• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
55YNlbS.gif

So much movement

Jiren flipping away from the Kamehameha looks dope.

Limit

This was like a poorly written wrestling angle. Two people forming a tag team only for the said team to fizzle out with no buildup or consequence. Frieza could have played the long con and taken out U7 inconsequential players like 17 and 18 to gain Frost's trust, take out U6 big players, and then stab frost in the back. But instead of all that, we got this. A showcase that Frieza is the new tsundere of DB.

Wasted opportunity to make the arc interesting.

brinstar

This was like a poorly written wrestling angle. Two people forming a tag team only for the said team to fizzle out with no buildup or consequence. Frieza could have played the long con and taken out U7 inconsequential players like 17 and 18 to gain Frost's trust, take out U6 big players, and then stab frost in the back. But instead of all that, we got this. A showcase that Frieza is the new tsundere of DB.

if Freeza was the reason 17 and 18 got taken out this thread would be a bloodbath hahaha

Rutger

Banned

Pretty much the main reason I'm disappointed with this. Some are saying that Frieza will make this arc more interesting, but the only thing he has done so far is eliminate an interesting antagonist(Frost being weak but getting far through deception is pretty unique for this series).

I don't feel like Frieza has added anything fresh to this arc yet while removing some potential new ideas it could work with, and if he ends up becoming its main villain somehow then I'll still be saying this.

what would be even more funny is if this tournament just merges all the universes into one instead of deleting them, making some ranking system and more kais in the process

but Frost is still MIA since he was actually deleted

Vidiot

Gohan was not as bad in this episode as everyone is making it out to seem. He wasn't even trying his best against Jimeze. It's the same shit Goku pulls all the fucking time. He doesnt do his best and gets his ass kicked around for a while and then wins despite the fact he could have won easily if he wanted to. He's doing it right now against Ribrianne. I'm pretty sure if it played out without interruption Gohan could have taken Jimeze. With Frieza he immediately knew what Frieza was doing and played along.

AdanVC

Ok wow Frieza u badass purple shiny bald head <3 This was a nice episode IMO.

And finally!!! Jiren time for next episode!! First time I'm hyped for a DBS episode in a while! But what the hell why waiting two weeks again for the next episode!? D: Is this going to be the one hour long episode ??

Can't help but think watching this episode that this was 11 minutes stretched into 22 minutes.

1. Yardrat dude attacks Gohan, Gohan hasn't prepped against Instant Transmission, struggles for a bit.
2. Freeza shows up, goes "ho ho ho" and destroys Yardrat dude as he has actually prepped against IT (because it's one of Goku's abilities?), mocks Gohan.
3. Frost shows up, Freeza goes "yeah we're totes a team".
4. Gohan and Freeza pretend to fight. Frost gets baited and Freeza eliminates him.

But of course the obvious question behind the mess above is "why did Freeza not just eliminate Frost, as he's clearly far stronger?"

Answer: because Toei padded out the arc.

Also apparently Frost is smart enough to come up with a reversal of the Mafuba on the fly, but not smart enough to account for the possibility of his new best friend really just doing a triple-cross?

You know, I don't care anymore for the Goku and Jiren fight. Frost getting erased like that was amazing, I need to know what the fuck is really going on. The villain has to be the Great Priest.

caliph95

Can't help but think watching this episode that this was 11 minutes stretched into 22 minutes.

1. Yardrat dude attacks Gohan, Gohan hasn't prepped against Instant Transmission, struggles for a bit.
2. Freeza shows up, goes "ho ho ho" and destroys Yardrat dude as he has actually prepped against IT (because it's one of Goku's abilities?), mocks Gohan.
3. Frost shows up, Freeza goes "yeah we're totes a team".
4. Gohan and Freeza pretend to fight. Frost gets baited and Freeza eliminates him.

But of course the obvious question behind the mess above is "why did Freeza not just eliminate Frost, as he's clearly far stronger?"

Answer: because Toei padded out the arc.
You forgot peanut gallery
I always like Jiren just looking annoyed at these big attacks

CazTGG

..Well, that was a total wash. Wasted the Frieza/Frost dynamic, wasted the Yardrat, wasted our time telling us the blatantly obvious for five minutes i.e. Frieza has a devious plan for the Super Dragon Balls. The Tien episode was better than this, and they didn't even make him look cool in that one!

I was looking at the Dragonball FighterZ thread and some people's annoyance with the Goku Black gifs and meme's

eventually when he gets announced be it dlc or as a starter I just hope everyone continues the annoyance but now with Jiren

Jiren needs his own soundtrack too

I was looking at the Dragonball FighterZ thread and some people's annoyance with the Goku Black gifs and meme's

eventually when he gets announced be it dlc or as a starter I just hope everyone continues the annoyance but now with Jiren

Jiren needs his own soundtrack too

Well a lot of people here don't like Jiren.

But I guess that just means it will annoy non Super fans and Super fans lol.

Makes sense, Gohan's most confident period.

This would be the first time Goku uses the Genki Dama in Super, right?
Yea with the large gap between buu saga and now next time I wanted to see a spirit bomb I wanted that thing to be massively outta this world
I'm thinking he made that quick, I mean he would have to anyway

Tamanon

Banned
Frieza did the trickery on Frost because he's shown he has an ability to just disappear and only pick off weaker, almost finished opponents.

Frieza could've overpowered him, but decided to do a plan that would neutralize Frost's speed and ability to run away.

That spirit bomb looking kinda sub par tho. Ima assume he can make one mad quick now and that's the result

Where is he even getting the energy from? No way the U7 fighters in the ring are going to give him energy while they're trying to conserve stamina. The eliminated U7 contestants are probably not allowed. Nobody from another universe is giving it in the ring. And there's nothing living in this empty universe the tournament is in.

Where is he even getting the energy from? No way the U7 fighters in the ring are going to give him energy while they're trying to conserve stamina. The eliminated U7 contestants are probably not allowed. Nobody from another universe is giving it in the ring. And there's nothing living in this empty universe the tournament is in.
Well now y'all done made it even worse.

caliph95

Zeno doesn't really care

They would likely allow it because it's cool

Reset

.....It's been retconned just like the earrings. Spirit Bomb does not actually require energy from living things anymore.

According to someone in this thread, there are different forms of ki and the ki used for the Spirit Bomb (called genKI) is not taking energy from the same source that people normally use to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom