• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I must have missed from episode 23 in the sub.

Sparkle Gohan from powering up was him trying to contact Goku intentionally, not fight Frieza.
Frieza new about IT and the Yardrat's.

Lol at Goku just dropping off Piccolo's body and not explaining anything to Dende.

But Dende can see what is happening lol.

Leave trivializing Super Saiyan to me

JCvMizH.jpg

I don't get why people keep mentioning Trunks for this. He actually went though extremely tough circumstances to become a SSJ

Skeeter49

The important thing to differentiate Goku's IT and the Yardrat's IT, Goku can't sense ki from another universe, unless he was in that universe, but maybe the Yardrat's can, that would make a big difference in usefulness of IT, and explain how they got to another universe. Presumably if they could lock onto the power, they should be able to go there.

Fj0823

I don't get why people keep mentioning Trunks for this. He actually went though extremely tough circumstances to become a SSJ

Not in the manga.

And it trivialized SS because of how quickly a second SS appeared after we were told what happened in Namek was nothing short of a miracle

brinstar

The important thing to differentiate Goku's IT and the Yardrat's IT, Goku can't sense ki from another universe, unless he was in that universe, but maybe the Yardrat's can, that would make a big difference in usefulness of IT, and explain how they got to another universe. Presumably if they could lock onto the power, they should be able to go there.
I think it was just the U9 boys' ki he couldn't sense. He sure felt the pride troopers when they rolled up

Skeeter49

I think it was just the U9 boys' ki he couldn't sense. He sure felt the pride troopers when they rolled up

I meant if he visited Universe 8, there probably wouldn't be any way for him to IT back to U7. Sensing energy for Goku is probably restricted to the universe he's in.

Not in the manga.

And it trivialized SS because of how quickly a second SS appeared after we were told what happened in Namek was nothing short of a miracle

Doesn't Super canonize how Trunks achieved SSJ anyway?

And no, it hardly trivializes it. Certainly not in a way that's egregious for many people. The main reason that Goku was one of the first to do it in 1000 years (or however long it was) was that he had a tranquil heart, unlike pretty much all of the Saiyans before him. Same deal with Trunks, and the circumstances were actually on that level of emotion and desperation.

And no, it hardly trivializes it. Certainly not in a way that's egregious for many people. The main reason that Goku was one of the first to do it in 1000 years (or however long it was) was that he had a tranquil heart, unlike pretty much all of the Saiyans before him. Same deal with Trunks, and the circumstances were actually on that level of emotion and desperation.
Sure canon to the anime, but it contradicts the manga where Trunks had it before Gohan died.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Even if you were to count the way the anime did it, you don't find this out until the Cell Games started. So up until then you just knew he had it somehow someway

Welp. Never knew that.

Even if you were to count the way the anime did it, you don't find this out until the Cell Games started. So up until then you just knew he had it somehow someway

But at least then you can easily assume he got it from the hardships he went through in his timeline.

I don't think it was really until Vegeta and then way more so Goten & present Trunks that is was trivialized. If anything was trivialized by the point of future Trunks, it was the existence/rareness of pure hearted Saiyans. And then Vegeta threw the importance of needing to be a pure hearted Saiyan to achieve it out the window.

Zubz

Banned
I'm seeing more slurs than I'm used to on GAF in here today. Granted, it's just 1, but it always grinds my gears seeing someone use a word like the "R-Word" that diminishes anyone with a mental health diagnosis regardless of intent, and as an MH professional myself I see it as my duty to discourage this. I hate to drag down the thread after all this multiverse hype, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Back to the ToP...

The fact the Yardrat isn't with the universe we thought he'd be with makes me think that maybe they're multiversal nomads or something. That'd be pretty goddamned awesome.

I was hoping we'd get some bomb-ass Namekian fighter with Univetse 6, but this thread has gotten me increasingly hype over a damn Yardrat fighter. I didn't even think those guys fought; Goku's recounting of them suggested they were pacifists.

Again, I hope no one is erased. The only characters without a reason to return are arc villains, & even then, RoF proved the only characters who absolutely can't come back are Zamasu & 16... And that's presuming Hakai takes precedent over the Dragon Balls or they can't just use a secondary wish to bring 16 back through time (They could even BS a reason for Whis to do it if they try hard enough). But I definitely want to learn more about the Yardrat as a culture now that we have one from Universe 2, somehow.

L Thammy

Maybe Yardrats are pacifistic on the cultural / political level but are perfectly capable of fighting. This guy could have left Yardrat because he doesn't fit in with a pacifist culture. Like leaving Switzerland to join a foreign military.

Eylos

Banned
In Cell games Gohan and vegeta get ssj with training and not anger (maybe vegeta Was angry with Goku being a ssj and not him, but still)

Zubz

Banned
yeah what's with that, no namakian in U6? fraud I say.

Aren't there still unknowns on the U6 team? We have Hit, Frost, the Saiyan Trio, & the 2 guys from the U6 arc; don't they have 3 fighters we haven't seen, then?

Of course, it's entirely possible U6 Namekians are pacifists so it was a safer bet to go with 2 untrained-but-strong Saiyans instead of trying to find a rival for Piccolo.

Eylos

Banned
Aren't there still unknowns on the U6 team? We have Hit, Frost, the Saiyan Trio, & the 2 guys from the U6 arc; don't they have 3 fighters we haven't seen, then?

Of course, it's entirely possible U6 Namekians are pacifists so it was a safer bet to go with 2 untrained-but-strong Saiyans instead of trying to find a rival for Piccolo.
Maybe there's a Neil Double so Piccolo could absorb in the end heheh, must be a Hell in Piccolo mind, lol

Edit: The patriarch has a Guardian That is the Strongest namekian, should be the same maybe

Kyzer

Banned
Have fun paying full price for a year old port without the DLC.

as opposed to the imaginary version that is cheap and includes everything for free? I will im actually really hype for XV2 on Switch. I think you're upset that they're not making the game with you buying it a second time in mind?

I found the actual problem
expectation by fans was it would be included at no additional cost

Yeah lol

Unbounded

Yeah,

Aren't Goku and Vegeta going to get nerfed a bit since they'll be fighting in 10x gravity for the entire tourney while everyone else is going to be fighting in what is essentially earth's gravity.

Kind of hope Tien manages a new transformation whereby his Third Eye opens up yet another, smaller eye within it.

Just go all in on his Eyes and Arms gimmick if that's what it takes---even Roshi is starting strong in the preview.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah,

Aren't Goku and Vegeta going to get nerfed a bit since they'll be fighting in 10x gravity for the entire tourney while everyone else is going to be fighting in what is essentially earth's gravity.

10 times is like nothing to them. 500 times might count as a nerf.

Yeah,

Nope.

Goku trained at 100x gravity before arriving on Namek and Vegeta did 400x gravity on his quest to becoming a SSJ.

Goku and Vegeta don't feel 10x gravity at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom