• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake is living proof that "nice sentimental (soft) guys" don't finish last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Drake almost became the King of Pop in 2016?

Too bad for him this happened.

The_Weeknd_-_Starboy.png
lmao

jviggy43

Drake has been made fun of his whole career for being a "pansy emotional romantic soft kid". He got his big break for being on a Canadian teenage drama.

He's light skinned
So many of his songs are about whining over girls or being distraught over love, the exact opposite of the macho man douchebag personality that some guys think you have to be like to get laid.

And look, those same idiots who think you have to be narcissistic sociopathic assholes PUA to get hot tail would die to have drakes hit list.

Jlo
Rihanna
Nikki Minaj
Serena
Even the white queen Taylor swift.

Drake is not a 10/10 in terms of looks lol, and his public persona is not "I am the big macho man look at muh confidence" dickbag.

Same thing with jayZ. The guy who looks like joe camel got with Beyoncé, the biggest female pop star ever.

All I'm saying is, stop trying to be an alpha
Male dickbag and thinking that's how guys get laid

Thats because his fame circumvented his niceness OP.

Hes a successful multimillionaire.

Not exactly comparable to the endlessly friendzoned fedora wearing "nice guys" you seem to make the comparison to.

Women like confidence and assertiveness. And in some cases, massive success.

Afrocious

Drake has been made fun of his whole career for being a "pansy emotional romantic soft kid". He got his big break for being on a Canadian teenage drama.

He's light skinned
So many of his songs are about whining over girls or being distraught over love, the exact opposite of the macho man douchebag personality that some guys think you have to be like to get laid.

And look, those same idiots who think you have to be narcissistic sociopathic assholes PUA to get hot tail would die to have drakes hit list.

Jlo
Rihanna
Nikki Minaj
Serena

Drake is not a 10/10 in terms of looks lol, and his public persona is not "I am the big macho man look at muh confidence" dickbag.

Same thing with jayZ. The guy who looks like joe camel got with Beyoncé, the biggest female pop star ever.

All I'm saying is, stop trying to be an alpha
Male dickbag and thinking that's how guys get laid

OP is fucked up and hilarious to the point where I feel inclined to point stuff out. I'm on a tablet so please bear with me.

I will disseminate this post in order of the most severe, faulty, and depressing to the least, though my final observation should not be ignored.

1) This OP's conclusion's main point is that everything's he's written in the post is a means to having sex with attractive women. I opened this post expecting a genuine, though strange, argument that men should be more emotionally open with themselves for the sake of their own emotional health - which is a fatal problem with men.

OP is saying that a man should literally be more emotional to have sex with attractive women, which is sad. The OP's logic is mired in toxic masculinity, so I'm hoping some on GAF who reads his post don't take it to heart.

Though hilarious, OP is sad and I hope he receives help in figuring out what make sure him happy in life. It's terrible going down the rabbit hole of seeing sex as a solely a thing a man has with as many women he seems worthy. Sex is more than that, even when doing it casually. Sex isn't some end goal or achievement, and seeing as such will ruin you and may cause you to harm others - emotionally, mentally, and physically.

2) I'll admit I didn't read responses in this thread to the OP, but it wouldn't surprise me if people pointed out his use of a celebrity to set up an example of how people with a perceived flaw can succeed. This is idolization at its worst. Drake is a billionaire pop star. You're not. And that's okay! But don't get yourself confused with where you are in life or else you'll lose your grip on reality.

3) Being a light skinned black man is unfortunately seen as more physically desirable than being a dark skinned black man. Colorism is awful regardless.

KingV

I don't quite get why were here talking about Drake's personality. Dude is famous, has money, and is massively successful.

He could have a Melty-looking ass face like Jay Z and ride shirtless with his friends on dirt bikes like Meek Mills while being a massive asshole and still get laid.

Zoggy

People keep saying that drake is getting tail because he's rich and famous. NO!!

Do you think jlo and Taylor swift swoon after men for money and popularity? They're 10x the celebrity he is. They must have genuinely liked him.

Anyways this thread has turned into a psychoanalysis about me and my insecurities. Granted I'm insecure as hell, but I didn't make this thread to project, just to point out that you don't need to be superficial nice guy to get laid.

Or be a superficial macho man asshole.

So you believe the measure of a man's success is how impressive his "hit list" is?

You mention his songs about lost love and issues with women, but if you listen, apparently all the sex with strippers and celebs isn't fixing his issues. Men who have dating issues with women shouldn't use rich rappers as role models.

Magwik

Banned
People keep saying that drake is getting tail because he's rich and famous. NO!!

Do you think jlo and Taylor swift swoon after men for money and popularity? They're 10x the celebrity he is. They must have genuinely liked him.

Anyways this thread has turned into a psychoanalysis about me and my insecurities. Granted I'm insecure as hell, but I didn't make this thread to project, just to point out that you don't need to be superficial nice guy to get laid.

Yeah all you need to be is rich

In entertainment people shuffle around alot.

You call it being genuinely liked, we call it Hollywood.

Celebs tend to stick to their own celeb circles for a dating pool as money and fame make them question the motives of people outside of celebrity. So that shrinks the dating pool compared to the average person. So while money and popularity aren't what those women are after, it's still something most of their significant others will have (exception being industry people who aren't famous but are around them constantly).

They probably did like him but consider that they also probably don't know each other very well initially as busy respective schedules limit time spent.

Lastly, don't assume a public persona accurately represents an entertainers actual personality.

RawNuts

Jlo
Rihanna
Nikki Minaj
Serena
But like, how do we know they didn't just, like, cuddle 'n shit?

Erv

The worst thing about the dumbass beef Meek Mill started with Drake is it killed the "Drake the type of..." Meme when Drake destroyed him.

no actually it didn't. I still see people making these up on youtube allt he time.

Azih

no actually it didn't. I still see people making these up on youtube allt he time.
They might make them but I haven't seen one that spread in years. They used to be everywhere.

I haven't seen a popular one that featured Beardy Drake either.

Soph

His sentimental side is all a trap, and it works. You do need to be secretly alpha for it to work though.

shoelacer

Banned
Out of the five women named in the OP, he's only been linked to two of them, and the whole thing with Rihanna is pretty openly out there as having been a publicity stunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom