• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Did they ever explain what the mortal level or whatever was? I was thinking it probably has to do with inhabitants in said universe which is why the lower ones are on the chopping block. Get rid of the universes with the least amount of mortals in it. Would explain why the two with the highest amounts would be excluded as they would have the most living beings as well.

Amd if this is the case, I feel folding them all together sounds like a reasonable conclusion and opens up new stories like Vegeta visiting the U6 Saiyan planet like people wanted.
Feels like is just the overall "quality" and how advanced or enlightened the universe is

ElFly

didn't they say the universe were getting deleted as soon as they were eliminated

dunno if there's time for zeno to get second thoughts

it's super dragon balls or nothing

HardRojo

SSJBKK was an evolution of an existing transformation, I'm curious if any new transformation would also be an evolution or if it would be brand new

Also, why didn't Old Kai take Goku to the HBTC to do the ritual if it takes 25 hours? It would only take 5 minutes.

No one knows lol, they could have easily taken Goku and the Elder Kai there, then Buu could have entered till he woke up and it all would've been fine, but... well...

ElFly

if pressed, toriyama will just say that the kai cannot enter the rosat, or that the ritual works in real time, not compressed time or something

as for Buu, I think he sleeps for several months at a time? so maybe there's no time even with ROSAT

caliph95

No one knows lol, they could have easily taken Goku and the Elder Kai there, then Buu could have entered till he woke up and it all would've been fine, but... well...
Real Reason it would have either made it pointless since it wouldn't mean a thing since we still need tension or made them too powerful and steamroll everybody.
Or Toei was lazy

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS?

DDZ-Az0XUAAZSly.jpg

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Did they ever explain what the mortal level or whatever was? I was thinking it probably has to do with inhabitants in said universe which is why the lower ones are on the chopping block. Get rid of the universes with the least amount of mortals in it. Would explain why the two with the highest amounts would be excluded as they would have the most living beings as well.

Amd if this is the case, I feel folding them all together sounds like a reasonable conclusion and opens up new stories like Vegeta visiting the U6 Saiyan planet like people wanted.

Aren't there 4 universes omitted from the tournament and those were represented by the Gods of Destruction who battled last episode and the merrow one who didn't? I think mortal level is probably based on the calamity occurring in a particular universe. High mortal level = low number of villains in said universe.

That would explain why the universes involved in the tournament are there, they are universes although rife with champions in some instances, there are always villains committing some atrocities and new ones popping up to replace them when they are defeated. Beerus allowed Frieza, Cell, Buu and a number of other beings to exist and threaten U7 because he slept on the job and Champa just allowed Frost to overtake planets by engineering conflict on them. If they had done their jobs and erased those aforementioned beings, their respective mortal levels would likely be higher.

The excluded GoD all take their job seriously and stamp out anything or being that would threaten their mortal levels. All the other GoD seem to either concoct machinations or are just too consumed by their power to do their own job.

It isn't extremely limited, he has actual combo options, even if his total pool is smaller. It probably wouldn't be much work to add the one missing combo string.

Vegetto Blue's moveset is different, but worse and the basic light combo does less damage and he has fewer options. It doesn't help that his Spirit Stab is worthless, eating up a super slot.

Nonsense, it is extremely limited, he only has 2 combos, no combo enders, no ultimates, no evasive, not even basic ki blasts. He has a boss moveset, not a player character moveset.

And who cares about vegetto blue's basic string doing less damage, he has much better combo enders and, like I said before, can straight up combo into final kamehameha without a stamina break.
Spirit stab is awesome, because it's super fast, has insane range and is unblockable, it's literally made to be annoying and stop anyone from advancing/blocking.
He also has more ki, more health, and maximum charge instead of full power charge.
He might not be a straight upgrade for those that just press "basic light combos", but with his better enders, comboing into full ultimate, and harassement with spirit stab, he's going to be doing more damage on average if you actually explore those options.

caliph95

Aren't there 4 universes omitted from the tournament and those were represented by the Gods of Destruction who battled last episode and the merrow one who didn't? I think mortal level is probably based on the calamity occurring in a particular universe. High mortal level = low number of villains in said universe.

That would explain why the universes involved in the tournament are there, they are universes although rife with champions in some instances, there are always villains committing some atrocities and new ones popping up to replace them when they are defeated. Beerus allowed Frieza, Cell, Buu and a number of other beings to exist and threaten U7 because he slept on the job and Champa just allowed Frost to overtake planets by engineering conflict on them. If they had done their jobs and erased those aforementioned beings, their respective mortal levels would likely be higher.

The excluded GoD all take their job seriously and stamp out anything or being that would threaten their mortal levels. All the other GoD seem to either concoct machinations or are just too consumed by their power to do their own job.
I wouldn't say it just the number of calamities when Beerus accsued Goku of lowering the level and he retorted that Gohan is increasing it.

But it seems true since the highest of the universes included was 11 and it had Pride Troopers being active and support by their Gods.

HeroR

Game Critics Awards Best of E3 2017:

Best Fighting Game
Dragon Ball FighterZ
(Arc System Works/Bandai Namco Entertainment for PC, PS4, Xbox One)

bachikarn

They should have just said the ROSAT was still broken due to Vegeta in the last arc. Pretty weird that he ends up using it to prepare for the ToP but no one else.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They should have just said the ROSAT was still broken due to Vegeta in the last arc. Pretty weird that he ends up using it to prepare for the ToP but no one else.

Spamming it all the time would be boring though. Vegeta abusing it is also boring.

Yeah Vegeta needs to chill with the RoSaT or he will come out looking like Roshi (internally). He's already got a better means of training in that gravity room

HardRojo

There wasn't enough time for Buu to wake up.
Ah, yeah I believe 2 months would mean 4 hours in the room and I don't really remember how much time they had left when they found out.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS?

DDZ-Az0XUAAZSly.jpg
Lol it's probably not what we all think it is, if someone could read that kanji down below...
It looks cool but it misses the point of what Toriyama does with his designs for some powerful characters.
Whis, on the other hand, looks fiiiine.

Nonsense, it is extremely limited, he only has 2 combos, no combo enders, no ultimates, no evasive, not even basic ki blasts. He has a boss moveset, not a player character moveset.
An ultimate, evasive and Ki blasts are simple additions. I've seen far more than two basic strings from him, he has actual combo options, I've SEEN him string different combos together on me.

And who cares about vegetto blue's basic string doing less damage, he has much better combo enders and, like I said before, can straight up combo into final kamehameha without a stamina break.
His combos don't feel any better than basic Vegetto to me. I'm also trying to use Final Kamehameha after every possible combo and I'm not finding one that has a guaranteed hit. Also it's also not just his basic attack string, he does less damage on his supers as well and that's not counting his lack of a transformation.

Spirit stab is awesome, because it's super fast, has insane range and is unblockable, it's literally made to be annoying and stop anyone from advancing/blocking.
Spirit stab doesn't effectively combo into anything and the enemy is able to guard or take other actions before you are after the move ends.

He also has more ki, more stamina, and maximum charge instead of full power charge.
He might not be a straight upgrade for those that just press "basic light combos", but with his better enders, comboing into full ultimate, and harassement with spirit stab, he's going to be doing more damage on average if you actually explore those options.

He has slightly higher ki, and slightly lower stamina, the higher ki isn't enough to make a difference. I have explored his options, I've spent a lot of time in practice mode trying to figure him out and he just seems like a slightly worse version of Vegetto, a character I already wasn't a fan of in this game. He comes nowhere near characters like Awoken Hit, Rose and Blue Goku.

Ah, yeah I believe 2 months would mean 4 hours in the room and I don't really remember how much time they had left when they found out.
There were like 3 and a half hours left when they found out.

An ultimate, evasive and Ki blasts are simple additions. I've seen far more than two basic strings from him, he has actual combo options, I've SEEN him string different combos together on me.

It doesn't matter what is or what isn't simple to add, he has an extremely unfinished moveset.
And no he only has 2 combos period, he only has a light string and a heavy string and they are both short and have no enders, he's basically on saibamen/appule level atm, and they are better because they actually have ultimates/evasives and can string together lights and heavies.

His combos don't feel any better than basic Vegetto to me. I'm also trying to use Final Kamehameha after every possible combo and I'm not finding one that has a guaranteed hit. Also it's also not just his basic attack string, he does less damage on his supers as well and that's not counting his lack of a transformation.

I thought you said you explored his options?

I have explored his options, I've spent a lot of time in practice mode trying to figure him out

Seems like you didn't explore his options...

Spirit stab doesn't effectively combo into anything and the enemy is able to guard or take other actions before you are after the move ends.

I never said it did, in fact I said it's function was harassment, why the hell would a 22 frame startup unblockable move allow you to combo afterwards? That would be insanely broken.

He has slightly higher ki, and slightly lower stamina, the higher ki isn't enough to make a difference.
How long did it take you to make this post? I edited the stamina part 20 minutes before you posted this.

It doesn't matter what is or what isn't simple to add, he has an extremely unfinished moveset.
And no he only has 2 combos period, he only has a light string and a heavy string and they are both short and have no enders, he's basically on saibamen/appule level atm, and they are better because they actually have ultimates/evasives and can string together lights and heavies.
I've literally had him string different combos together on me.

I thought you said you explored his options?

Seems like you didn't explore his options...
I didn't think to use it there, sorry. Though I've just discovered you can do the same thing with regular Vegetto's basic heavy light heavy light heavy anyways (different animation, Final Kamehameha still hits), so that's not even a bonus for Blue Vegetto.

I never said it did, in fact I said it's function was harassment, why the hell would a 22 frame startup unblockable move allow you to combo afterwards? That would be insanely broken.
I don't see how that harassment is useful when the enemy can punish you for it easily.

How long did it take you to make this post? I edited the stamina part 20 minutes before you posted this.
I booted up the game to double check to see if I could find the guaranteed Final Kamehameha combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom