• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

They exist?

Can't wait until the harsh truth comes out that Roshi is now stronger than Tien.
Dark times for Tien fans indeed.

Means very little when he's already on the bench.
Just remembered that Goku lying about the prize money cost us a sparring match between Tien and Krillin :(
Maybe that would have stopped Krillin from getting cocky.

In truth it's 18's fault. If 18 didn't fuck up, Krillin wouldn't have to save her, and he never would have left the circle.
None of those U4 fighters would have given her trouble.

Unbounded

Somewhere in an Alternate universe they managed to put Arale on the team instead of Frieza, and essentially guaranteed their victory.

Slaythe

Means very little when he's already on the bench.

Strength has nothing to do with being out though.

Also I kinda hate how they try to play Goku = Frieza.

Like... wow gonna be sooo tense, they're equal and... Goku can just instantly go ten times stronger. Great.

exfatal

Krillen took out 2 people and saved one of their MVP players, he's done great for the amount of time he has been there. Better question is what has Tien done that was worth while?

Mory Dunz

Episodes 1-2
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
Episodes 15-18
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
Episode 25 (Episode length- 23mins 24secs) watch 12:02-14:38 (takes place during Resurrection F)
Episodes 28+

You do miss some changes that they made in regards to both movies, but it really isn't all that important; and in the case of RoF, I would say some of it is for the worse *cough* Ginyu *cough*.

Maybe I need to rewatch the movie again, but I thought the fight with Beerus was actually handled better in Super than BoG (if you skip that weird punching part)

But since BoG had better animation (with some bad 3D) I guess I'd say watch both imo.

Morlas

enojo-saiyan.gif

Slaythe

Maybe I need to rewatch the movie again, but I thought the fight with Beerus was actually handled better in Super than BoG (if you skip that weird punching part)

But since BoG had better animation (with some bad 3D) I guess I'd say watch both imo.

Actually, the ugly ass cgi scene in BoG kind of ruins it.

But Super ruined all the jokes in the movies, added shitty stuff like Super Saiyan videl and universe destroying crap, killed the momentum with episode 12 ... I feel like it's just better to watch the movie to catch up.

But I think the fight was a lot more interesting in Super. New powers shown etc..

The last two episodes have been pretty... underwhelming. I was hoping the powers displayed would be something that forces all of the members to fight full power and instead I'm seeing shit that likely Super Saiyan Goku or Vegeta could beat up in 2 seconds. I mean, these guys should be the STRONGEST IN THEIR UNIVERSES.

So far the only one that stands out to be a menace is going to be Jiren (as expected) and Hit although he hasn't done much except walk around.

YoungOne

When will Frieza get pissed there's a saiyan with green hair now?
Now was an easy one Toei. They're not even trying now :(
I really thought they were going to have him comment on kale's form on episode 100 maybe even have him target her, but no nothing.

Krillen took out 2 people and saved one of their MVP players, he's done great for the amount of time he has been there. Better question is what has Tien done that was worth while?

This. As for Tien being a descendent of aliens... He was still born and raised on earth, still makes him an earthling. With a training partner like 18, I'm not sure how Krillin couldn't be stronger. Who the heck would Tien even train with?

Slaythe

Well, this was what Toshio said a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/toshio916/status/888066671738408960

"a general view" means what he thinks personally not what it is in the writers room.

He made that very clear. But the youtubers and co keep omitting that and twist his words.

This fanbase didn't deserve a guy like Toshio.

This. As for Tien being a descendent of aliens... He was still born and raised on earth, still makes him an earthling. With a training partner like 18, I'm not sure how Krillin couldn't be stronger. Who the heck would Tien even train with?

Gohan and 17 are earthlings too then if you wanna play it like that.

Also, the idea that you need a partner to get stronger instead of getting stronger on your own is preposterous. Tien is bad because he's just shit, even if he trained with Goku that wouldn't change. Remember his sparring with Gohan...........

LaNaranja

The last two episodes have been pretty... underwhelming. I was hoping the powers displayed would be something that forces all of the members to fight full power and instead I'm seeing shit that likely Super Saiyan Goku or Vegeta could beat up in 2 seconds. I mean, these guys should be the STRONGEST IN THEIR UNIVERSES.

So far the only one that stands out to be a menace is going to be Jiren (as expected) and Hit although he hasn't done much except walk around.

At least now you can understand why Zeno was just going to go ahead and kill them all without a second though. Maybe the real shit starts next season once we get to see the universes that weren't shit tier.

Episode 78

So uhhhhh, did Goku just doom 11 universes to their deaths? That's kinda fucked up. I hope whoever wins the tournament uses the super balls to bring back all the destroyed universes, if that's even possible.

Skeeter49

Episode 78

So uhhhhh, did Goku just doom 11 universes to their deaths? That's kinda fucked up. I hope whoever wins the tournament uses the super balls to bring back all the destroyed universes, if that's even possible.

In Goku's defense he didn't know Zeno would destroy the universes.
Counterargument to that point: Everyone has told Goku to beware Zeno and not to trust him.

Kaze Kyou

Oof. To be a Tien fan is suffering. :(

And with that, I'm out. Subbed for future shenanigans, however with the amount of hate not only for Tien, but even for other characters such as the awesome new U6 female Saiyan is down right toxic . Some of the convos in here can get down right vicious. :/

Glad 17 and Gohan are getting their due screen time, but damn no need to kick others' favourites while they're down.

In Goku's defense he didn't know Zeno would destroy the universes.
Counterargument to that point: Everyone has told Goku to beware Zeno and not to trust him.
Yeah, it's true he didn't know, and it's possible they would've made this a rule had they decided to do a tournament on their own, but man, this is nuts.

Some of the gods, Kais, and angels from the other universes look really interesting, like that black, Egyptian looking goddess. Also what the hell at the clown god, haha.

To play Devil's Advocate, Zeno was going to destroy all eight of the universes anyway, this gives those universes a chance to save themselves.

Again though, I don't think most of the figthers knew that so they have every right to hate Goku.

To play Devil's Advocate, Zeno was going to destroy all eight of the universes anyway, this gives those universes a chance to save themselves.

Again though, I don't think most of the figthers knew that so they have every right to hate Goku.

I honestly think it would have made for a much more interesting arc if this justification wasn't given. Goku doesn't fight to protect people, at least he hasn't for quite a while. I mean, he obviously will... but as has been shown throughout Super, he's just as willing to fight without the world being at stake. His predominant motivation has been simply to have fights. He could actually have learned something from this arc and grew his character if only a little.

I'm enjoying Super for what it is... but it just feels like they aren't willing to take any serious risks at all with the series.

I honestly think it would have made for a much more interesting arc if this justification wasn't given. Goku doesn't fight to protect people, at least he hasn't for quite a while. I mean, he obviously will... but as has been shown throughout Super, he's just as willing to fight without the world being at stake. His predominant motivation has been simply to have fights. He could actually have learned something from this arc and grew his character if only a little.

I'm enjoying Super for what it is... but it just feels like they aren't willing to take any serious risks at all with the series.
I don't think it really matters though, even if that wasn't the case I don't think Goku would care. He's still pissing about enjoying fights instead of taking it seriously like the universe is actually at stake.

Ashodin

I don't know exactly what the conditions are for going to community but I'm pretty sure I've seen OTs for shows at an OT number bigger than 8 that were still on this side.
I'm sure Kagari wants us here because we discuss the new episode weekly, and TV show OTs are allowed to stay in the OT while episodes air (see Rick and Morty)

dci260

Oof. To be a Tien fan is suffering. :(
Tien used to be right up there with Gohan and Piccolo as one of my favorite characters, but after the way he has been dragged through the mud in Super, I have now come to terms with the fact that he will forever be useless. The writers want him to be shit, and I suppose he always kind of was, and so it's time to give up on him.

I really don't like these tournament rules. I already know there are going to be characters from the other universes I end up liking, and having them get wiped out because they lose a garbage ass battle royale will suck. That said, I'm not entirely convinced the whole universe erasing thing is actually gonna happen. I think something will stop it from happening.

HeroR

Previews have been pretty inaccurate in some areas the last few weeks. In 99, Krillin was supposed to be disqualified.
In 101 Kale and Caulifla weren't mentioned.
In 102 the 3 magical girls were supposed to fuse.
My guess is
they meant SSB and just called it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

My favorite is still the summery that said that Tien had some tricky techniques in his battle against Gohan and Piccolo in Episode 90 and he ended up being wiped to the point that it was basically a 2v1.

No one takes away Zeno's play toys, but Zeno himself.

In all seriousness, if someone from the winning universes dies, they're kind of fucked in that situation. And theoretically fights should be more interesting when forced to hold back. Otherwise what's stopping Frieza from spamming Death Ball, and Krillin from spamming Destructo Discs.

It's obvious what's going to happen, every universe gets destroyed but 7, and Goku the idiot that he is, wishes that all the universes and people destroyed by Zeno get brought back, and because Goku isn't specific, the 6 universes Zeno destroyed years ago get brought back, and we have the 18 universes again.

Maybe they remember Zeno killed Zamasu and he gets wished back.

v0A3sP0.jpg

dci260

My favorite is still the summery that said that Tien had some tricky techniques in his battle against Gohan and Piccolo in Episode 90 and he ended up being wiped to the point that it was basically a 2v1.
Having himself zigzagged through a mountain wasn't tricky enough for you?

HeroR

Strength has nothing to do with being out though.

Also I kinda hate how they try to play Goku = Frieza.

Like... wow gonna be sooo tense, they're equal and... Goku can just instantly go ten times stronger. Great.

Hey, does this mean that Goku is stronger than Vegeta without the Kaioken since they count Goku being equal to Frieza?

Actually, the ugly ass cgi scene in BoG kind of ruins it.

But Super ruined all the jokes in the movies, added shitty stuff like Super Saiyan videl and universe destroying crap, killed the momentum with episode 12 ... I feel like it's just better to watch the movie to catch up.

But I think the fight was a lot more interesting in Super. New powers shown etc..

I don't see why people have problems with this. Cell could wiped a solar system and Super Saiyan God makes Cell Saga looked like the beginning of Dragon Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom