• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinstar

I'm so ready for Jiren, the only true good guy, to send all these other pathetic universes into the abyss where they belong.

JUSTICE

RocknRola

lol

Just roll with it.

If I wasn't rolling with it I wouldn't be here to begin with :p

----------

Also, I totally wanna see the best GoD going at it :3 The furball of MIGHT and POWAH that is the Universe 1 (
THE BE(A)ST UNIVERSE!!)
GoD will show Beerus & Co who the real boss is!

CYtmJkB_d.jpg

Yamcha?

Did anyone have a problem with how Goku didn't go SSB when trapped in the EoD? I don't have a problem with it. To me it seems like he could have broken out like Frieza did if he was in SSB from the start, but the overwhelming energy from the EoD prevented him from transforming. My RL friend doesn't like the scene because he thinks he should have been able to go SSB and that it was a frustrating portrayal of Goku's power.

Fj0823

Did anyone have a problem with how Goku didn't go SSB when trapped in the EoD? I don't have a problem with it. To me it seems like he could have broken out like Frieza did if he was in SSB from the start, but the overwhelming energy from the EoD prevented him from transforming. My RL friend doesn't like the scene because he thinks he should have been able to go SSB and that it was a frustrating portrayal of Goku's power.

Why would we have a problem?

Goku was under immense stress and wasn't able to focus and transform

Malvingt2

we have to embrace whatever Super is doing power scale wise "out of the window"... the focus is the tourney... lets see how crazy things are going to get..

On a side note, I am hoping that U6 saiyans do not stay behind...

I've been thinking this arc is gonna involve something like that.

The rules of the tournament practically scream that at the end some sort of multiple Universe draw is gonna happen. At that point the GoD's are going to have join their surviving team.

Also the preview showed
at least two GoD's going at each other

And it went by almost too fast to pause it.

It's actually
three GoD's going at each other: Fox, Kirby, and Fish face

RocknRola

On the upside that makes Freeza think that he is actually stronger than Goku. Which makes him cocky. Which makes him the best Freeza! :D

Also, it doesn't seem likely at this point, but pre-Tournament interactions between Freeza + the rest of the team would have been amazing. Especially with those he doesn't yet know like the Androids and Roshi. Though, the potential for "fun" and/or "awkward" moments is there for the entire team (minus Goku & Vegeta). Even the current strong Gohan standing up to Freeza could be a fun moment.

However it seems like we'll finally start the actual tournament next week!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I think it's the perfect showing how preparation, not power, is the biggest factor in this arc. And hopefully in DBZ going forward.

Frieza began fighting at his most "perfect" state. Goku still holding back and only uses as much as he thinks he needs. Frieza just beast and shows off max at the start, prepared to take on anything. Would he have been able to contain Destruction God Ki without it?

Frieza was sweating after dealing with that power, and Goku thought he could stand by it in base form, right beside one of his greatest enemies?! Oy.

The show keeps teasing the idea that power isn't the end all of things, and I think everyone forgets that in those "powercreep" complaints. Strength is one of the most obvious things to show off, sure, but it isn't necessarily what wins the day.

HardRojo

On the upside that makes Freeza think that he is actually stronger than Goku. Which makes him cocky. Which makes him the best Freeza! :D

Also, it doesn't seem likely at this point, but pre-Tournament interactions between Freeza + the rest of the team would have been amazing. Especially with those he doesn't yet know like the Androids and Roshi. Though, the potential for "fun" and/or "awkward" moments is there for the entire team (minus Goku & Vegeta). Even the current strong Gohan standing up to Freeza could be a fun moment.

However it seems like we'll finally start the actual tournament next week!

Yeah, hopefully we get some interactions in the beginning of next week's episode. It'd be such a missed opportunity after that "hand slip" from last week's episode. Frieza is way too interesting and it'd suck if he did not interact with the cast.
Edit: Also lol at Goku finally getting battle damage from a freaking Hakai ball.

brinstar

Yeah I read it as there was nothing he could do about it since he wasn't transformed when it struck him. It seemed like it was all Goku could do just to keep it from erasing him immediately.

HeroR

I think it's the perfect showing how preparation, not power, is the biggest factor in this arc. And hopefully in DBZ going forward.

Frieza began fighting at his most "perfect" state. Goku still holding back and only uses as much as he thinks he needs. Frieza just beast and shows off max at the start, prepared to take on anything. Would he have been able to contain Destruction God Ki without it?

Frieza was sweating after dealing with that power, and Goku thought he could stand by it in base form, right beside one of his greatest enemies?! Oy.

The show keeps teasing the idea that power isn't the end all of things, and I think everyone forgets that in those "powercreep" complaints. Strength is one of the most obvious things to show off, sure, but it isn't necessarily what wins the day.

The fact that Goku held on to a move that should have erased him is impressive. Even Golden Frieza was sweating after he escaped.

Calcaneus

I was expecting Freeza to hold on to the energy to try and use on Goku after the tournament but he just said fuck Universe 7 I want you dead now. He was so great this episode.

Skeeter49

My understanding was he couldn't go Blue because the attack was too much.

HardRojo

In a way, I believe it all happened just as Frieza wanted it to happen. He's been dreaming about making Goku suffer and killing him himself all this time, no way he's going to erase his whole existence using someone else's technique while not even stabbing him or anything like that. Now he knows he can manipulate a weak GoD like U9's, so he's gathering intel before planning something bigger.

Man I hope Frost turns out to be playing Frieza, he really needs to be redeemed, he had a lot of potential until his heel turn into Frieza Jr.

bachikarn

Is this the first time we've heard that a GoD 'hakai' technique actually completely destroys them to the point that they don't even go to the otherworld? Kind of think that is going to be the ultimate fate of Freiza this arc.

Is this the first time we've heard that a GoD 'hakai' technique actually completely destroys them to the point that they don't even go to the otherworld? Kind of think that is going to be the ultimate fate of Freiza this arc.

Beerus killing that ghost was CANNONS

Skeeter49

When Beerus did it to Zamasu, saying he'd be erased, even from all timeline's, kind of made that clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom