• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Fence Sitters - Footage You Need to See

ironcreed

Banned
These were posted in another thread on the game, but the footage is so good that it is deserving of it's own thread. For those who have been wanting some better footage, with more details, look no further than this series of videos by OXM.

Gameplay Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4

Pawn Guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...annotation_id=annotation_328000&v=qEsVmmXQqWA

Classes and Skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...annotation_id=annotation_379356&v=_c8krHCKHDI

flarealxc0.gif

Yo Gotti

Banned
I love how he enters a cave during the daytime, and it's so dark inside the cave that he can't see the dude standing right there at the entrance ready to whip ass.

This game has the potential to be scary as hell at night.

I know that moment in the preview when the Chimera attacked him from the shadows would have freaked me out.

Bentles

Wait a second. A game where there're enemies you should actually be scared of if you wander off into the wilderness? That's awesome!

DemonNite

will get this day one.

However, I can't stop thinking about the missed (?) opportunity of proper multiplayer.. damn it capcpom. It could have been amazing.

ironcreed

Banned
The Pawn System is going to be a lot more detailed and fun than many may have thought at first glance. Trying different pawns created by other players, reading all of their details in depth, choosing wisely depending on what you need to balance your party, rating them and sending back gifts. It will get very addictive. The AI looks like it does it's job very nicely as well.

skynidas

Banned
This reminds me a lot to Dark/Demon's Souls. I guess it's not as hard as those games but it looks very cool, definitely buying it. Also, that levitating looks awesome, lol.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The lighting is great and it looks like a really polished game. I'm still slightly skeptical, though, especially due to the lack of online co-op. It would have been the ultimate co-op game.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope it's not all combat and quest focused though. Like in an ES game you can do a lot just by wandering around cities and talking to people and read books and shit. I heard in the video you can mine and pick herbs but I haven't heard much about interaction in towns, outside of the basic shops and inns.

Derrick01

Banned
I still don't know if this game is even an RPG. Some have described it as an open-world DMC.

It seems to have most of the pieces that make up rpgs like stats and gear and quests but with competent combat. But I'm still wondering about the other stuff that I listed above, I don't want it to be all about combat. Sometimes I like to just chill in the towns and talk to people or goof off.

Red UFO

I thought this was going to be footage of amazing 'fence sitting technology' exclusive to this game.

Seriously.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Which one shows some good melee footage, most vids I've seen so far just show the dodgy bow stuff.

This actually looks really good - This year's Dark Souls?

It's a huge shame it's coming out just after Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3 though.

ironcreed

Banned
It seems to have most of the pieces that make up rpgs like stats and gear and quests but with competent combat. But I'm still wondering about the other stuff that I listed above, I don't want it to be all about combat. Sometimes I like to just chill in the towns and talk to people or goof off.

Well, we do know:

- You meet all sorts of people and traveling merchants
- There are stores and buildings to go in (with no loading)
- You can roam around, climb buildings and mess with wildlife and the population
- You earn a reputation and are treated accordingly
- There is loot to find

Plenty to do and probably more we have not yet seen.

You mean to say that day and night actually means something? You mean to say that a scary enemy at night in a cave is something that you shouldn't probably fuck with? You mean to say this is an RPG that might be deep and challenging with a rewarding skill based combat system?

Capcom does what Bethesda won't.

Pre-ordered.

Itsuno is awesome. He's one of the few studs Capcom JPN has left.

Card Boy

Banned
Reasons why i will wait for a $20 bomba.

1) Its Capcom <----- Number one reason. Scummy company. Been shat on many times by Capcom this generation. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
2) No PC version
3) They ditched Co-op

Top Bottom