• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that female Super Saiyans are rightfully A thing, the first thing they'll do is give Pan a SS form, thus rendering GT non-canon.

Good riddance.

LiamExe

One thing I found weird during some of the battles with the Pride Troopers in other episodes was how some were sneering and laughing like common thugs while beating the others up; laughing like some of the more typically evil characters might do. Which struck me as a little odd for a group that prides itself on righteousness.

Not all of them are like that of course, but I still found it a bit weird.

DHl3_VNb_UAAAT1ya.jpg

Less neck=More justice.
Dude in the middle looks like Garlic Jr. let himself go.

Edit: You GT haters can go choke on a senzu bean.

Fj0823

Now that female Super Saiyans are rightfully A thing, the first thing they'll do is give Pan a SS form, thus rendering GT non-canon.

Good riddance.

GT was a master at the "Not turning Super Saiyan despite the situation being critical" technique

So YouTubers will just handwave it and say Pan is pulling a Goku.

caliph95

One thing I found weird during some of the battles with the Pride Troopers in other episodes was how some were sneering and laughing like common thugs while beating the others up; laughing like some of the more typically evil characters might do. Which struck me as a little odd for a group that prides itself on righteousness.

Didn't help with that weirdly translated line about the general conquering planets, which sparks some amazing shocking theories

That was a weird episode

Remember them talking up barret guy? "He conquered many planets" ? Red flag right there. More like the Ginyu force than we thought.
Edit: Beaten like U9

NeonZ

That and the comment about them defeat/conquering planets was all in a single episode, and it was scripted by a writer that just started writing for Super. That was his 2nd episode. Unless it happens again, I'd guess it was just some communication failure.

caliph95

That and the comment about them defeat/conquering planets was all in a single episode, and it was scripted by a writer that just started writing for Super. That was his 2nd episode. Unless it happens again, I'd guess it was just some communication failure.
That explains a lot and the planets was apparently a translation issue

It was a weird episode in that regard and clashes with the super hero thing

Sony

Nintendo
Good people can conquer planets too. What if inhabitants of a planet live under a dictatorial regime. Liberating them by conquering the planet is good.
An evil person wouldn't risk his life to save an animal.

NeonZ

That explains a lot and the planets was apparently a translation issue

They still say that he "defeated" planets, even if you don't want to go with conquered. Either way, it doesn't sound very heroic.

Although I guess it's possible that the GoD just sent them to blow up a planet that lowers the universe level. One of the top 4 GoD profiles mentions how they destroy everything that could lower their universe's level.

HeroR

You didn't mention at launch though. Still, I'm really hoping we'll get to see more Super characters in a future revision of the game, getting characters like Kale, Jiren, Caulifla, Toppo and Super's 17 would be amazing.

Did they say there would be no Super characters?

And I honestly want some original Dragon Ball characters before Super. Tired of Bandi pretending the first third of the series didn't happened outside of winks and nods.

GT was a master at the "Not turning Super Saiyan despite the situation being critical" technique

So YouTubers will just handwave it and say Pan is pulling a Goku.

Well, Super does that too, especially this arc.

cordy

Banned
You didn't mention at launch though. Still, I'm really hoping we'll get to see more Super characters in a future revision of the game, getting characters like Kale, Jiren, Caulifla, Toppo and Super's 17 would be amazing.

I'm talking about the launch base roster in the first game. They'll be DLC and in future installments, just not the base game of the first title I'm sure. I actually see them showing up in Xenoverse 3 before any DBFZ title. That'll probably be announced soon and besides that Xenoverse already has a leg up on new Super characters.

VariantX

Good riddance.

GT was complete bullshit not giving pan a SS form when trunks and goten got them for free. Assuming Super goes that far, I bet pan will get one since they've already made her into an absurdly powerful infant.

Daingurse

Was it the Ocean Dub that implied Vegeta killed Goku's grandfather? That was the first dub I saw of DBZ, and it was before I saw Dragon Ball, so I kind of accepted that as what happened until I saw DB and the funi dub where Goku accepts he killed his grandfather, and then that really bothered me as a huge fuck up.

Yup, that's the Ocean Dub.

HeroR

GT was complete bullshit not giving pan a SS form when trunks and goten got them for free. Assuming Super goes that far, I bet pan will get one since they've already made her into an absurdly powerful infant.

And then we get to here people bitch about Pan being too strong.

And I honestly want some original Dragon Ball characters before Super. Tired of Bandi pretending the first third of the series didn't happened outside of winks and nods.

Well, Super does that too, especially this arc.

Yeah but the fights were different in dragonball. strapping jetpacks to everyone's ass gets old after a while.

HeroR

Yeah but the fights were different in dragonball. strapping jetpacks to everyone's ass gets old after a while.

It's a 2D fighting game. Not everyone needs to fly and ground battles did exist in Z. The TOP is all ground battle because of the no fly rule and Magetta, one of the strongest people I his universe, can't fly.

Not being able to fly is a lousy excuse not to include characters.

HardRojo

They didn't say anything regarding Super characters AFAIK, and classic outfits SSB Vegeta and Goku are Super only, so we already have Super characters. Who from Dragon Ball would you like to see? Tao Pai Pai would be nice, dude was really cool in OG DB and hardly anyone remembers him now.
I'm talking about the launch base roster in the first game. They'll be DLC and in future installments, just not the base game of the first title I'm sure. I actually see them showing up in Xenoverse 3 before any DBFZ title. That'll probably be announced soon and besides that Xenoverse already has a leg up on new Super characters.
If XV3 comes out next year, then yeah, I can see more Super characters being included there first. And I agree regarding the base roster for DBFZ, outside of Goku Black, Beerus and Hit (maybe even Whis), everyone else has a really slim chance of making it.

HeroR

They didn't say anything regarding Super characters AFAIK, and classic outfits SSB Vegeta and Goku are Super only, so we already have Super characters. Who from Dragon Ball would you like to see? Tao Pai Pai would be nice, dude was really cool in OG DB and hardly anyone remembers him now.

If XV3 comes out next year, then yeah, I can see more Super characters being included there first. And I agree regarding the base roster for DBFZ, outside of Goku Black, Beerus and Hit (maybe even Whis), everyone else has a really slim chance of making it.

Personally, King Piccolo and maybe Tambourine. They pretty much set the standard for Z. General Blue and Android 8 would be nice. Android 8 was almost the beta of Android 16 and he was awesome in Path to Power.

I wanted Tao too, but they already said no to him.

Also, Kid Goku and I mean Kid Goku. Not Kid GT Goku with some of Kid Goku's moveset like the BS Xenoverse pulled.

Skeeter49

Hey, the PT could have taken Caulifla and Kale out if it wasn't for Kale controlling her form that fast/so easily >>

He's smarter than the U10 fighters.

Let's go for the weakling instead of fighting someone who traded blows with SSB Goku in the first episode we saw him.

I liked them. As a team I could see them easily take Goku out, their powers compliment each other, it's a shame the one time they're together they go for a beam spam instead of using their creative powers, even if that is my favorite moment in the arc so far.

They didn't even hurt base form Goku and didn't even take out base form Cali. If either one of them went Super Saiyan, they would have wiped everyone outside the general.
I'm counting the pridemander as well. If Goku went SSJ I agree. If they have special powers, and their power isn't in pure strength, I don't see Goku going SSJ unless he needed to, and theoretically if they catch him in a pocket dimension, and use that tornado attack to spin him off right away, unless Goku breaks out and IT's back on the stage, he would get rung out.

Then we'd be stuck with a Broly clone. Fuck that. I'll take the pride troopers getting fucked over, for a character who needed the development more. The Pride troopers by design are cool and interesting.

HeroR

He's smarter than the U10 fighters.

Let's go for the weakling instead of fighting someone who traded blows with SSB Goku in the first episode we saw him.

I liked them. As a team I could see them easily take Goku out, their powers compliment each other, it's a shame the one time they're together they go for a beam spam instead of using their creative powers, even if that is my favorite moment in the arc so far.

They didn't even hurt base form Goku and didn't even take out base form Cali. If either one of them went Super Saiyan, they would have wiped everyone outside the general.

Kahseral got exactly what he deserved
You're an ally of the evil Goku, aren't you?
Only reason Caulifla wasn't taken out despite already being damaged/weakened and the fight being 4 vs 1 was because the plot demanded it :/

Angelcurio

Goku can teleport

he can visit anyone literally by thinking of his friends

on the other hand, if Goku goes to kaioh-sama to train for a few years, nobody can reach him short of wishing to the dragon
I think that Dende can probably speak telephatically with the North Kaio.

NeonZ

It's a 2D fighting game. Not everyone needs to fly and ground battles did exist in Z. The TOP is all ground battle because of the no fly rule and Magetta, one of the strongest people I his universe, can't fly.

Not being able to fly is a lousy excuse not to include characters.

Some of FighterZ generic animation sequences involve the characters flying, like the cross up bit when one fighter is knocked out and the rush in.

Still, I don't think most people care. I haven't heard any complaints about how Kid Goku and Arale are clearly flying in many of their DB Fusions animations.

Hey, the PT could have taken Caulifla and Kale out if it wasn't for Kale controlling her form that fast/so easily >>

Only because Caulifla for some reason wasn't transforming until Kale also did it.

Skeeter49

You're an ally of the evil Goku, aren't you?

Only reason Caulifla wasn't taken out despite already being damaged/weakened and the fight being 4 vs 1 was because the plot demanded it :/

The plot was in favor of the Pride Troopers for half the episode, since she didn't go SSJ, and they couldn't throw a line in saying either she was too tired, or she did it on purpose to get Kale to transform. Still pissed about that. Kale's knocked out. Just have Goku ask her why she didn't transform, and say it was to trick Kale.

Slaythe

Some of FighterZ generic animation sequences involve the characters flying, like the cross up bit when one fighter is knocked out and the rush in.

I mean whatever that's just character rushing... They had dashes and super jumps before too.

The issue is how they would handle the aerial "dust", those characters technically couldn't do it but maybe they have better ground options/combos.

The androids are not supposed to charge ki either so I wonder what they'll have, maybe they have some unique mechanics for character types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom