• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Revven

dont think you can transfer that

Not true, you can transfer any clothing from the first game. The only things you cannot transfer are:

Super Saiyan transformations
Kaioken
Unlocked Potential
Bardock's skills
Whis' skills

Any of those that you do happen to transfer just get changed into zeni/TP Medals. It's better to transfer stuff that will actually transfer, however, because you're getting zeni & TP medals based on what you did in the first game anyway.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What's even more strange is that they still left out 19/20, Dabra & Frieza/Cells forms. They didn't even go all the way with the movie characters. Where is Hirudergen, Tapian, Bojack, Garlic, 13/14/15 & Wheelo? Seems like they pushed Turles & Slug a lot.
Tapion is a big one for me. He's the coolest movie character and they could have even copy/pasted Super Trunks' moves and recolored his beams or something. The game needs more swordfighters. Tapion has hardly been in ANY DB games.

I like the Moviedroids too, but I'm not sure what their movesets would be. Their fused form is ugly as sin and would likely be what made it into the game.

Kalentan

Not true, you can transfer any clothing from the first game. The only things you cannot transfer are:

Super Saiyan transformations
Kaioken
Unlocked Potential
Bardock's skills
Whis' skills

Any of those that you do happen to transfer just get changed into zeni/TP Medals. It's better to transfer stuff that will actually transfer, however, because you're getting zeni & TP medals based on what you did in the first game anyway.

Fuck it I'm getting this game. I didn't realize clothing transferred. Well shiiiiiiit.

I know that may seem like a small thing but character customization was my favorite element.

Revven

Fuck it I'm getting this game. I didn't realize clothing transferred. Well shiiiiiiit.

I know that may seem like a small thing but character customization was my favorite element.

Keep in mind that it's only the clothing you have equipped onto your character in XV1 (thus only one set of clothing transfers). So, change your XV1 character's clothing to what you want to have for XV2 and you'll be fine.

Kalentan

Keep in mind that it's only the clothing you have equipped onto your character in XV1 (thus only one set of clothing transfers). So, change your XV1 character's clothing to what you want to have for XV2 and you'll be fine.

Wait... Wouldn't that also mean that my character will be using the same outfit in the cutscenes?

Lgndryhr

So never got to try this during beta due to the server issues.

I skipped the first one and have wanted a new Dragon Ball game since Budokai and Burst Limit. If I really liked them, would I like this? Was never a big fan of the other home console iterations.

Durden77

Yes. If that bothers you, then, welp.

There is, pre-load went up on Saturday iirc.

Oh what really? Never preordered on PSN befofe. Do I have to do it manually or if my PSN is on automatic downloads will it do it? Need to get it going while I'm at work.

Slaythe

Kitoro

season pass. downloadable soundtrack. also from amazon we get bonus playable character from Dragon Ball Super, the Tao Pai Pai Stick Vehicle and a free Dragon Ball Z Vol. 1 digital code from Comixology.

There's no season pass in the CE, sadly. Also, the bonuses you listed are included in the box with all day one copies. If the $150 CE included the season pass, I'd be all over it.

Durden77

Set it manually (have to check a box) and then just leave on rest mode.

So I got my gf to turn on my PS4, I'm at work, and on the PS Store download que page it says it's playable. Does that mean it's pre-loaded?

Also it's saying it's having an error downloading the pre order bonus. Wtf is that about?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Check this bad boy out

TQ2vehq.jpg

Revven

So you can't transfer the Transform skills because that was changed? How does it work now?

Transformations now are their own slot, basically. They have a slot called "Awakening" (they're calling them awakenings much like in Storm 4; don't ask me why). Super Saiyan is its own skill and carries SS1-3, for instance. Kaioken carries not just Kaioken but also x3, x10, and x20.

The way the transformations work is that depending on how many bars of Ki you have is the level of the transformation you will go into. For example, if you have 3 bars, it's SS1. If you have 4, it's SS2, and if you have 5 it's SS3. For something like Kaioken it's going to start differently since there's more forms of Kaioken than there are Super Saiyan.

Super Saiyan no longer removes the Ki cost of supers/ultimates, anything you perform while in SS costs Ki but you also cannot regain Ki without a charge skill. In addition, your Ki bar doesn't drain while SS so you retain the form until you decide to detransform. Detransforming into your base form will allow you to regain Ki back. The transformations also give you stat boosts. Something like 5% increase to blast supers/ults for SS1, 7% for SS2, and 10% for SS3. Strikes and basic attacks also get increased but there's no data for these yet because nobody has done the testing for it that has the full game early so we're going to be waiting until tomorrow most likely for more concrete info on what stat boosts each transformation gives.

That pretty much covers it.

TheFlow

Banned
There's no season pass in the CE, sadly. Also, the bonuses you listed are included in the box with all day one copies. If the $150 CE included the season pass, I'd be all over it.
oh that sucks.
day one copy doesn't include soundtrack, figure(retails for 99 dollars by itself) guide(manga part in it).

collectors is a awesome deal if you ever planned to get the figure.

Dominator

Looking forward to this. I couldn't get connected to the beta the first day so I just deleted it and wanted to wait for the full game. Hope it works tomorrow lol

Finally pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the pc version. I think it's really cool that our old character shows up. When I was in high school for our literature magazine a friend of mine and I did a dbz fan fic story. My character was the one I made in xv1 in xv2 I'm gonna make hers

Vic_Viper

That Turles fighter video looks amazing. Soo pumped to get into this tomorrow.

Damn I want that figure. Wish I had found out about it sooner so I could have pre ordered it. Hope it wont be super limited, or can atleast buy it seprately down the road. I saw Gamestop has it for $99 but Amazon is selling them for $150. Not sure what to think about that.

How is the quality of the figure? Worth $100?

Santar

I really hope they don't lock some of the drops to the online only side of the game, like raids.
I'll mostly be playing this solo so being locked out of stuff would be such a let down.
That was one of the great parts about the first game, you never felt like you were missing out on anything if you played offline. You had the complete game.

That Turles fighter video looks amazing. Soo pumped to get into this tomorrow.

Damn I want that figure. Wish I had found out about it sooner so I could have pre ordered it. Hope it wont be super limited, or can atleast buy it seprately down the road. I saw Gamestop has it for $99 but Amazon is selling them for $150. Not sure what to think about that.

I would have preordered it day 1 if it had been Vegeta. i swear there has been so many great Goku statues why not give us Vegeta fans something for once!

As it's a limited Super MSP, it should easily be worth it. There are some variants of the figure, with the cheapest costing around 90-100€ (at least from what I've seen). And quality wise, you can never go wrong with MSP figures.

Vic_Viper

Is SSJ2 Trunks from the Cell saga playable or is it the Kid Trunks?

DBUSSJ2Trunks.jpg

Also can we make a custom character wearing his outfit? As in the battle armor without shoulder pads?

Didnt play the first one so I dont know what kind of customization options there were, can you change armor as you go? do you get better equipment that you can wear or are they just consumables?

Is SSJ2 Trunks from the Cell saga playable or is it the Kid Trunks?

DBUSSJ2Trunks.jpg

Also can we make a custom character wearing his outfit? As in the battle armor without shoulder pads?

Didnt play the first one so I dont know what kind of customization options there were, can you change armor as you go? do you get better equipment that you can wear or are they just consumables?

the armor itself is available as one of several Vegeta armors, and Saiyan males also start with a Time Patroller version of the shoulderless armor that can also have its color changed

Clothing can be changed in the hub world at any time and is obtained either through side quests or through purchase at stores.

Kalentan

I pre-ordered!

Not going to lie, when I saw the game was only 13 gb that made me almost sigh in relief. Considering how big many games are getting now.

Vic_Viper

I always preferred ascended saiyan for that transformation but ussj is certainly the most common name. I really hoped super would go back and rename some of these things

Yea not sure what qualifies as an Ultimate SS form, always preferred it as SSJ2 myself.

What is this version reffering too in the roster from the op: Future Trunks (Super) (Base, Super Saiyan 2) (Early Access/DLC)

ezodagrom

Yea not sure what qualifies as an Ultimate SS form, always preferred it as SSJ2 myself.

What is this version reffering too in the roster from the op: Future Trunks (Super) (Base, Super Saiyan 2) (Early Access/DLC)
Super Saiyan 2 is the transformation that Gohan reached during the Cell games, the ascended form is still a part of Super Saiyan 1.

That Trunks you listed with Super Saiyan 2 is from Dragon Ball Super.

Super Saiyan 2 is the transformation that Gohan reached during the Cell games, the ascended form is still a part of Super Saiyan 1.

That Trunks you listed with Super Saiyan 2 is from Dragon Ball Super.

Isn't this a new transformation since the lightning sparks are blue like ssb?

TheAznOne

With this in a few hours and Dokkan battle having its major event going on also suddenly, I don't know if I will be able to enjoy this game properly now. Real bad timing from Bamco.

sensui-tomo

only problem i'm going to have with this game is that i'm too used to hearing Team4Star's version of the characters. Wish i could get a poster of the game as i'm going to a con next week that has a good chunk of the game cast there (and T4S) to have them autograph.

Top Bottom