• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma online | Import OT | Black Bars be gone!

Figured out Invert. Here's a quick shot of my character

CN3ZzrzUYAAdwp5.jpg

Never mind the low quality share to twitter picture, game itself looks great.

It's in the first Config Menu when you press the Start (Options) button. My cursor is highlighted on Y-Axis invert, X Axis is below it.

CN3dhXzUEAA4Byu.jpg

Another cute chatacter:

CN3dkOEUkAAs38m.jpg

celsowmbr

Banned
674DQG0h.jpg

Google t: If this page is displayed, there is mainly the following variable-billion property. If the "Dragons Dogma online" is in maintenance. ※ service to provide maintenance information "Dragons Dogma online" Please check the official member site customers from overseas if you are trying to connect to the "Dragons Dogma online" ※ "Dragons Dogma online", targeting Japan member and the ringing are connections from outside Japan can not be done.

:(

SoldnerKei

so I have a few questions, currently downloading for PS4:

I downloaded it with my Jap account, do I need to play it with that account or can I play it with my main account(the one with PSN+)?

Also seems like I just need to change the proxy for the first login right?

I loved DD:DA so I am really excited to try this out, even if I don't understand a thing xD

TokiDoki

I downloaded it with my Jap account, do I need to play it with that account or can I play it with my main account(the one with PSN+)?

I loved DD:DA so I am really excited to try this out, even if I don't understand a thing xD

Yup just need it for login , once it starts checking for version you can disconnect the proxy already .

You have to use a Proxy every single time you want to play, or the Launcher itself won't allow you to start the game.

I just tried using a new COG account on my US PSN name, and surprisingly, it worked! I just earned a trophy for starting a game on my US name.

Yup just need it for login , once it starts checking for version you can disconnect the proxy already .

but you can't just disconnect the proxy on PS4 without the entire connection dropping, then it boots you back to the Launcher which tells you you're IP blocked.

SoldnerKei

You have to use a Proxy every single time you want to play, or the Launcher itself won't allow you to start the game.

I just tried using a new COG account on my US PSN name, and surprisingly, it worked! I just earned a trophy for starting a game on my US name.

but you can't just disconnect the proxy on PS4 without the entire connection dropping, then it boots you back to the Launcher which tells you you're IP blocked.

alright, thanks for the clarification! :'D

No prob, I'm glad you asked, because I'd much rather play on my US account and earn trophies there, plus I can chat with my friends and easier to send share pictures and all that.

Pop

I can play on my US account but my brother can't play on his. He must use his Japanese account. Weird

Kalentan

674DQG0h.jpg

Google t: If this page is displayed, there is mainly the following variable-billion property. If the "Dragons Dogma online" is in maintenance. ※ service to provide maintenance information "Dragons Dogma online" Please check the official member site customers from overseas if you are trying to connect to the "Dragons Dogma online" ※ "Dragons Dogma online", targeting Japan member and the ringing are connections from outside Japan can not be done.

:(

Did you change the proxy (assuming your on console)? Otherwise you can't play.

Stimpack

Made a discord server for us to get together and chat / organize.

Not sure if the invite thing is on a per channel basis, or if it just gives you access to the whole thing. Made multiple voice / text channels for groups though. The voice activity setting is disabled in the general voice channel to maintain sanity.

Quote this post to see it.

Very interesting. How long has Discord been around? Have you had a good experience with it so far?

So far I've pretty much stuck to raidcall when I need something quick and painless. The phone app stuff also sounds fantastic, as I've not had much luck with other apps.

Kalentan

I might have to give up. :( My network runs just fine on wired but 90% of the proxy's I use (Elite and Anon) don't work. It will say in test that it connects to PSN but as soon as I load up the game it says it failed.

docbon

Very interesting. How long has Discord been around? Have you had a good experience with it so far?

So far I've pretty much stuck to raidcall when I need something quick and painless. The phone app stuff also sounds fantastic, as I've not had much luck with other apps.

I think it's a relatively new service. I've used it for a few weeks to stay in contact with my raid group for FFXIV. Took me only a few minutes to set up the channels and permissions, and costed no money. I haven't messed with the phone app though, so I couldn't tell you if it's good or not.

Btw, if anyone is shy about using a mic, or doesn't have one at all, you can still use the text chat channels for communication. typing /tts before your message activates text to speech as well.

Stimpack

I think it's a relatively new service. I've used it for a few weeks to stay in contact with my raid group for FFXIV. Took me only a few minutes to set up the channels and permissions, and costed no money. I haven't messed with the phone app though, so I couldn't tell you if it's good or not.

I'm really glad you brought this to my attention. I was surprised at how terrible the mobile apps were for other programs, and I've always dug the "no-fuss" VoIP approach. Teamspeak and such are great services, but I have no real need for whatever 50+ member chat rooms. A reliable service that has on-the-go functionality and can accommodate 10-20 people at most is all I've ever really needed. I can't thank you enough for mentioning it!

Also it has a pretty slick interface and the functionality seems good enough to prevent any complaints on my part.

I might have to give up. :( My network runs just fine on wired but 90% of the proxy's I use (Elite and Anon) don't work. It will say in test that it connects to PSN but as soon as I load up the game it says it failed.

Earlier i had to try like 10 different proxies before I found one that worked, and keeps working.

It's much harder for us PS4 people, but just keep trying, mine's been going great, just came back from a break and it's still good.

I can play on my US account but my brother can't play on his. He must use his Japanese account. Weird

Really odd.

Yuuichi

I played for a while and this is actually pretty fun, would love to set up a group with voice to work together. I'll get myself in that discord group tomorrow and should be online most of the day.

Kalentan

Earlier i had to try like 10 different proxies before I found one that worked, and keeps working.

It's much harder for us PS4 people, but just keep trying, mine's been going great, just came back from a break and it's still good.

Really odd.

By chance can you share that proxy? :(

Also, the game says i've gotten several new clothes and stuff for my character but i got literally nothing, in neither the storage box or on my character. Glitch? :(

Juras

Hey, is it possible on PS4 to hide whole HUD? I know how to remowe minimap,hp bar and quest log, but cant get rid off chat log and buttons guide.

AtsCjS8.png

Huh, so is there a timer on reviving pawns in this? My pawn dun goofed and her status is "lost" at the rift stone screen and inviting her to my party is blocked out.

Klart

I can't seem to find this game in the Japanese PSN Store (the webstore).

Searched for Dragon’s Dogma, Dragon, Dogma, online,... nothing. Just the first two PS3-games.

Can anyone give me the direct link? Or help me out?

IP lock? I'll just hold out for it to never get a EU release then.

I really hope a West version does come out, but nothing transfers from the Japanese version or anything like that. So that people who are starting out can "catch up". Complete with an overhaul/improvement, new items and new stuff. Similar to Dark Arisen having stuff.

Moot point though really if takes a year or more as many would have gotten fun out of it already and might even stop playing after having access to the Japanese version for so long.

Suddenly the launcher won't work. It gets past "Checking Save Data," then I get a pop-up with gibberish and the launcher closes.

Anyone else having the same experience?

The proxy I'm using says transparent but it bypasses the ip block anyways. My friend and I are both using it. So maybe try one that's transparent and see what happens.

Man.. what are the chances we get this in an English release? Maybe a Singapore version like PSO2? I need to climb some more dragons!

So I'm level 14 and the Guild quest guy ("Freddy" in the English patch) still isn't offering that quest. Neither he nor the barman have anything to say.

Aeana

If any of you PS4 users have an extra wireless device, it might be worth it to try sharing VPN'd internet from a computer with your PS4 so you can disable the VPN after login without interrupting your connection.

Top Bottom