• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dbs2017-06-18.jpg
That about sums up this week

Ashodin

97 being the start of the tournament was common speculation.
98 having no title and Freeza getting a two parter was lucky (17 had a two parter, Freeza getting one makes sense).
The leak didn't get anything about the U9 assassins right, it said Goku and Freeza would have a hard time with them because they couldn't sense them.
Freeza betraying Goku would be an "easy" bit to guess, the leak didn't even get anything about the betrayal right.
The leak was fake and got lucky on a few things, but it got far more wrong than right, especially in the staff listings.

Don't know why you have a hard-on for proving the leak fake, it was half-truths probably leaked by Toei themselves.

Rutger

Banned
And people were insane to doubt Frieza's return, and how badass it would be!? Wow!

Frieza introduces so many potentially interesting plot lines.

It's not really unreasonable considering how bad the last time Frieza returned was.

They've certainly done a great a great job of getting me interested in where they go with him, but that still doesn't change that I'm kind of tired of seeing him. Frieza's been brought back twice and I think his death at Trunk's hands was perfect for him. And it's not like anything Frieza is doing right now couldn't be done with someone like Cell or Dabura if they had to bring back a villain.

But it is what it is, I'm glad I'm already enjoying this more than RoF at least.

AdanVC

Holy shit what a good episode!!!!! Pure hype from start to finish, one of my favorites on Super in a while. Frieza still continues being evil and that is gooooooooooooooooddd!

And people were insane to doubt Frieza's return, and how badass it would be!? Wow!

Frieza introduces so many potentially interesting plot lines.

This!

It's not really unreasonable considering how bad the last time Frieza returned was.

They've certainly done a great a great job of getting me interested in where they go with him, but that still doesn't change that I'm kind of tired of seeing him. Frieza's been brought back twice and I think his death at Trunk's hands was perfect for him. And it's not like anything Frieza is doing right now couldn't be done with someone like Cell or Dabura if they had to bring back a villain.

But it is what it is, I'm glad I'm already enjoying this more than RoF at least.

A lot can be done with Frieza that can't be done with the others. Frieza was the one Beerus ordered to destroy the Saiyan race. Frieza clearly has some kind of intention to turn the tables against Beerus, and you saw that reflected clearly in not just words, but through his attitude as well. He has intricate knowledge, it would seem, of Beerus that maybe a lot of others simply don't outside of the other gods and angels.

How would Vegeta react to finding out that Beerus ordered the destruction of his race? How might Goku react to how serious Vegeta would take such a thing. It's hard not to imagine Vegeta wanting to kill Beerus somehow. Could you imagine a situation where Vegeta ends up teaming up with Frieza towards such an end? What would Whis do? What would Goku be forced to do? There are all kinds of ways in which Frieza is the most interesting and exciting possible choice for a return bad guy.

Astral Dog

Wow this episode was nuts. Art & animation were on point, Freiza was on his A game, etc. One of the best episodes of Super yet. Replacing Buu with Freiza turned out to be a big upgrade. I'm a bit confused though - was Goku fake struggling or conserving his energy with the Energy of Destruction? If he can still get a cross-counter KO with Golden Frieza then he has to be on par with him right? I'm also not sure how I feel about Goku trying to cover for Frieza? Small nitpicks in an otherwise fantastic episode :)

As an aside, here's some random cosplay I found online:

tumblr_oro4qk9Fpx1qfyavgo1_1280.jpg
But i thought the art was hideous, some very goofy off model scenes, Frieza looked like his nose was 3x bigger for a moment

Rutger

Banned
A lot can be done with Frieza that can't be done with the others. Frieza was the one Beerus ordered to destroy the Saiyan race. Frieza clearly has some kind of intention to turn the tables against Beerus, and you saw that reflected clearly in not just words, but through his attitude as well. He has intricate knowledge, it would seem, of Beerus that maybe a lot of others simply don't outside of the other gods and angels.

How would Vegeta react to finding out that Beerus ordered the destruction of his race? How might Goku react to how serious Vegeta would take such a thing. It's hard not to imagine Vegeta wanting to kill Beerus somehow. Could you imagine a situation where Vegeta ends up teaming up with Frieza towards such an end? What would Whis do? What would Goku be forced to do? There are all kinds of ways in which Frieza is the most interesting and exciting possible choice for a return bad guy.

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking about Frieza and Beerus' connection, however that doesn't need frieza to be around in order to be revealed to everyone. I was certainly expecting someone to let it slip at some point even if Frieza stayed dead.

If you think other villains wouldn't want to surpass the gods though, then I don't know what to tell you.

Does anyone know the name of the track that was playing while Frieza was telling goku how he focused while in hell/killing those bad guys?

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking about Frieza and Beerus' connection, however that doesn't need frieza to be around in order to be revealed to everyone. I was certainly expecting someone to let it slip at some point even if Frieza stayed dead.

If you think other villains wouldn't want to surpass the gods though, then I don't know what to tell you.

I don't doubt for a second they would. However, a universally recognized tyrant such as Frieza with the interesting history he possesses with Beerus seems a whole lot more fascinating to me.

WhiteWolf

Really good episode, they did a good job with Freeza and got me intrigued by what he might end up doing during the tournament. I still wish Cell would've returned for the tournament (or just at all in some form since every other major DBZ villain is still around or has come back multiple times.)

So I'm guessing Freiza will somehow get Frost to resurrect him and they start some plot to put the gods against each other? Freiza seems to want Beerus dead for sure but even if Whis could still smack him so..

Also even tho Beerus said they seem evenly match I think Freiza a bit stronger.

VeeP

So I'm guessing Freiza will somehow get Frost to resurrect him and they start some plot to put the gods against each other? Freiza seems to want Beerus dead for sure but even if Whis could still smack him so..

Also even tho Beerus said they seem evenly match I think Freiza a bit stronger.

Goku hasn't even used Kaio Ken yet, I'd probably give Goku the edge. Even when initially fighting Freiza he stayed in base.

I was also surprised Goku stayed in base mode the majority of the episode.

longdi

Banned
So power rankings

Whis
Beerus
Goku Kaioken
Vegeta/Freeza
Gohan
Rest

With Freeza looking like the antagonist here, i wonder if Jiren was a red herring, well his design is as generic as it comes to be exciting.

Frost is totally going to be the one to resurrect Freeza, and at some point in Super Freeza will become a God of Destruction I can totally see that happening.

Goku hasn't even used Kaio Ken yet, I'd probably give Goku the edge. Even when initially fighting Freiza he stayed in base.

I was also surprised Goku stayed in base mode the majority of the episode.

Kinda forgot about Gokus Kaio Ken secret sauce but even if the stamina drain from it is high. Plus have we truly seen The Golden Freiza at his full power this episode?

VeeP

Kinda forgot about Gokus Kaio Ken secret sauce but even if the stamina drain from it is high. Plus have we truly seen The Golden Freiza at his full power this episode?

Freiza sounded pretty vengeful at the end. Dude literally thought about revenge for what felt like an eternity to him, and when he had a chance to get revenge he decides to go "naw, I won't show my true power yet"?

I mean, in the end they might just give him a power boost. But I don't see Freiza holding back when he has a chance to show up Goku like he did.

And yea Goku's Kaio Ken is pretty draining, but he's used it multiple times in previous episode without letting up, so I think he'll be fine.

Goku literally watched Frieza tell U9 that he's willing to turncoat and betray U7, and yet he's willing to give him another chance because he wants to win the tournament.

Poor, simplistic Goku...

This episode felt really short.

I'm bummed that Goku couldn't deal with the destruction energy and Freeza could. I figured Goku was going to absorb it and that would be part of his new transformation that's apparently upcoming.

Also it totally doesn't jive with Whis/Beerus saying that they're equally strong. Maybe it's because Goku wasn't in SSB.

Freeza's face while the U9 Gods were arguing was amazing though.

This is intentional. It makes me uneasy and I'm pretty sure thats exactly what they were going for

It makes me uneasy for the tournament, definitely. But I'm assuming that Zeno's not going to tolerate any BS and Freeza will somehow be kept in check.

Plus now that we know that Goku and 'Geets can just grab the Potara from Shin for a 1-hour no mess fusion that kind of removes Freeza as a threat after the tourney.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goku literally watched Frieza tell U9 that he's willing to turncoat and betray U7, and yet he's willing to give him another chance because he wants to win the tournament.

Poor, simplistic Goku...

He should just bring Yamcha and let Beerus erase Freeza. Any moron can see the betrayal coming. Especially with Frost on one of the other teams.

Fandangox

Goku really willing to trust Frieza with the fate of the universe over Yamcha.

Damn shame, that.

I wonder how Yamcha would react to that.

I am just saying something had to finally broken this man for him to think that copying Steven Segal's look was a good idea.

He should just bring Yamcha and let Beerus erase Freeza. Any moron can see the betrayal coming. Especially with Frost on one of the other teams.

I dunno how smoothly they would transition into cooperation, though. Frost seems like a lot more cunning than Freeza but less outright evil. Like, when he was disgraced after the Tournament he didn't go full space pirate Napoleon like Freeza did, he just like lives like a beggar in disgrace.

Or at least they made it seem that way. So what I'm saying is maybe Freeza will scare the crap out of Frost.

Although I guess that could just work into making Frost a toady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom