• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode's first half sucked but set up for an amazing second half. It just makes me sad because it basically means 17 is probably out really soon.

This episode's first half sucked but set up for an amazing second half. It just makes me sad because it basically means 17 is probably out really soon.

He's had some great moments, though. Feels right.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Ribrianne won't be taking Vegeta out though, as heavily rumored.

NeonZ

Either Toriyama didn't plan ahead or he's here to be straight man in the future episodes for the Saiyans
I'm pretty sure Toriyama didn't plan ahead, like usual. Although I still don't understand why even bother introducing a Saiyan who was immediately completely irrelevant power-wise. People don't like Saiyans because they're Saiyans, they like Saiyans because they're the strongest fighters in the show with flashy transformations.

And I fear his lack of popularity there is the reason he might be shafted here. but if that really happens then he never had a chance to be popular in the first place.

Skii

This episode was pretty good. Thought it would be focused on Vegeta but it was all about 17. The android's lack of emotions over the whole situation is pretty refreshing considering how giddy Goku is and how serious the rest of the z-fighters are.

NEP is gonna be one of the best episodes of this arc, guaranteed.

Look at the size of those arms :O

sakyot

Wow, the NEP, The guy talking is Gohan and not Goku...(As usual)
Please make this a thing already.

Why is piccolo looking at gohan like that? What happened? From my perspective, Gohan's Kamehame eliminated the guy, but why is gohan just standing there? Having second thoughs??

Tamanon

Banned

Why is piccolo looking at gohan like that? What happened? From my perspective, Gohan's Kamehame eliminated the guy, but why is gohan just standing there? Having second thoughs??

I was thinking it might be a psychic attack where he's fighting in his mind.

Laiza

Was fun seeing Beast Girl (I can't be arsed to memorize that name) moving around like that, and that's one of the very, very few times in DBS where they're actively trying to show two fighters fighting with the speed we saw fighters moving at in DBZ (seriously, why is this so rare?).

That being said, her being knocked out so easily by 17 is seriously disappointing and I am really getting tired of how much they're playing up U7. It's really draining the entire show of its tension.

Makes me wish they had the gall to throw out a majority of U7 right at the start just to fuck with peoples' expectations and actually sell the stakes. But nah, gotta make the protagonists look good at all times, even if it's at the cost of all the dramatic stakes looking pointless.
Yeeaeah, it's gonna be a U6/7 show and Jiren.

I don't understand how U7 has such a low power level and it was a mistake to exclude the other strong >7 power level Universes.
It was mortal level, not power level. Two different things.

Either way... yeah, they haven't really been handling the relative power levels very well at all. Too many easy wins for U6 and U7, it really cheapens the whole thing.

Galang

Banned
17 was awesome this episode, didn't expect all the focus on him! Next episode looks even better! They've been on a roll the past few weeks !!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Spoilers for 104:
New spoilers leaked today say he eliminates Universe 10 and it's annihilated.

Probably because he was having second thoughts about finishing off a universe but ended up doing it which shocked Big Green.

I get that impression just because of the huge ground being destroyed by Gohan and him just standing there.

Everybody thought Vegeta was about to job to that thing only to see that 17 might have to slide into that seat. He had a pretty good showing though. Definitely the episode of the tournament thus far.

Skii

Was fun seeing Beast Girl (I can't be arsed to memorize that name) moving around like that, and that's one of the very, very few times in DBS where they're actively trying to show two fighters fighting with the speed we saw fighters moving at in DBZ (seriously, why is this so rare?).

That being said, her being knocked out so easily by 17 is seriously disappointing and I am really getting tired of how much they're playing up U7. It's really draining the entire show of its tension.

Makes me wish they had the gall to throw out a majority of U7 right at the start just to fuck with peoples' expectations and actually sell the stakes. But nah, gotta make the protagonists look good at all times, even if it's at the cost of all the dramatic stakes looking pointless.

If they did that I'd probably stop watching the show. To constantly sell expectations of other characters being involved in the story only to shun them for Goku at the last possible moment is DBZ/S greatest weakness. This is the first time we truly get to see Krillin and 18 seriously fight since the Cell saga. It's been that long. And to bring old characters back like 17 etc. It would be terrible to throw most of them out at the beginning.

So at what point do we expect Jiren to just mop up most of the U7 fighters? It's pretty clear his strategy is to wait and avoid any major fighting until near the end so he'll be able to fight full power with no real stamina loss while everyone else is tired out

It was mortal level, not power level. Two different things.

Either way... yeah, they haven't really been handling the relative power levels very well at all. Too many easy wins for U6 and U7, it really cheapens the whole thing.

Even if it was power level, it's an average so it could just mean that U7 just has a shitload of weaklings outside the main cast. Which wouldn't really be surprising honestly

Laiza

If they did that I'd probably stop watching the show. To constantly sell expectations of other characters being involved in the story only to shun them for Goku at the last possible moment is DBZ/S greatest weakness. This is the first time we truly get to see Krillin and 18 seriously fight since the Cell saga. It's been that long. And to bring old characters back like 17 etc. It would be terrible to throw most of them out at the beginning.
Well I would've been quite happy to see Goku and Vegeta thrown out so we could actually see a struggle to survive (especially against the real powerhouses of the tournament). Obviously I wouldn't want the characters with the least screen time get passed up entirely, but then, I find it hard to give a shit when so many of the non-U7/U6 characters got the shaft.

I'm genuinely incensed at how they're treating so many of the less-important fighters. It's insulting to my sensibilities at this point.

download.png

Universe 6 is still going strong.

When is Boar guy gonna get his moment to shine?

And one of those Namekians straight up looks like Piccolo.

RocknRola

Wow, that was full Sailor Moon for the transformations haha Amazing!

Also, 17 seems like the only sane person in U7 lol Fun episode, 17 kicked some butt and pulled a cool move by the end. Very nice.

It seems like Gohan is gonna get a bit of love next episode and a possible Hit vs Dyspo tease? Or maybe the preview was just misleading regarding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom