• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a playthrough of the Black arc in Xenoverse 2.
Trunks' Spirit Sword makes a lot more sense there lol, and I mean A LOT more sense. I like the way they used the rift SSR Black created, actually, the show and game writers should share ideas more often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsuNb4sG_vw

Edit: And it sounds like the English Zamasu voice actor has gotten better, at least I think he sounds better in the last part of the arc.

This was way better than how they executed it in the anime, despite it still being stupid Trunks can pull that move out of his ass.

Somewhat rectified (or at least addressed) two horribly done things I found in the anime - that portal of plot contrived crap and 15 people on earth being able to power up a Spirit Bomb Sword powerful enough to take Fused Zamasu.

Roshi deserves to be above Tien.

Roshi had his day. Goku had his day too, but anyways whens Tien's day? Dude sacrificed himself for the greater good 3 times now, trained his whole life, busts out a technique that shortens his life span whenever it could be helpful.
Tien deserves way more than he gets. He should have got the just cuz Piccolo power up too.

HardRojo

I'm still salty as fuck this won't come with the Switch version.

Wait what? So the Switch version won't have all content, even as DLC?
This was way better than how they executed it in the anime, despite it still being stupid Trunks can pull that move out of his ass.

Somewhat rectified (or at least addressed) two horribly done things I found in the anime - that portal of plot contrived crap and 15 people on earth being able to power up a Spirit Bomb Sword powerful enough to take Fused Zamasu.
Yeah, I was reallly surprised by how much better it was when they connected the rift and Trunks' Spirit Word. The anime should've done that.

Skeeter49

When Black
stops the time machine and kills Trunks
in the Xenoverse 2 DLC, Base Black Goku actually sounds alright. Then they fuck him up a few minutes later. .

HardRojo

When Black
stops the time machine and kills Trunks
in the Xenoverse 2 DLC, Base Black Goku actually sounds alright. Then they fuck him up a few minutes later. .

I swear it actually hurts me to listen to base Black's voice in English. SSR voice is a loooot better.

Yeah, I was reallly surprised by how much better it was when they connected the rift and Trunks' Spirit Word. The anime should've done that.

As fucking DLC, for a fucking year old port.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

HardRojo

And now I'm salty the anime didn't use the rift in the same clever way XV2 used it. It would've been great as Zamasu's own doing would be his undoing.

Skeeter49

You guys can say goodbye to Xenoverse 3 being on the Switch.

Fighters should probably happen eventually regardless of Xeno 2, since I'm sure they want to work with Nintendo on a Fusions 2, so they don't want to completely fuck over the fanbase by not launching the next big DB game on it, and it's a different genre from Xeno 2, so it's not like they can gauge reception of Fighters based on Xeno 2.

Eylos

Banned
Its strange to me, i dont like the us dub even If Its the language i Understand something, I play xenoverse in Japanese

It took a while so i could get used to the japanese VA, i started to watch in japanese only because of super. I guess Its a thing you grow since a kid that you are used to hear,I love my Brazilian dub, you guys probably like the us dub the same way

Trunks and Goku in pt-br, If Anyone wants to hear:

https://youtu.be/pQTtAolSy74

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Its weird they said switch won't have the doc but they have shown switch footage and pics of doc things

Toad.T

Banned
Trunks' Spirit Sword makes a lot more sense there lol, and I mean A LOT more sense. I like the way they used the rift SSR Black created, actually, the show and game writers should share ideas more often.

Edit: And it sounds like the English Zamasu voice actor has gotten better, at least I think he sounds better in the last part of the arc.

Yeah... Zamasu is bleh. He's supposed to, at least at this point, have a vocal quality that seems like he could fly off the rocker at any moment. The VA sounds way too dignified, for lack of a better term.

Merc_

It's still so weird to me that they don't have Goku Black stick with the Rose voice in his normal form. Normal Black just sounds like a gruff Goku instead of Zamasu in Goku's body.

HeroR

Roshi had his day. Goku had his day too, but anyways whens Tien's day? Dude sacrificed himself for the greater good 3 times now, trained his whole life, busts out a technique that shortens his life span whenever it could be helpful.
Tien deserves way more than he gets. He should have got the just cuz Piccolo power up too.

Nobody cares for Tien.

Also, everyone in the show made heroic sacrifices, so Tien isn't special in that regard.

And now I'm salty the anime didn't use the rift in the same clever way XV2 used it. It would've been great as Zamasu's own doing would be his undoing.

The rift in the anime wasn't there long enough to make a different, while Merged Zamasu having a gimped immortality was foreshadowed.

Tsunamo

Glad to see GT is finally canon.

:p

HeroR

Now that I don't get? I mean they made him job, but no Z fighter is new to that. Taking a hit from Roshi really ruin him as a character for you?

For me, there are so many new characters introduced in Super that I honestly don't care for the old cast anymore outside of a few. Unless they do something interesting with them like Future Trunks (who lost his daddy's issues that made me dislike him in the Cell Saga and him doing something besides whining) I can live without seeing Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo, 18, and even Roshi to an extent.

Gohan was in that same boat until they finally addressed his fatal flaw in the Cell and Buu Sagas that some Gohan fans said was my headcanon every time I brought it up. That and him being a mediocre fighter compared to many of the other characters.

Krillin I still like to see despite them doing minor growth to his character because of how hilarious and human he is compared to everyone else.

I recently binged DBZ Abridged. I care for him now.

Abridged has to basically rewrite his character and make people give a crap about him like Cell still holding a grudge. I personally find Abridged Tien annoying in the Android/Cell Saga since it's obvious they're going for 'Tien is the cool human'. Which is why I find pleasure watching Super Tien getting the crap beating out of him by Gohan and pretending it's Abridged Tien.

Abridged has to basically rewrite his character and make people give a crap about him like Cell still holding a grudge. I personally find Abridged Tien annoying in the Android/Cell Saga since it's obvious they're going for 'Tien is the cool human'. Which is why I find pleasure watching Super Tien getting the crap beating out of him by Gohan and pretending it's Abridged Tien.

I was assuming you had some weird hang up on the character, but wow.

HeroR

I was assuming you had some weird hang up on the character, but wow.

I don't have a problem with Tien. I just don't like his Abridged counterpart, just like I don't like Abridged Krillin and I hate Abridged Gohan.

And I like seeing characters get beat up, especially the ones I love. Like I found Goku being tagged by a laser to be hilarious. I am someone who loves watching the characters I love suffer and be humiliated.

LotusHD

Banned

Oh wow, this is a lot better...

Hopeford

I love seeing Trunks give energy to Trunks.

TrueBlue

After watching the most recent episode, I propose a drinking game:

A shot for each time Whis has to restrain Beerus from jumping into the ring and killing one or a combination of Goku/Vegeta/Frieza for being stupid.

Poor guy looked like he was on his last nerve throughout :lol

How come this looks way better than I've ever seen this game look? I always thought this game was ugly, especially compared to DBZF, but thi looks in a way almost just as good?...

Ohh I just saw a comment saying it doesn't always look that good. Shoulda known this was just a cinematic or something.

Zamasu does sound better, not as good as the JP version but a lot better than the garbage I was hearing from him before.

That Spirit Bomb sword scene is better for me just for the sole fact of being paced better. Felt less rushed/sloppy here even without assuming any of that was setup beforehand.

Trace

Banned
After watching the most recent episode, I propose a drinking game:

A shot for each time Whis has to restrain Beerus from jumping into the ring and killing one or a combination of Goku/Vegeta/Frieza for being stupid.

Poor guy looked like he was on his last nerve throughout :lol

I like to think Beerus knows that Zen-Oh would erase him instantly if he interfered so he'll stay out of it.

Tsunamo

Now that I don't get? I mean they made him job, but no Z fighter is new to that. Taking a hit from Roshi really ruin him as a character for you?
It's not actually that. I'm just not a fan of the way he's been portrayed this arc I can't place my finger on it but he just feels different to what I remember, something feels off (about his characterization?) to me.

Might be a combination of Dub Tien and TFS Tien coming into how I remember him though.
Kiko-how you doing
So good.
get ready for this at the tournament bros
While SSJ3 is pretty useless now Caulifa would have a killer SSJ3 design.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Caulifla is such a punk ass punk. I really don't like her. I hope she gets a serving of humble pie.

Kale is a grade A psycho so she can do whatever as long as she had cool energy attacks and a unique form

Frost/Freeza interactions... that's where it's at man

TrueBlue

get ready for this at the tournament bros

I read about 10 pages back regarding the Caulifla SSJ discussion.

I actually hadn't noticed that she'd ascended to SSJ2 in that same episode, heh.

EDIT: Cabba will be the last U6 Saiyan standing. Caulifla will get too cocky and Kale will burn out after transforming. Calling it.

LotusHD

Banned
Caulifla is such a punk ass punk. I really don't like her. I hope she gets a serving of humble pie.

Kale is a grade A psycho so she can do whatever as long as she had cool energy attacks and a unique form

Frost/Freeza interactions... that's where it's at man

We need more punk ass punks these days, lemme tell ya

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We need more punk ass punks these days, lemme tell ya
If I'm being honest, it's an archetype that fits well with the current cast. It's just not my style.

She reminds me of Vegeta if he had never been exiled and wasn't a prince. Haughty, capable, powerful, also a complete selfish jerk.

Less transformations and more unique fighting techniques please.

One of the major downfalls of this series post-DB is that nearly everyone in the cast fights identically with ki beams/bolts with varying levels of intensity and sporadic hand to hand that just leads to the lazy sonic boom in the air fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom