• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingeniero

Vegeta's fans are the best.
Geets has been through a whole, complete and solid arc during all Z and Super.
He is the most interesting character by far, his comedy moments are gold and he has been consistently top2 power wise in the team to this day.

He is just fun to watch, amazing screen time guaranteed.

Exactly. The game would be terribly unbalanced if they'd adhere to power levels.

Trash characters in fighting games are usually trash because the balancing unintentionally made them trash (barring joke characters, of course). Not because the character was weaker in the lore or whatever. Balancing a game is very hard, very careful work.

...I know. So naturally the director making comments indicating that they may be going for some degree intentional imbalance doesn't make me any more optimistic.

Gin-Shiio

Gohan is the original hype man. You cannot just undo that achievement. To be frank, between the constant GT bashing and power levels talk, the DB fanbase can be unpleasant as a whole.

HardRojo

We Vegeta fans are cool, dude has come around and gotten a lot of development as a character, I'm just hoping he continues that trend in the ToP, but so far he's been disappointing with this pride and solo mindset despite the stakes.

NeonZ

I would argue the only time Gohan shined was during the Cell Saga, cause his ultimate form was short lived ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The vegeta fanbase is ok.

They really aren't. Vegeta got rescued back to the spotlight as a tag along with Goku at the end of the Buu Saga and then in the new material got more focus than he ever had before, and yet Vegeta's fans still are there complaining every time Goku overshadows him even though he was overshadowing the entire rest of the cast at the same time.

Danny 117

We Vegeta fans are cool, dude has come around and gotten a lot of development as a character, I'm just hoping he continues that trend in the ToP, but so far he's been disappointing with this pride and solo mindset despite the stakes.
Eh, I think when it comes down to it he will team up for the sake of Bulma, Bulla and Trunks. He quickly ran to Goku's aid when he was cornered by U9.

That look he gave Bulma before they teleported to the ToP... the man loves his family.

Morlas

You guys don't give enough credit to our one true savior Hit.

hit-kills-goku-o.gif

Daingurse

Vegetas's character development has been astounding over the course of the series. It's definitely a part of why he's my favorite character. The dude wanted to destroy the very planet he currently resides on! I can't get over that lol.

I know some people are irritated that his pride has returned, but I honestly think it's fine. This ain't Cell or Buu Saga Vegeta. His rivalry with Goku is actually pretty normal now. Vegeta is just a highly competitive person, who is always going to keep pushing himself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kagari is a Caulifla fan confirmed.

Caulifla is the best new character in super since Hit imo
I know some people are irritated that his pride has returned, but I honestly think it's fine. This ain't Cell or Buu Saga Vegeta. His rivalry with Goku is actually pretty normal now. Vegeta is just a highly competitive person, who is always going to keep pushing himself.
The manga did a better job of explaining how Vegeta currently views Goku imo.

He views him as his equal in power but he acknowledges that Goku is the faster learner and atm he want's to overcome that so he isn't always playing catch up for once

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's a shame since it seemed like with Battle of Gods they actually continued down that path for Vegeta. When he saw Goku and Beerus fighting he said he was glad it wasn't him. Then all that shit got thrown out with ROF and especially with Super. I think the very first episode of Super has him going "GRRR I'LL BE BETTER THAN YOU KAKAROTTO"

edit:second episode

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's a shame since it seemed like with Battle of Gods they actually continued down that path for Vegeta. When he saw Goku and Beerus fighting he said he was glad it wasn't him. Then all that shit got thrown out with ROF and especially with Super. I think the very first episode of Super has him going "GRRR I'LL BE BETTER THAN YOU KAKAROTTO"

edit:second episode
I mean, a big chunk of Super is just rehashing stuff that came before. This applies to every established character.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
They really aren't. Vegeta got rescued back to the spotlight as a tag along with Goku at the end of the Buu Saga and then in the new material got more focus than he ever had before, and yet Vegeta's fans still are there complaining every time Goku overshadows him even though he was overshadowing the entire rest of the cast at the same time.

It's OK. Vegeta still saved the world from Cell.

Daingurse

Are people forgetting that Gohan's arm breaks because of Vegeta getting in the way? lol
Not at all. Still doesn't change the fact that everyone would be dead without Vegetas's distraction. Vegeta is a problem creator and solver. He's the all-in-one!

ElFly

It's OK. Vegeta still saved the world from Cell.

ALSO the time traveller that warned everyone about the androids came from his balls

Not at all. Still doesn't change the fact that everyone would be dead without Vegetas's distraction. Vegeta is a problem creator and solver. He's the all-in-one!

Everyone: maybe we could stop Dr Gero from building these robots in the first place! we don't even have to kill him!

Vegeta: no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom