• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 is coming to the west - $49.99, 2014 release

2San

Astarte

Wow totally didn't expect SE to localize this. Guess Yoko Taro really cares for his western fanbase.

Yoko Taro didn't have a say in localization, as seen from his twitter responses. This is just squeenix listening to a really niche audience, unlike some companies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Kagari said:
I have an interview for this title later today... any questions for the devs?

Will it continue the Drakengard tradition of multiple, increasingly depression-inducing endings?

I assume there are surprises in store, the advance materials have been fairly vague on story and specifics, any hints? I believe Yoko Taro has already said in an interview that he intended to try something a little different from his previous games with this.

Lastly, I'd ask given that Nier provided a welcome reminder of the Drakengard series -even if it wasn't promoted as such- how has the response to that game impacted the approach to revisiting the dragonsphere?

If it isn't too rude, ask very respectfully for a super quick post mortem on Nier - what they're most proud of and what they would change if they did it again. Ask them if there's ever the possibility if we'll ever see an ending as gutsy as the 'D' ending, ever again.

Also if there'll be DLC babes for the male harem.

2San

Can you ask if he has interest on releasing it on other platforms(especially next-gen and PC)?
Will it continue the Drakengard tradition of multiple, increasingly depression-inducing endings?
Wouldn't mind something more up beat ending wise after Nier. :x
Yes, the LP brings up and explains the censored plotpoints.
Thanks

Asd202

Yoko Taro didn't have a say in localization, as seen from his twitter responses. This is just squeenix listening to a really niche audience, unlike some companies.

So why didn't they localized Type-0, DQ7 remake or Braverly Deafult by themselves? This seems really strange.

Will the HUD and the blood splatter on screen be toggleable?

And ask them if there's any reason for why all the female main characters are named as numbers, whereas the male characters have unique individual names.

Really, you really don't think there is an story reason for this?

Astarte

So why didn't they localized Type-0, DQ7 remake or Braverly Deafult by themselves? This seems really strange.

My guess is that the cost of localizing drakengard 3 (if it does include no dubs, digital only release for Europe) is lower than the others through some weird squeenix magic. Also type-0 is probably 'TOO niche' for them, regardless of how many people will open up their PSP/vita wallets.

Voror

Hmm, feels rather surprising. Curious how it will be though since I can't recall the games ever being that good, at least in regards to gameplay. Story and music will likely be quality.

Ibuki

Banned
So should I just play Nier while waiting for this? Should I also play 1 & 2? Someone earlier said to just watch a playthrough of the previous entries, I need some more opinions.

Coldsnap

Well damn. I was about to sell my PS3 this week, Neir was one of my favorite RPGs this generation.

I still can't get the scene out of my head where Emeile dies. Although he does come back.

Should I check out Drakengaurd 1 +2? Is it too late to go back graphics wise? Should I just stay with my fold memories of Neir and wait for 3?... so many questions.

Clov

Never expected Square to bring this over! I'm glad they did, though; the game looks great! I'll be buying it day one.

Silky

Banned
HOT DAMN. Canceling my Lighting Returns pre-order for this little number. Square can make miracles happen once in a while, and this is the one I needed!

The first Drakengard is not as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. The flight levels are pretty terrible but the ground and mixed air/ground battles are kinda fun in a mindless hack and slash way, and there are a lot of different weapons and spells to try out. I don't think watching a Lets Play would be as effective at putting you in the mindset of a murderous soldier as controlling him and mowing down/burning all those hordes of enemies yourself.

Tex117

Banned
Sweet!

If it is has half the story of Neir and half of that god-tier soundtrack we are in for a solid helping of Japanese crazy! A treat!

Prelude.

Wait, so dual audio confirmed?

458vswp.jpg

Mognet

tyty se

i never got to play drakengard 2 but have a lot of memories with the first game, so i'll definitely be buying this.

Top Bottom