• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeno doesn't really care

They would likely allow it because it's cool

Even then it's Krillin, Tien, and Roshi's energy. Not the best pool of spirit bomb batteries there. Unless Geets gets the boot before that point. Even then that's not going to compare to the spirit bomb against Kid Buu who Jiren totally outclasses.

longdi

Banned
At first i didnt like how much work Freeza did to get to Frost. Then i think Frost was the one who approached Freeza to work together.

Freeza being a dick, played along to get Frost hopes up and then trollolol him. It probably wasn't much of stamina drain for him too. Freeza also wanted to do the reverse psychological thing, now U7 believes he is on their side now.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
KOM9yZ1.gif

Just noticed Goku is at Max power here(blue + kaioken). His resolve will tank a bit if Jiren just swats the attack away.

Freeza getting rid of Frost was fine for me. I wish they wouldn't have wiped Frost out of existence so fast though and made it seem like a bigger deal than what happened.

As for Freeza he's about to become a bigger player from this point on since all of the other characters have gotten their moments.

ajim

I knew Frieza would betray frost. He's the master trickster and schemer from day 1. A man with a plan that only involves himself.

Frost was shit lol

HardRojo

According to someone in this thread, there are different forms of ki and the ki used for the Spirit Bomb (called genKI) is not taking energy from the same source that people normally use to fight.

Well, genki means something like "life force" I think (I use it when speaking Japanese, but don't know its literal translation), so I always assumed the reason people got tired after sharing their energy for the Genki Dama was that they were literally giving away some of that life force, so yeah, it's different than the usual energy the characters create for their attacks.

Well, genki means something like "life force" I think (I use it when speaking Japanese, but don't know its literal translation), so I always assumed the reason people got tired after sharing their energy for the Genki Dama was that they were literally giving away some of that life force, so yeah, it's different than the usual energy the characters create for their attacks.

Oh so I guess that would drain them anyway

Super will probably just ignore that effect lol

HeroR

Buu has been underutilized in his new role as a good person, plus has a far more interesting fighting style.
Frieza is a character that has been given far too many second chances, and all he has done so far is act out of character by stealing Frost's gimmick while removing him from the arc.

Even if I wasn't tired of seeing Frieza, I'd still be unhappy about how he acted in this episode.

Buu may have a more interesting fighting style, but character wise, Frieza shits on him.

HeroR

He always comes out looking strong in the end, even in losses the main event is Mr.Gok.

Closest he came to not being the main event was Mr.Black, by even then Gok did the most visible damage to Zamasu and was the one who brought Zeno to end it when Trunks made it worse.

Are you purposely spelling Goku's name wrong?

Now its pretty obvious Jiren is gonna swat that spirit bomb away like a fly, but assuming Goku doesn't know that is he straight up attempting to murder Jiren

Unbounded

Why do they keep teasing the "someone is going to kill another fighter" bit. We know just about nobody is stupid enough to do that intentionally, and Frieza DEFINITELY isn't stupid enough to do that.

Frieza being in this tournament is one of the best fucking decisions ever. He's so god damn good. I'd be very surprised if he isn't the universe 7 top 3. Very surprised.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Why do they keep teasing the "someone is going to kill another fighter" bit. We know just about nobody is stupid enough to do that intentionally, and Frieza DEFINITELY isn't stupid enough to do that.
What if Goku accidently kills some weakling with the spirit bomb when it fails to work on Jiren? "Something terrible will happen" indeed.

People were disappointed with Gohan this episode? I certainly wasn't for a couple reasons.

1 - Gohan wasn't using his full power at all
2 - He knew Frieza wasn't entirely serious, and intentionally played along to sell the impending backstab.
3 - Gohan did just about the same this episode as Goku does in other episodes, trying to defeat his opponent without utilizing his full power.

Oh, and btw, Frieza, shocking as it may seem, was actually teaching Gohan this episode.

People were disappointed with Gohan this episode? I certainly wasn't for a couple reasons.

2 - He knew Frieza wasn't entirely serious, and intentionally played along to sell the impending backstab.
3 - Gohan did just about the same this episode as Goku does in other episodes, trying to defeat his opponent without utilizing his full power.

Oh, and btw, Frieza, shocking as it may seem, was actually teaching Gohan this episode.

How so?

HeroR

I personally saw Frieza's comment when he said, "I wouldn't be so careless", as a take that against the fandom who kept insisting that he will kill someone and the no kill rule would be dropped.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Gohan playing along with Freeza's plan is a dynamic I didn't expect so it was interesting how that worked out.

Unbounded

Actually wondering what they'll have him do. Tank it? Swat it away? GRAB IT AND THROW IT BACK?

Probably just shimmy to the left about five meters.

Crap is it on break next week?

I like buu but frieza is much more compelling here because he's so much less predictable

He's super predictable when you look at it from the standpoint of "They're trying to make sure he reclaims his throne as the single biggest dick to exist in all of anime".

Currently he's gunning for Dio's position, and Hisoka will be next.

Calling it now.

U7 wins the tournament and Goku wishes for all universes and people erased by Zeno to come back and be allocated into U7.

In the next arc it's revealed that the real reason that Zeno erased U13-18 is that an evil force was ruling over them. That said force comes back, kills both Zenos and a war begins between it and all the universes.

M.D

Now that the Frieza-Frost storyline is out of the way, I'm wondering what they're going to do with Frieza next in this tournament

He still wants to rule over Zeno and hates just about everyone, I just wonder where that comes into play.

Calling it now.

U7 wins the tournament and Goku wishes for all universes and people erased by Zeno to come back and be allocated into U7.

In the next arc it's revealed that the real reason that Zeno erased U13-18 is that an evil force was ruling over them. That said force comes back, kills both Zenos and a war begins between it and all the universes.

I wouldn't be mad

Dark_castle

This is best episode for me so far in the arc. I actually liked how unpredictable Frieza was, since I thought he genuinely wanted to work with Frost.

AdanVC

Been feeling down lately so I started drawing this based in the manga illustrations by Toriyama to cheer up. This is what I have so far. I tighted the pencils for Goku already. Bulma and the motorcycle still in rough state. Planning to do a full colored piece of this hope I don't ruin it!

Varna

Basically giving energy to the spirit bomb won't do anything to their stamina.

Don't know if that's true, I just remember reading a post in here saying that.

It kind of makes sense. Goku generally falls back on the Spirit Bomb when he is out of energy and has no other option. Also, it's been pretty obvious since the beginning that it's not his own energy he uses when he charges it.

In that clip he is clearly transformed and at max power though. Doesn't make sense why he would do that though.

Anyhow, that whole thing was Frost was pretty stupid... He could have just taken Frost out at any point anyways. What was the point of that act? Maybe to gain Gohan's trust? If anything it just foreshadows him betraying them later at some point... You can't trust anyone as Freeza put it.

Protome

Calling it now.

That relies on complexity in storytelling that Super has proven itself time and time again to not have.

My prediction:
Time runs out, U6 and U7 have the same number of fighters left, Zeno lets both universes survive. Tournament ends. The wish is used for something pointless like Bulma's panties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom