• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Tenshinhan isn't a human.

Tien ia human. He just had some alien DNA in him since someone in his deep history was an alien. According to Toriyama, there are a lot of humans with alien DNA in Dragon Ball's Earth, which is why the humans in Dragon Ball looked weird a times.

Style

Banned
he's the strongest character who's at least half earthling, yea

Now we're just throwing semantics around, it's pretty obvious what's meant when they say Kuririn is the strongest earthling.

Tien ia human. He just had some alien DNA in him since someone in his deep history was an alien. According to Toriyama, there are a lot of humans with alien DNA in Dragon Ball's Earth, which is why the humans in Dragon Ball looked weird a times.

I don't think there's a definitive answer from Toriyama on it. Given that the title of strongest earthling goes to someone who continually jobs before him and the beliefs of several production staff members, I'd wager Tenshinhan doesn't count as someone from Earth.

MKIL65

but do we know who/where/what Tien's parents are?

tumblr_inline_nyeiei4PWd1te9ub5_400.png

I dunno guys, let's ask Launch! ...Oh

dci260

Gohan is half earthling, half alien.

Guys, seriously...

How about this? Goku is an alien raised on Earth, just as Tien is according to the tweet labeling him a descendant of aliens. You say Tien is an Earthling, so wouldn't that make Goku one as well, and thus stronger than "The Strongest Earthling"?

Clearly Earthling is being used in place of human, Krillin's species.

;___;

I'm going down with the Tenshinhan ship, he'll do something awesome, you just wait!

I wish they would surprise me, but I've honestly abandoned all hope at this point.

dickroach

;___;

I'm going down with the Tenshinhan ship, he'll do something awesome, you just wait!

I don't think anyone dislikes him; him doing something awesome could/would be.... awesome; it's just that he's clearly weaker than half of the U7 team so he's as good as gone

HeroR

Now we're just throwing semantics around, it's pretty obvious what's meant when they say Kuririn is the strongest earthling.

I don't think there's a definitive answer from Toriyama on it. Given that the title of strongest earthling goes to someone who continually jobs before him and the beliefs of several production staff members, I'd wager Tenshinhan doesn't count as someone from Earth.

Toriyama called Krillin the strongest Earthling and Tien jobbed more than Krillin. Tien wasn't even part the Namek/Frieza Saga unlike Tien who was dead.

He is called an Earthling, plain and simple, while Gohan is always called a hybrid or a Saiyan.

Before the Future Trunks arc I always thought "Human" referred to a race while "Earthling" referred to the place of residence, so for example Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, and Turtle are all Earthlings but only Gohan is Human (half-human). Of course the Future Trunks arc made me aware of the confusing "Ningen" word in Japanese and I just stopped caring about the exact terminoogy anymore.

Style

Banned
It's all fun and games until you realise Uub lives now and is the strongest earthling.

Cell doesnt have a soul, has he? The only time we saw him in hell was in the Janemba movie I think...

I don't... actually know. But seeing as how A16, 17 and 18 can be revived Cell can too?

Toriyama called Krillin the strongest Earthling and Tien jobbed more than Krillin. Tien wasn't even part the Namek/Frieza Saga unlike Tien who was dead.

He is called an Earthling, plain and simple, while Gohan is always called a hybrid or a Saiyan.

Tenshinhan went out there because he got suicidal after Chaozu went out. Every fight after that Ten has been more active than Kuririn.

caliph95

Before the Future Trunks arc I always thought "Human" referred to a race while "Earthling" referred to the place of residence, so for example Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, and Turtle are all Earthlings but only Gohan is Human (half-human). Of course the Future Trunks made me aware of the confusing "Ningen" word in Japanese and I just stopped caring about the exact terminoogy anymore.
To be fair ningen is just Japanese and translation issue, though why official translators write it as human is confusing

caliph95

It's all fun and games until you realise Uub lives now and is the strongest earthling.

I don't... actually know. But seeing as how A16, 17 and 18 can be revived Cell can too?
17 and 18 are modified humans them being called Androids is due to translating what basically meant "artificial humans".
16 wasn't revived afaik
Cell was basically a biological robot so until confirmation he probably doesn't have a soul

Tenshan went out there because he got suicidal after Chaozu went out. Every fight after that Ten has been more active than Kuririn.

17 and 18 can be revived cause they were humans before. 16 and Cell were created artificially, so they dont got a soul, atleast thats my headcanon... 16 hasnt been revived, has he?

I wish Tienshinhan would have a cool moment, but it's not going to happen is it? :(

The Shin Kikoho against Semi-Perfect Cell is still one of the most badass moments in the entire series.

Uub has the most potential but I doubt he was actually stronger than Goku as of EoZ.

We don't know if 16 can be revived actually. He most likely can't since he wasn't.

Cell has a soul because when he exploded on Kaio's planet Kaio mentioned that Cell was still alive because his soul wasn't in the line to King Enma's office.

Style

Banned
Uub has the most potential but I doubt he was actually stronger than Goku as of EoZ.

Yeah, when I say strongest earthling I'm still not comparing him to Goku or the other half Saiyajins.

17 and 18 are modified humans them being called Androids is due to translating what basically meant "artificial humans".
16 wasn't revived afaik

17 and 18 can be revived cause they were humans before. 16 and Cell were created artificially, so they dont got a soul, atleast thats my headcanon... 16 hasnt been revived, has he?

Oic. WELL THEY COULD JUST WISH HIM BACK OR SOMETHING (not from the afterlife).

caliph95

Yeah, when I say strongest earthling I'm still not comparing him to Goku or the other half Saiyajins.

Oic. WELL THEY COULD JUST WISH HIM BACK OR SOMETHING (not from the afterlife).
They probably don't even need Crystal Balls, they can probably build him back if they really care

dci260

Style

Banned
Didn't Cell return as that horrible monster thing in DB Online? Toriyama was pretty involved in it, right?

dci260

Didn't Cell return as that horrible monster thing in DB Online? Toriyama was pretty involved in it, right?

Yea he did, Cell-X. Toriyama was supposedly involved with DBO, but who knows to what extent.

Animedia polled people in Tokyo.

I demand a larger sample size.

Those results are disgusting (I've been rooting for Gohan and 17 the most).

I never understood why Gero didn't collect the Dragon Balls and revive his son if he loved him enough to build a robot in his image.

Look how that has worked out for Pilaf.

I never understood why Gero didn't collect the Dragon Balls and revive his son if he loved him enough to build a robot in his image.

Maybe he tried, but Goku and others got in his way, so he invented those tiny robots oberserving them and is hatred for Goku kicked in?

Style

Banned
Maybe he tried, but Goku and others got in his way, so he invented those tiny robots oberserving them and is hatred for Goku kicked in?

I just remembered he'd have to wrestle Gohan for his hat to get the fourth Dragon Ball. The main cast are such a bunch of jerks just hogging that power to themselves. Like Bulma is already the richest person on Earth, let someone else use it already.

I think it's the typical villain logic where the dude is more interested in revenge than in actually undoing what makes him want revenge in the first place.

Similarly Magus in Chrono Trigger never actually tried to prevent the Fall of Zeal or his sister's "death"; all he wanted was to approach Lavos and get his little personal revenge on him at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom