• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutger

Banned
Could have been a fun episode, but Goku brings it down since he wasn't needed but the writers are afraid to go too long without him.

Anyways, the Zenos can't see Dyspo move, that's interesting. Really seems like all they have is the power to destroy.

Also Champa is the best.

Slaythe

top_ph.png

Uhum

Astral Dog

I think they should give the Grand Priest a proper name, all this "i will report you to Zeno" sounds weird as Zeno probably doesn't even care about that stuff, and Frieza didn't even knew who Zeno was but still used it as a threat.

Morlas

You guys are just as obsessed with Goku as the writers in the other direction lol

Anyway Hit was awesome this episode and that's what I'm gonna focus on

dickroach

I think they should give the Grand Priest a proper name, all this "i will report you to Zeno" sounds weird as Zeno probably doesn't even care about that stuff, and Frieza didn't even knew who Zeno was but still used it as a threat.

when the tournament's over and all the Priests fuse into one giant universe monster, names aren't gonna matter

Something big is coming for cabba. That should be obvious by now. They aren't not showing him for no reason. They have big plans for him.

Astral Dog

when the tournament's over and all the Priests fuse into one giant universe monster, names aren't gonna matter
This should be all a misunderstanding the angels can't be evil right 😇
Something big is coming for cabba. That should be obvious by now. They aren't not showing him for no reason. They have big plans for him.
He should get punched in the face like he did to U3 team leader

Skii

If I have misinterpreted SSG being faster than SSB, that just made the episode even worse then. Literally no reason to have kept SSG for now when he's been using SSB already in this tournament. Again it's obvious they decided to implement SSG maybe a week before animation started for this segment rather than carefully crafting the story of this tournament.

Terrible writing.

caliph95

I think even Kale is stronger than him now.
Base Kale is stronger and more relevance than cabbage

She's the strongest besides hit in her broly form
If I have misinterpreted SSG being faster than SSB, that just made the episode even worse then. Literally no reason to have kept SSG for now when he's been using SSB already in this tournament. Again it's obvious they decided to implement SSG maybe a week before animation started for this segment rather than carefully crafting the story of this tournament.

Terrible writing.
Yep that's the problem with SSG in this episode

Before his attack on Kale, I was starting to wonder if Jiren was some sort of stringent pacifist. Like Epsilon from Pluto or something.

Jiren is playing to the long con. Studying his opponents, seeing what they can do. He already has HIt's number. That shit is gonna be over quick. And I can't wait to see him fuck up Goku. Jiren knows what he's doing.

Slaythe

I think it's fine that they let some saiyans be completely irrelevant. Especially now that they have an entire planet worth of saiyans.

CryptiK

Man Gohan looks rad in Piccolo's clothing. Hopefully his Orange Blue Gi gets all sorts of fucked up and Piccolo creates him some new threads.

HeroR

Goku looks like Toriko.

Terrible writing.

"Sigh*. The script for Super is done months ahead of time before the first episode is even in pre-production. Changes like Goku using a completely form isn't done in the last minute, especially since you have dialog to consider and Goku doing the switching. This isn't a manga where you can do week-to-week.

Criticizing is fine, but please get your facts straight.

And Goku only used Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan three times in the tournament. Two were in bursts of power and the other one was against Kale who tanked as Kamehameha from Blue.

Terrible writing.

Isn't SSG less stamina consuming? If Goku's trying to conserve energy on strong but not top-tier enemies, SSG is the best form. SSB on only top-tier or groups of really strong enemies at once makes sense in that context. SSB is stronger and SSB with Kaio-ken even more so with a huge stamina penalty but he has to consume as little energy as possible over a period of 45 minutes.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Episode was awesome imo. Loved Hit and Champa. People are focused on Goku going SSG too much. Sure it came out of nowhere, but it's the same reason he's using his base form and normal Super Saiyan.

Gurrry

So you guys are way ahead of me, Im watching the dubbed version and just started the 12th episode today.

My thoughts so far:

I actually really like this. I was a huge fan back in the day, but wasnt sure if this was going to be for me, but so far I have actually really enjoyed it. The small comedy bits have hit more than missed for me and the animation (albeit a little strange looking at times) is still great.

I really like how unpredictable Beerus is. I do think its strange that hes all about eating and doing crazy ass shit for no reason, but it works for the character.

The one complaint I have right now though is that this battle between Beerus and Goku is stretching on a bit too long. Like get to the fucking point already. Beerus teases hes gonna blow up the planet, then Goku gets strong, but not strong enough so Beerus is gonna destroy the planet, but wait... Goku is getting stronger! This goes on and on for far too long IMO.

Im hoping that after this episode Beerus finally states why he is trying to make Goku so strong and what the arc is going to be.

Morlas

They're totally gonna wish that everything that Zeno has erased comes back and that brings back an ancient foe of incredible strength...that Zeno doesn't care about anymore

Wait. Where the fuck does SSG sit in terms of power and speed? It looks like a base form now? Wtf is going on.

The only reason to use SSG is for power greater than SS but needing to conserve energy. Obviously, base SS and SS2 consume less energy than SSG but are not suitable for the high-tier characters and useless altogether with top-tier characters.
Base, SSG, and SSB, and potentially new transformation will probably the most used forms going forward with most of the riff-raff eliminated.

ElyrionX

Base<God<Blue<New form

The only reason to use SSG is for power greater than SS but needing to conserve energy. Obviously, base SS and SS2 consume less energy than SSG but are not suitable for the high-tier characters and useless altogether with top-tier characters.
Base, SSG, and SSB, and potentially new transformation will probably the most used forms going forward with most of the riff-raff eliminated.

In terms of power:
Base < SSJ < SSG < SSB

In terms of speed:
Base < SSJ < SSG < SSB

In terms of stamina:
Base > SSJ > SSG > SSB

This is some really stupid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom