.

CryptiK

Yeah I'm talking about the OG Broly. To a lesser extent 2nd movie Broly and to no extent Bio-Broly. Kale is a different tier of shit though, so far I guess. Hey have time to develop her some more.
She is just fucking annoying all she does is cry then she turns into Broly. The whole idea of making the character canon was to give it a better shot.

It's ok because they're gods

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Kale is an introvert and her personality is totally opposite of Caulifla. However she considers Caulifla as her sister/close friend and doesn't want to lose her. She's thrown into a situation she does not want to be in, but she wants to help. She doesn't know much about her unique power and can't control it once she transforms.

If Kale becomes a more confident person as the tournament goes on and can control her power, I'd say she would be an awesome character. Right now, yeah, she's between awful and average as a DB character.

The Kale salt in this thread is hilarious. Makes me feel like I'm the only one who actually likes the character.🤷🏾*♂️

M.D

Kale is an introvert and her personality is totally opposite of Caulifla. However she considers Caulifla as her sister/close friend and doesn't want to lose her. She's thrown into a situation she does not want to be in, but she wants to help. She doesn't know much about her unique power and can't control it once she transforms.

If Kale becomes a more confident person as the tournament goes on and can control her power, I'd say she would be an awesome character. Right now, yeah, she's between awful and average as a DB character.

The time will come

Skeeter49

I think Kale will be a slow build until
, but this episode will set her character in motion for controlling her power and getting that new LSSJ form.

The Kale salt in this thread is hilarious. Makes me feel like I'm the only one who actually likes the character.����*♂️
I think she's a lot better than Broly as a character, which isn't an achievement. If we're talking LSSJ forms, Broly might be a little better, but I never liked based Broly, I like base Kale.
Being better than Broly isn't that hard to do, she's not a great or even good character right now. I think there's enough to make her a great character if they build on her, and it looks like they're doing that.

The time will come
Looking at this image after watching 100, ribrianne, kale and Jiren are definitely meant to be the strongest new fighters in this tournament

I was hesitant about it before... But now I am sure that ribrianne will be blue+ level

Sorry Vegeta :(

M.D

I'm honestly sad Broly didn't become canon.

As much as I like Kale and think she can grow to something really cool, and as much as she is an homage to Broly, she's still not him.

The reason I always liked Broly (talking mostly about the first movie) is he fights differently to everyone in Dragon Ball. He's so freaking big and powerful literally nothing phases him. He takes all the punches and kicks and a Kamehameha to the face and laughs it off, then he dominates his opponents fighting almost like a wrestler. None of that martial arts nonsense.
And they did a good job of imitating that with Kale, but the one thing she lacks is she's not the psychopath Broly was.
Broly was merciless on another level, he enjoyed beating the shit out of everyone and laughed while doing so, while Kale only displayed more confidence when she fought Cabba for the first time, and I'm not sure what kind of personality she'll have when she gets that second form.

Daingurse

I think Kale will be a slow build until
, but this episode will set her character in motion for controlling her power and getting that new LSSJ form.

I think she's a lot better than Broly as a character, which isn't an achievement. If we're talking LSSJ forms, Broly might be a little better, but I never liked based Broly, I like base Kale.
Being better than Broly isn't that hard to do, she's not a great or even good character right now. I think there's enough to make her a great character if they build on her, and it looks like they're doing that.

You like base Kale? I honestly can't stand that side of her. She's way too meek. I prefer the brainless "SON-GOKU!!!" Broly Kale lol.

I'm hoping to see the Kale that was in those magazine scans soon. She looks pretty badass, and appears to be in control of the Berserker form.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The time will come

Yes it will!

I'm honestly sad Broly didn't become canon.

As much as I like Kale and think she can grow to something really cool, and as much as she is an homage to Broly, she's still not him.

The reason I always liked Broly (talking mostly about the first movie) is he fights differently to everyone in Dragon Ball. He's so freaking big and powerful literally nothing phases him. He takes all the punches and kicks and a Kamehameha to the face and laughs it off, then he dominates his opponents fighting almost like a wrestler. None of that martial arts nonsense.
And they did a good job of imitating that with Kale, but the one thing she lacks is she's not the psychopath Broly was.
Broly was merciless on another level, he enjoyed beating the shit out of everyone and laughed while doing so, while Kale only displayed more confidence when she fought Cabba for the first time, and I'm not sure what kind of personality she'll have when she gets that second form.

Broly didn't have a normal mode other than the mind control stuff so he's was only good for a movie or so. Like how are you even going to fit him in when he is insane just wants to fuck everything up? Broly as a character only existed to get completely destroyed in the end.

Daingurse

Looking at this image after watching 100, ribrianne, kale and Jiren are definitely meant to be the strongest new fighters in this tournament

I was hesitant about it before... But now I am sure that ribrianne will be blue+ level

Sorry Vegeta :(

Ribrianne is gonna be in the final 4. I can feel it. She's gonna be an immense threat.

TreIII

Ribrianne is gonna be in the final 4. I can feel it. She's gonna be an immense threat.

And I, for one, am definitely hoping for that, too.

I mean, all the best for those who are happy for the U6 Saiyans, but I'm glad Dragon Ball multimedia has started building up more unique female fighters to the tune of 18, Towa and Ribrianne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom