• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

I just want to see Caulifower and 18 mop the floor with some fools. That's all I'm asking for in this arc.

Why did Goku point out the Yadrats? Yeah they can use instant transmission, but with how fast everyone moves now, that's not even a threat.

Boke1879

I just want to see Caulifower and 18 mop the floor with some fools. That's all I'm asking for in this arc.

Why did Goku point out the Yadrats? Yeah they can use instant transmission, but with how fast everyone moves now, that's not even a threat.

Hmm maybe the only people that can move as fast or faster is Jiren and Hit.

It's also Goku just saying don't underestimate them.

Ingeniero

Probably Yadrats have a very sophisticated IT, maybe time travelling skills.
Goku is a borderline retard and learned basic IT, this Yadrat looks like a genius, he may have a surprise.

L Thammy

Well, why wouldn't he? He's got an inside scoop on one of the fighters, may as well point that out.

On a narrative level, I think that means that we're supposed to pay more attention to the Yadrat than to most of the other fighters.

Boke1879

Well, why wouldn't he? He's got an inside scoop on one of the fighters, may as well point that out.

On a narrative level, I think that means that we're supposed to pay more attention to the Yadrat than to most of the other fighters.

They are secretly going to be one of the strongest fighters simply because of IT

Vice

Didn't he mention that they had tons of great techniques when he told the crew about IT when Trunks arrived?

Boke1879

Can we take a moment to appreciate how good the OST for Super has gotten over years?

https://youtu.be/TljOMoUdIN4

https://youtu.be/8IF_Lx4q1kM

https://youtu.be/TC4dlbU55aA

https://youtu.be/5S_SRXUa4Kc

I miss Goku Black

It's probably one of my favorite arcs of all time. Just everything about it. It was a real threat.

While I'm definitely excited for this Tournament of Power and seeing all the fighters. The Future Trunks/Black arc was just too good to me.

smurfx

get some go again

instant transmission can get around the restriction of flight. if the yadrat starts teleporting people into the void then how are they going to get back to the platform?

angelic

Banned
There are too many possilities with this setup, I find it weird and uncomfortable. Too many great characters who wont get screen time, or wont survive (unless they only end up wiping out universe 9 for being dicks and everyone else lives).

Its like information overload right now.

Boke1879

There are too many possilities with this setup, I find it weird and uncomfortable. Too many great characters who wont get screen time, or wont survive (unless they only end up wiping out universe 9 for being dicks and everyone else lives).

Its like information overload right now.

You know this whole thing about to last like 4 months.

Caulifla getting SS and SS2 was done in a trash way, I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. Frieza and acceptable animation is what's saving this arc right now.

Boke1879

Caulifla getting SS and SS2 was done in a trash way, I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. Frieza and acceptable animation is what's saving this arc right now.

Nah we're hyped for Jiren, female Broly among other things. Frieza is a high point for sure, but there is plenty to be hyped about other than him.

angelic

Banned
You know this whole thing about to last like 4 months.

yeah but I mean its 80 people in a really quite small arena, with insane powers. It literally reminds me of cabin in the woods when everything gets out

tumblr_mxreaoihyc1r1co2ro2_500.gif

The yardrat will be able to imbue all his attacks with IT. Energy Blasts, everything. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with for sure.

So surely Goku feels planet Vegeta's gravity instead of earth's gravity right

That's what I'm thinking and it would be a nice touch for the writers to go there. It would also create and interesting dynamic for Goku.

It doesn't matter. Planet Vegeta is only 10x more gravity than earth. Goku has trained enough on King Kai's planet (which has the same gravity) that it wouldn't make a difference to him. Not to mention the gravity training he did in the namek arc

The gravity increase should have no effect on him whatsoever

Boke1879

yeah but I mean its 80 people in a really quite small arena, with insane powers. It literally reminds me of cabin in the woods when everything gets out

tumblr_mxreaoihyc1r1co2ro2_500.gif

I know what you mean. SO many upsets can happen. I mean we know there will be some fighters that just get ousted early. Going to be very interesting.

I wonder if they're called Yardrat because a rat in a yard would be able to hide well and they created IT.

Also, I really like the inclusion. Opens up a lot of possibilities. Instant Transmission ALL the things.

It doesn't matter. Planet Vegeta is only 10x more gravity than earth. Goku has trained enough on King Kai's planet (which has the same gravity) that it wouldn't make a difference to him. Not to mention the gravity training he did in the namek arc

Yep. Times 10 gravity means nothing now.

Almost forgot this from my post-episode fever, but the stage in this battle is really cool. The arena's definitely up there with the Tenkaichi Budokai as a distinctive location; I feel like it's going to be the most memorable place of any battle in Super so far. The only competition I can think of is Goku and Beeru's fight in the stratosphere.

Additionally, the fact that physics in this place are variable is really cool. It feels way more godly than anything we've seen so far. It even varies depending on whether you're a competitor or not.

The area is just a big spinning top.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if they're called Yardrat because a rat in a yard would be able to hide well and they created IT.

Also, I really like the inclusion. Opens up a lot of possibilities. Instant Transmission ALL the things.

The fact the Yardrat isn't with the universe we thought he'd be with makes me think that maybe they're multiversal nomads or something. That'd be pretty goddamned awesome.

smurfx

get some go again
i want the yardrat to be able to instant teleport people without having to go themselves. like if anybody hits them they get teleported out of the ring and instantly falls in the void and loses. maybe even teleport incoming beam attacks as well.

Boke1879

Can you just imagine how much each fighters is going to learn on the fly during all of this?

im not saying it should have an effect, just saying that's what he should feel

I think you have to work from context here. Caulifla referred to Kale as her prodige; it's not made clear that she's actually her sister. "Oneesan" can also be used to refer to perfect strangers if they're young women, but Kale obviously knows Caulifla, so it's not that. So I'm leaning on it being a term of respect as well.

I was referring more to the "aniki" bit mentioned in previous posts in reference to a gang. And no, Kale and Caulifla aren't related and "O/neesan" is used as you mentioned. However as an extra bit of trivia the word Caulifla uses for Kale as her protegee is "imoutobun/いもうとぶん" which is a double word play meaning both protegee and "someone who one considers as a younger sister".

Logically a low percentage of effect is not the same as no effect. But even more, if its irrelevant why did the show even bring it up? No I say it will make a difference somewhere during this tourney

Skeeter49

Things I must have missed from episode 23 in the sub.

Sparkle Gohan from powering up was him trying to contact Goku intentionally, not fight Frieza.
Frieza new about IT and the Yardrat's.

Lol at Goku just dropping off Piccolo's body and not explaining anything to Dende.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
itt:

Thinking a scene is bad/stupid = you don't get it.

Ok thanks everyone.

No I understood the implication of her "prodigy" ki management levels just fine, I just thought the scene was fucking stupid down to the visual effects of little "SSJ" power bubbles popping up on her shoulder blade, that shit was dumb. Before those 3 we had the implication that super saiyan was a product of being pushed beyond your physical limits and or reaching some sort of breaking point. I just feel like saying "make powah in your back!" is a stupid way of doing it, that's just like.. my opinion man.

I really don't appreciate the insinuation that having a difference of opinion on something means "you don't get it" that's arrogant as hell bro.

Leave trivializing Super Saiyan to me

JCvMizH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom