• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
OT8 title suggestions?

o5BahOAg.jpg

Fitting since the Grand Priest basically said as much last week regarding the tournament

Slaythe

OT8 title suggestions?

Kagari and I were talking, and we feel like it might be smarter to have rotating titles depending on what happens in the show, instead of one joke that we have to endure for months / two if we're lucky.

So this week should be about the magical girls / 17, next week about savage Gohan etc...

That was UNREAL, took the words right outa my mouth

I'm watching the magical girl's henshin going "you know its a battle royale, you'd think ONE of the universes would inter- OH MY GOD 17 THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN"

HeroR

This tournament remains me Super Smash Brothers, especially this episode. We got someone getting knocked out by Rollout, think Jigglypuff from Brawl and 17 going straight Great Aether on the flying girl. I keep expecting to hear the narrator from Smash saying 'Player so-so eliminated'.

Huh, guess I'm the odd one out, thought this episode was kinda boring. I really didn't like the first half and while the second half was okay none of the action really grabbed me. At least the art was pretty damn good though out and the storyboard was great.
Also this episode only had 5 animators, so it makes sense that there wasn't really much special going on animation wise. This episode also saw the return of animation supervisor Yoichi Onishi, he supervised some of 43 and 49 and then left to go be a supervisor on Tiger Mask.
I'm excited for next week, there was some nice pieces of Tate art in that NEP, but it's a shame they didn't really show any animated action.

That's some nice Tate art.

I like the magical girl gag and everyone tearing a 17 a new one for interrupting the transformation. Vegeta was also funny and Whis lampshading what emotionless brinks U7 is. But it isn't my favorite episode. It's probably my least favorite in this tournament after Episode 97, although I know what members who would enjoyed it after seeing it.

Skeeter49

Tien has to get taken out by a U6 saiyan, Namekian, or Jiren, I will accept nothing else.

I don't want him fighting them, I want him fighting someone else and Caulifla/ Kale/ Jiren does something similar to what Caulifla did to the Yardrat from U2.

HeroR

Tien has to get taken out by a U6 saiyan, Namekian, or Jiren, I will accept nothing else.

I don't want him fighting them, I want him fighting someone else and Caulifla/ Kale/ Jiren does something similar to what Caulifla did to the Yardrat from U2.

He be wiped before the interrupter even noticed Tien.

Khezu

17 and 18 so far have been the only good thing about this tournament.

Hope Gohan and Piccolo can deliver as well.

Goku and Vegeta are just straight garbage.

Dr. Gero is Russian looking (Cossack specifically)

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| We Sailor Moon Now.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Don't interrupt a lady while she's transforming.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Millions dead

Oh my god honestly I've been meh on recent thread title suggestions which is why I jumped on that other one so fast (which is still good dont get me wrong), but i really like that second one of yours so I gotta go with that. The other one is always relevant so it can still be used later.

longdi

Banned
I like how Gohan calls U10 brutes, for all we know they are just family men like him!

So the elimination order for U7 is Trililin, Tien, Vegeta, Androids, Picolo, Roshi, Freeza. Leaving Goku and Gohan as the saviours?

Im not sure how i take to Vegeta hanging out with Beerus so early.

Skeeter49

I like how Gohan calls U10 brutes, for all we know they are just family men like him!

So the elimination order for U7 is Trililin, Tien, Vegeta, Androids, Picolo, Roshi, Freeza. Leaving Goku and Gohan as the saviours?

Im not sure how i take to Vegeta hanging out with Beerus so early.

If Kien would be kind enough to get koncked out, we could confirmed this.

Why don't U6 Saiyans have tails?
I think U6 Saiyans might all be human/Saiyan hibrids, like Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Pan. It would explain why they are so much stronger than U7 Saiyans, and their lack of tails.

The only other recent canon Saiyan is Vegeta's brother, and he has a tail so there might be an explanation beyond "Toriyama doesn't like tails".

Slaythe

Dr. Gero is Russian looking (Cossack specifically)

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| We Sailor Moon Now.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Don't interrupt a lady while she's transforming.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Millions dead

Gets my vote.

Also this will be my new "keep talking" gif .

giphy.gif

Slaythe

I wonder who will be Vegeta's "boss" now.

I'm assuming it's gonna be

Goku Jiren

Gohan Toppo

17 Brianne

Frieza Kale/Jiren (coop with Goku if needs be)

I'm not sure who's left for Vegeta. Dyspo ?

Durden77

Damn, didn’t expect this to be such a 17 centric episode. That was cool.

I still don't really get what he did at the end though? With the light footing?

Slaythe

Damn, didn’t expect this to be such a 17 centric episode. That was cool.

I still don't really get what he did at the end though? With the light footing?

He created two energy attacks, one to propel him in the air, he landed on the sun (that's why this dark world isn't pitch black), which made Kankusa's fighting style obsolete since she needed the stage to move around, she followed him without realizing what he was doing, he charged up his remaining energy ball, dashed at her with full speed and unleashed the beam attack.

emb

I wonder who will be Vegeta's "boss" now.

I'm assuming it's gonna be

Goku Jiren

Gohan Toppo

17 Brianne

Frieza Kale/Jiren (coop with Goku if needs be)

I'm not sure who's left for Vegeta. Dyspo ?
I get the impression that 17 looked cool this episode so that Brianne can look terrifying in the next week or two when she knocks him out pretty quickly. Then it'll be her vs Vegeta.

I don't expect to see a lot of Frieza until later on. My guess for now is that him + Frost will interrupt the other fights and do something crazy that sidetracks the whole tournament somehow.

17 centric episode therefore I'm ready for him to get knocked out next. Presumably by briaane.

All the reuse of animation is really getting to me too, it's not like any of it was particularly outstanding in the first place...

Dude Vegeta's face!!! I haven't laughed that hard at DB in ages. Geets!

17 going full Robocop was dope, too, of course.

Also, uh... was Rozie's fighting style called "vagina style?" Serious question, cuz I know how Toriyama is with puns and then it was all "maiden" this and "maiden" that. I mean, I know the subs said "yaachaina style" and it's fine if that is the pun it just caught me off guard for a second :p

LotusHD

Banned
Dude Vegeta's face!!! I haven't laughed that hard at DB in ages. Geets!

17 going full Robocop was dope, too, of course.

Also, uh... was Rozie's fighting style called "vagina style?" Serious question, cuz I know how Toriyama is with puns and then it was all "maiden" this and "maiden" that. I mean, I know the subs said "yaachaina style" and it's fine if that is the pun it just caught me off guard for a second :p

So I'm not the only that thought it sounded like that lmao

Durden77

He created two energy attacks, one to propel him in the air, he landed on the sun (that's why this dark world isn't pitch black), which made Kankusa's fighting style obsolete since she needed the stage to move around, she followed him without realizing what he was doing, he charged up his remaining energy ball, dashed at her with full speed and unleashed the beam attack.

So he pretty much stood on the sun? I guess that's why I was confused because I didn't know the world had a sun. Also....how can he stand on the sun and not melt? And what did Beerus mean when he said that's what he was going for with his first attack? If he's talking about when they were transforming how could that be the case?

So he pretty much stood on the sun? I guess that's why I was confused because I didn't know the world had a sun. Also....how can he stand on the sun and not melt? And what did Beerus mean when he said that's what he was going for with his first attack? If he's talking about when they were transforming how could that be the case?

Because it's not a sun and not hot. If it was a sun, given he was close enough to move to it, they'd all have burnt alive immediately, because it would be thousands of degrees everywhere that close to it. Except maybe magetta and he other robots, but they'd probably still have instantly melted.

It's not actually a star it's just like a "hologram" of one, holodeck style where it's solid. There's nothing in that dimension so they just made a facsimile of a star to illuminate the ring.

Slaythe

I told you he created two energy balls.

He threw one to propel himself in the air. That's the first attack. Kakunsa even states that attack won't ever land if they're not busy transforming. Which wasn't his goal at all.

And it's not an *actual* sun.

The sun is visible in every episode, I also hadn't noticed it tbh I had to go back.

Durden77

Because it's not a sun and not hot. If it was a sun, given he was close enough to move to it, they'd all have burnt alive immediately, because it would be thousands of degrees everywhere that close to it. Except maybe magetta and he other robots, but they'd probably still have instantly melted.

It's not actually a star it's just like a "hologram" of one, holodeck style where it's solid. There's nothing in that dimension so they just made a facsimile of a star to illuminate the ring.

Ohhhhh gotcha. So it's pretty much a lightbulb. Did they explain that in an earlier episode? Must have missed it. It was cool as fuck. I still don't get that Beerus line though. Edit : Guess that line was reffering to the first attack he used to propel himself, not the one while they were transforming. That makes sense.

Lovin this shit. Pretty much my only complaint about this arc is them not conveying the battle royale aspect of the tournament enough. It's just kind of a bummer when there's moments where everyone's just standing around not doing anything. There should be shit going on at all times.

But the story beats and characters have been great. Also, U6 has Namekians!! Wtf! U6/U7 HAVE to have some sort of connection at this point.

HardRojo

So apparently they did censor a small thing in the Latam dub: The close up of the girls from the beach Roshi is looking at through the binoculars in Bulma's birthday party.
As long as it's minor stuff like this, I'm fine with it I guess. I hadn't even noticed to be honest.

Eylos

Banned
So apparently they did censor a small thing in the Latam dub: The close up of the girls from the beach Roshi is looking at through the binoculars in Bulma's birthday party.
As long as it's minor stuff like this, I'm fine with it I guess. I hadn't even noticed to be honest.
Yep, Hope they dont censor the violence.

Ugh.

Any censor of any kind is annoying.

Is the English dub censored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom