• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

Cabba will get his moment.

Just you wait.

He'll probably get his moment.

I hope.
Someone's waiting for him
frieza-licking-blood-o.gif

Freezer better not disappoint
He'll take out the one with green hair.
Because that's what Lord Chill deemed many years ago.

Laiza

Reminder that U10 got zero kills before they got eliminated.

Even more fun, U2 and U9 managed to get their only kills so far on them.

They are quite thoroughly the punching bag universe.

This is terrible writing and no one should ever defend it

Skeeter49

it occurs to me that we haven't seen Caulifla really pissed off yet, annoyed yeah, but not pissed
She got pissed when the one dude was beating up Kale.

It's hard to get pissed in this tournament, when no one can die, unless you pull a Videl in the Buu arc tournament.

just you watch Freiza will be the key to unlocking super saiyan purple...or something like that
When a death beam gets lodged in her back.

Morlas

She got pissed when the one dude was beating up Kale.

It's hard to get pissed in this tournament, when no one can die, unless you pull a Videl in the Buu arc tournament.

just you watch Freiza will be the key to unlocking super saiyan purple...or something like that

Morlas

I love how people were upset about Goku and the Androids letting someone go, but nobody's made a peep about Hit doing the same thing
better to save the best for last though right?

Skeeter49

My hope is still that this tournament is an exhibition to show each universe what's at stake, and where they stack up, and the real tournament will be in several years, the Super Dragon Ball's will be destroyed after the wish is made this arc, and it'll be 1V1 fights.

That would be a colossal middle finger
It'd be a Toriyama thing to do though. And that's what matters.
Did anyone really want a Battle Royale?
All I want from a Battle Royale is character development, I couldn't really care about the actually fighting, whether it's good or not. In 1 V 1, or 2 V 2 style tournaments, you can have both character development and interesting fights.

The Battle Royale approach was a mistake from it's reveal.

Fj0823

My hope is still that this tournament is an exhibition to show each universe what's at stake, and where they stack up, and the real tournament will be in several years, the Super Dragon Ball's will be destroyed after the wish is made this arc, and it'll be 1V1 fights.

That would be a colossal middle finger to everyone watching this arc.

Twilight's "The final battle full of casualties and cool shit you spent the last 15 minutes watching in awe was just a dream to show the stakes" level

Morlas

well we'd have to skip over the more jobbery fights or that would be like a 100 episode arc

Do you mean SSJ2? Cos I thought one of the points of the 'perfected SSJ' shit in the Cell saga was that it did not use any stamina.

Ssj2 is basically the combination of brute force and speed which was the issue of the ascended imperfect version (muscles and whatnot) . Vegeta and trunks powerwise could've mopped the floor with cell but they couldn't touch em.

It still drains energy.. SSJ3 being the worst offender. Only reason Goku pulled it off was because he was dead which = 0 stamina drain.

I love how people were upset about Goku and the Androids letting someone go, but nobody's made a peep about Hit doing the same thing
The difference is it wouldn't take a ton of effort for all of them to take out a tired California and Khalid. While trying to take out Goku would bring you to the limit and probably unable to keep going, and Hit is well aware of the danger of Jiren.

For the record I don't really have an issue with Goku letting the saiyans go.

Reminder that U10 got zero kills before they got eliminated.

Even more fun, U2 and U9 managed to get their only kills so far on them.

They are quite thoroughly the punching bag universe.

This is terrible writing and no one should ever defend it

Well at least they got a tie before before the tournament.

HeroR

Do you mean SSJ2? Cos I thought one of the points of the 'perfected SSJ' shit in the Cell saga was that it did not use any stamina.

It still used stamina. Not just as much as before. It's like you running everyday. In time, it takes less energy to do the same miles, but it's still draining.

Reset

He already did that with Trunks, a jobber of such magnitude his entire timeline jobbed itself out of existence.

Dude got more notable kills than the main cast lol .
-Dabura, Cell, Android 17&18, Frieza, and King Cold

Oh and Trunks was the only person in that timeline to remain alive. o:

You mean Goku?
That would be a huge mistake on hit's part. Since last they fought, it was a tie, best Hit could hope for is a win that exhausts him.
Besides his plot armor, Goku isnt half as important to U7 as Hit is to U6. Best he plays it safe

caliph95

The difference is it wouldn't take a ton of effort for all of them to take out a tired California and Khalid. While trying to take out Goku would bring you to the limit and probably unable to keep going, and Hit is well aware of the danger of Jiren.

For the record I don't really have an issue with Goku letting the saiyans go.
Why are you bringing me into this a and I'm not that weak

But yeah Goku would be too much trouble for Hit

well we'd have to skip over the more jobbery fights or that would be like a 100 episode arc
I don't see the problem with that honestly

Dude got more notable kills than the main cast lol .
-Dabura, Cell, Android 17&18, Frieza, and King Cold

Oh and Trunks was the only person in that timeline to remain alive. o:

First ever W in his life was against Frieza. Was a do nothing goober for the rest of the saga, crying about Geets and embarrassing himself in front of Mr. Perfect Cell. Finally got another W after the real main event was over.

Kills some demon dork no one cares about anymore in a flashback. Black comes, kills his mother and kicks his ass back to the past, gets a new form that no one gives a shit about, helps Zamasu out by letting him go screen saver, whole time line is blown up.

at least we're not getting a ten minute boring explanation of every character's powers

It could worse how GoT characters are teleporting all over the place. Granted, it doesn't bother me at all if it moves along the plot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toei has a boner for transformations but it would bother them too much to come up with even just ONE new technique.

My man.

If you start thinking about the last time Goku learned something you would have to go back to him arriving on earth during the robo- freeza invasion.

I love how it took this long for the idiots in U11 to realise that they actually have to put in effort. 6 members of their team get clowned, a seventh get overwhelmed by brute force and eliminated, and the rabbit gets handled when he has to face someone that is actually capable of adjusting in a fight so his pure speed isn't worth much. Gonna be great seeing that universe get Zeno'd.

Tsunamo

Todays episode was pretty fun. I'll enjoy seeing more focused fights like that with more of the strong contenders vsing less opponents as we head towards the end.

Champa continues to be best character. It's gonna hit hard when he gets erased :(

Didn't Vegeta do that SSG/SSB trick in the manga? Come on Toei! Don't try and make Goku seem smart, we're not falling for it.

I'm interested in the sudden shift in the Pride Troopers. Now that they're getting serious, they're abandoning their justice spiel. I never did see Jiren as the cat rescuing type anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom