• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrigidEh

Did they do the surrounded by ki blasts about to all explode inward three times tonight? Feels like they just decide to repeat stuff when they need to fill time.

Xandalan

Neo Member
Episode covered most of what I was wanting. Yay for Piccolo first off. Loved seeing both Gohan's intellect and just sheer power on display here tanking those hits. I admit seeing Universe 10's quiet dignity about their fate had me tearing up. They all seemed nice and their angel being sad got me. I guess I wanted more of a reaction out of Gohan but I guess he mentally prepared himself before the tournament.

LotusHD

Banned
You're asking the wrong person. I mean, even Carrot has megatits (mostly a fault of Oda's inability to draw decent-looking female characters, but still), so Sorrel's design is a huge breath of fresh air for me.

Are you referring to the anime? Because like, Carrot in the manga doesn't have what I would generally consider to be "megatits" lol

She is literally the reason (well, a contributing reason) why I want to see U7 lose the tournament.

Well damn lol

Android 17 is kind of the best thing to happen to this arc

Fixed.
Still love ya Beerus

caliph95

I do appreciate with Piccolo and Gohan especially Gohan fight that even though it was short, that it goes beyond brute force and just being stronger and Gohan actually uses his brain to try and overcome. It's not just a case of in Goku and u9 just transform or kale, Cauliflower and 17 and just using brute force and being more powerful

It's not jojo or hxh levels but in super it's a start and I appreciate it

HardRojo

that amulet really hit home, especially since gohan could have been on that other side of that with having a wife and kid to fight for. :/

*pours 40*

Yeah, I think that's what they wanted to convey in that scene, Gohan has Videl and Pan so it pains him to be the one in the "evil" side from his opponent's point of view.

I wonder what the context behind Goku bringing SSG back will be, I hope they have a good explanation for it and please, no ritual again... let him just power into it.

Choabac

WHAT? RED'S BACK?

I don't care what anyone says, I've been saying for like over a year that it's so much better than blue. And the preview shows that immediately. eff Blue.

I don't read spoilers so i wonder if I'm super late....

I much prefer red to blue as well. Especially how Goku looks younger and leaner. Hmmm, actually, because he'll look younger as red, will that mean that caulifla will stop calling him old man?

I had a little chuckle that Beerus didn't know Gohan's name. Just called him Goku's son. Dammit Beerus you only have remember the names of the 10 people that are keeping you alive.

LotusHD

Banned
I do appreciate with Piccolo and Gohan especially Gohan fight that even though it was short, that it goes beyond brute force and just being stronger and Gohan actually uses his brain to try and overcome. It's not just a case of in Goku and u9 just transform or kale, Cauliflower and 17 and just using brute force and being more powerful

It's jojo or hxh levels but in super it's a star5 and I appreciate it

Now I want to see a DBS/Jojo crossover

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I know I can always count on you!
Someone posted before, saturday they will reprise the episodes of the week.

So its 5 Episodes for week.
Do you have a link for it?
Did they do the surrounded by ki blasts about to all explode inward three times tonight? Feels like they just decide to repeat stuff when they need to fill time.
Piccolo's fight against 17 was recorded and uploaded to GodTube, where U11 and U2 took an interest on it

Mory Dunz

It made Hellzone grenade (dunno the jp name) stupid

They've done the surround thing like 3 times the past two weeks. So when Piccolo actually does it, it has no punch even though it's one of his signature attacks.

I...don't even know the reasoning.

I much prefer red to blue as well. Especially how Goku looks younger and leaner. Hmmm, actually, because he'll look younger as red, will that mean that caulifla will stop calling him old man?

I had a little chuckle that Beerus didn't know Gohan's name. Just called him Goku's son. Dammit Beerus you only have remember the names of the 10 people that are keeping you alive.

Same with Zeno lol.

It made Hellzone grenade (dunno the jp name) stupid

They've done the surround thing like 3 times the past two weeks. So when Piccolo actually does it, it has no punch even though it's one of his signature attacks.

I...don't even know the reasoning.

Yup that's how I felt too

And as for the NEP, meh about SSG, always disliked that form. And geez, is Goku really teaming up with Hit? :/ Poor Pride Troopers, only Toppo and Jiren will remain by the end of next episode I guess
So how we feeling about U2 tonight
They keep on being one of the best universes

HardRojo

So how we feeling about U2 tonight

I'm actually expecting the Yardrat to be the strongest foe from that Universe lol, and that race is supposed to be all about techniques, not actual combat... guess they banished that Yardrat from U7 for being too good and handsome.

caliph95

I'm more surprised Vegeta never went back to finish his fight with Ribrianne.

So how many episodes is everyone guessing it'll take to get to Frieza actually doing something?
I have a feeling frost is helping Frieda by taking out his u7 teammates so Frieda would be left with super dragon balls

Skeeter49

I feel bad for the pride troopers, because they're doing the right thing and attacking U6, but Goku keeps stopping them for some reason.

When Goku showed up to watch Gohan, I was expecting him to help Botamo for a second.

mas8705

So we can all agree that 17 is U7's MVP at the moment, right? Right.

Let me check something.
Going off of the wiki, here are the elimination totals. Also bear in mind that if there was an "assist" on an elimination, I'm counting that as half.

Tien- .5 (Helped Roshi with one elimination)
Master Roshi-1 (he helped take out two opponents, so they add to one)
Basil-1 (He got the first elimination! Also the only elimination his universe got)
Frost- 1 (Poor Krillin...)
Hit- 1 (Can't think of anything to say...)
Ribrianne- 1 (Roll out!)
Piccolo- 1 (with the most savage quote before an elimination)
Jimeze-1 (Yardrat Knight Represent!)
Krillin- 2 (Two assist eliminations and one clean one with a stinky shoe)
Frieza-2 (Think it is fair to count intimidating your opponent to jump out of the ring)
Cabba- 2 (One after the other)
Gohan-2 (a good start for him so far)
Android 17- 2 (kicked one into the spectator bench and the other was blasted out)
Caulifla- 2.5 (One elimination and three others with Kale)
Kale- 3.5 (Two eliminations while Berserk and helped Caulifla with the three others from U11)
Android 18- 3.5 (helped Krillin with one guy. Otherwise, three clean eliminations)
Goku and Vegeta- 4.5 each (Three eliminations and splitting the three between the two for taking out the Trio. All from Universe 9)

So at the moment, Goku and Vegeta are tied with the most eliminations while 18 and Kale are right behind. Meanwhile, Caulifla is one elimination behind Kale and we have a five-way tie for 6th.

HeroR

It's not jojo or hxh levels but in super it's a start and I appreciate it

Gohan did win by using brute force. He went Ultimate and tanked hits until the guy got tired.

Also kind of disappointed that Goku told Gohan about Botamo instead of seeing how Gohan would have handled him blind. But it was clever how he dealt with him since Botamo once again overestimated his ability, however, that Kamehameha shouldn't have ringed him out since he absorbed a Kamehameha in the Champa Saga without moving.

Gohan's fight with U10 was interesting, but I kind of wished he didn't brute force it. Piccolo, Imo, was lame since they just copied his fight with 17 and had his technique land.

Unbounded

Ribrianne is disappointing me.

Also Goku has way too many forms now if we're actually including SSG.

EDIT: How many fighters are left now?

Let me check something.
Going off of the wiki, here are the elimination totals. Also bear in mind that if there was an "assist" on an elimination, I'm counting that as half.

Tien- .5 (Helped Roshi with one elimination)
Master Roshi-1 (he helped take out two opponents, so they add to one)
Basil-1 (He got the first elimination! Also the only elimination his universe got)
Frost- 1 (Poor Krillin...)
Hit- 1 (Can't think of anything to say...)
Ribrianne- 1 (Roll out!)
Piccolo- 1 (with the most savage quote before an elimination)
Jimeze-1 (Yardrat Knight Represent!)
Krillin- 2 (Two assist eliminations and one clean one with a stinky shoe)
Frieza-2 (Think it is fair to count intimidating your opponent to jump out of the ring)
Cabba- 2 (One after the other)
Gohan-2 (a good start for him so far)
Android 17- 2 (kicked one into the spectator bench and the other was blasted out)
Caulifla- 2.5 (One elimination and three others with Kale)
Kale- 3.5 (Two eliminations while Berserk and helped Caulifla with the three others from U11)
Android 18- 3.5 (helped Krillin with one guy. Otherwise, three clean eliminations)
Goku and Vegeta- 4.5 each (Three eliminations and splitting the three between the two for taking out the Trio. All from Universe 9)

So at the moment, Goku and Vegeta are tied with the most eliminations while 18 and Kale are right behind. Meanwhile, Caulifla is one elimination behind Kale and we have a five-way tie for 6th.
The uni6&7 show.

Uni2 knock some fools out already

caliph95

I feel bad for the pride troopers, because they're doing the right thing and attacking U6, but Goku keeps stopping them for some reason.

When Goku showed up to watch Gohan, I was expecting him to help Botamo for a second.
It won't be out of character

Gohan:wtf are you doing dad
Goku: n_n I'm just keeping thing fair just like cell

Laiza

Are you referring to the anime? Because like, Carrot in the manga doesn't have what I would generally consider to be "megatits" lol
Eh, with how incredibly skinny her frame is....

Actually, I just think Oda has a poor grasp of anatomy in general, but especially so with his female characters. There's just something off-putting about the way he draws them. Glad Toriyama doesn't have the same issue.

Neoxon

The last U10 warrior was cool, too bad for him

1PQQIwQ.png

The face of somebody who doesn't like what he just had to do.
Poor Gohan

But yeah, I really enjoyed this spade. Hopefully 17 remains relevant after this arc. He's having way more fun with this than I expected him to.

mas8705

Just going to spruce up my elimination ranking a touch. It will be a fun activity to do at the end of each episode until the tournament ends.

Eliminations Rankings:
1) Goku & Vegeta- 4.5 Eliminations
3) Android 18 & Kale- 3.5 Eliminations
5) Caulifla- 2.5 Eliminations
6)Krillin, Frieza, Cabba, Android 17, Gohan- 2 Eliminations
11) Basil, Master Roshi, Frost, Hit, Ribianne, Jimeze & Piccolo- 1 Elimination
18) Tien- One Assist...

Probably could break it down even further in terms of assists vs eliminations, but that might be taking it a bit too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom