• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryptiK

viSM9WC.jpg
Thats not Zeno.

Justinh

New ultimate form haven't saved the day since the Cell Saga.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I just mostly associate DBZ with Freeza and Cell arcs because I started watching during Freeza and moved back from Japan mid-way through Buu (I didn't see past Dabura until like... 2000).

I'd still prefer they do something else than just
"new form." Doesn't matter I guess, since it's apparently happening anyways...

http://i.imgur.com/viSM9WC.jpg
This really doesn't feel like the same thing to me.

Super Sinner was the most disappointing new form. Couldn't even deliver a proper beat down and no one there acknowledged it or gave a shit. Ended up doing nothing but letting Zamasu go into his ultimate final form, smh.

SSJ3 didn't win but it at least it looked strong and overwhelming against Fat Buu and had good fights against Super and Kid Buu. SSB was at least strongly acknowledged by everyone and Frieza did get a proper beat down by it. Ultimate Gohan is the closest to Super Sinner disappointment but Gohan did deliver a good ass whopping and you honestly thought he was gonna win using it, and he didn't need help this time.

HeroR

Lmao y'all being technical for the heck of it. If it weren't for Trunks Goku would never have called Zeno in.

Your point? It wasn't an ultimate form that saved the day. In fact, Trunks' form would have amounted to nothing if it wasn't for his Spirit Sword. So that 'saved the day' more than anything.

And the day wasn't even saved since the entire timeline got nuked.

Trunks should not be rewarded for Goku's stupidity.

Goku was stupid for summoning Zen'o? So, how should they dealt with multiverse Merged Zamasu?

Super Sinner was the most disappointing new form. Couldn't even deliver a proper beat down and no one there acknowledged it or gave a shit. Ended up doing nothing but letting Zamasu go into his ultimate final form, smh.

SSJ3 didn't win but it at least it looked strong and overwhelming against Fat Buu and had good fights against Super and Kid Buu. SSB was at least strongly acknowledged by everyone and Frieza did get a proper beat down by it. Ultimate Gohan is the closest to Super Sinner disappointment but Gohan did deliver a good ass whopping and you honestly thought he was gonna win using it, and he didn't need help this time.

Ultimate Gohan is the most disappointing form since it lost a battle it should have won, got beating up, and when the villain gained its power, Vegito beat the shit out of him as just a Super Saiyan.

At least Super Saiyan Rage pushed back two powerful foes at the same time and helped overwhelm a fused character.

Super Saiyan God would be next since it lost its introduction battle, didn't even pushed Beerus, and Goku just absorbed it making it more pointless on top of being a time limited form.

Nah.

5569600-cuts+zamasu.gif

Your point? It wasn't an ultimate form that saved the day. In fact, Trunks' form would have amounted to nothing if it wasn't for his Spirit Sword. So that 'saved the day' more than anything.

I said the SSJ2 form didn't even save the day in the Cell saga since it was Goku's help that made the difference.

In fact SSJ1 didn't even save the day on Namek considering everyone had already escaped to safety anyway. Goku didn't need to fight Frieza; he only did it out of Saiyan pride and even so Frieza didn't die anyway.

Skeeter49

Goku was stupid for summoning Zen'o? So, how should they dealt with multiverse Merged Zamasu?

I meant stupid for taking so long to think of it. Trunks shouldn't be rewarded for Goku taking so long to do something.

To be fair though, Goku most likely would have never used the Zeno button against Merged Zamasu when he thought it was realistic to kill him.

HeroR

I said the SSJ2 form didn't even save the day in the Cell saga since it was Goku's help that made the difference.

In fact SSJ1 didn't even save the day on Namek considering everyone had already escaped to safety anyway. Goku didn't need to fight Frieza; he only did it out of Saiyan pride and even so Frieza didn't die anyway.

It did since Super Saiyan 2 Gohan would have killed even Super Perfect Cell without any help, if a certain Saiyan Prince didn't attack Cell or Gohan let that prince die instead of saving them.

Everyone would have died right there on that island without Super Saiyan, especially if Frieza destroyed the planet after doing it.

I meant stupid for taking so long to think of it. Trunks shouldn't be rewarded for Goku taking so long to do something.

To be fair though, Goku most likely would have never used the Zeno button against Merged Zamasu when he thought it was realistic to kill him.

So the timeline should have been destroyed sooner? Even if the timeline itself was spared, do you think Zen'o would have spared the Earth?

Mediking

Oh my God, I forgot about this. This is perfect! Thanks!
81Prz9C.gif

This is just jokes. Please don't be mad anyone. Nobody's going to be mad, right?

My DBZ GT memory is fuzzy... but is that guy really the time skip version of that Andriod guy Slaythe loves so much?

Anth0ny

Man, GT may suck but SSJ4 is honestly the best.

At least has more effort than, "Hey what if it was Super Saiyan... but BLUE!?"

And I say that as someone who likes SSB.

"blah blah but blue is great because it's so simple blah blah ssj4 is overdesigned and ugly blah"

Ataxia

What I want to see is Goku getting absolutely rekt by Jiren, and then to realise just how much he's screwed up and has been careless - putting his entire family, and universe in danger. Could lead to some solid character development (I have hope) and give basis for his new transformation

But knowing how Super has handled this stuff before, he'll probably just pull it out of nowhere and that will be that

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What I want to see is Goku getting absolutely rekt by Jiren, and then to realise just how much he's screwed up and has been careless - putting his entire family, and universe in danger. Could lead to some solid character development (I have hope) and give basis for his new transformation

But knowing how Super has handled this stuff before, he'll probably just pull it out of nowhere and that will be that

So basically what the ED is implying?

Skeeter49

Kagari will be punished for the Gohan title when the pride troopers do fuck all next episode, and Kagari has to change the title to something about that.
I never want this Gohan title to go.

Skeeter49

I think the moment Goku cares is when a universe he has any type of attachment to loses.

Which is going to be awhile. Or when a heavy hitter on his team is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom