• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 is coming to the west - $49.99, 2014 release

d3_05.jpg

Just got this in an email.

Cornbread78

well, this is a little unexpected and very much appreciated. I guess my PS3 will never go to bed.... Dark Souls 2, Tales of Xillia 2, Lightning Returns, Drakengard 3, I might just have to delay my PS4 purchase until we get a release date for FFXV and KH3 (2015 and 2016 presumably)

Although, I may cry if I have to stay away from 64 player BF4 and Shadowfall...

Gameboy415

I am SO freaking happy right now!!!!!! :D

The site seems to be down at the moment but I am going to pre-order a copy from Square-Enix's online store as soon as humanly possible.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D :D :D

Digital River?

14-is-a-riotshjq8.gif

I don't care if it was my most anticipated game of all time because I'll never do business with a company that uses them again.

fvng

Should I check out Drakengaurd 1 +2? Is it too late to go back graphics wise?

pcsx2 should resolve any graphical concerns you have

If you can stomach Drakengard 3's graphics, 1 and 2 shouldn't be much worse.

oh come on, the graphics aren't bad. Does every game need to look like the last of us? Gamers put up with lesser graphics on psn/xbla games. If you tolerated Nier's graphics, you'll be fine.

Digital River?

14-is-a-riotshjq8.gif

I don't care if it was my most anticipated game of all time because I'll never do business with a company that uses them again.

I don't blame you. 20 copies of Drakengard 3 will be on eBay for 3x the price without a doubt.

fvng

What happened with Digital River?

They didn't fulfill many preorders for the limited edition Ni No Kuni, then all those preorders magically appeared on eBay for like triple the price. If i'm not mistaken the eBay seller was in cahoots with some guy over at Digital River and arranged the whole thing. Fucking lames

Dammit I want to secure a physical copy since we won't get a physical release in Europe but S-E's USA store predictably only ships to countries in the American continent ;________;

I doubt the European store will sell the physical version judging by what the PR says... Aw man, I need to befriend someone in the US by the time the release date is revealed, fffff :(

EDIT: Well it seems the e-commerce company that works with S-E's store is the worst ever? That sucks. I really really really want a disc version of this game...

Dresden

They didn't fulfill many preorders for the limited edition Ni No Kuni, then all those preorders magically appeared on eBay for like triple the price. If i'm not mistaken the eBay seller was in cahoots with some guy over at Digital River and arranged the whole thing. Fucking lames

Holy shit.

Yazuka

Does someone know if Square Enix online store, does internatinal shipping? I'm on my phone now and the site is slow for me, so I can't check.

Digital River is a really, really awful company. If you order from them, literally do not expect to get your copy. Hope for the best, expect the worst. I believe I'm 0/3 with them.

This makes me frown. I kinda wanted to get it. :(

Buh... but if i order from Digital River, the worst thing is that they'll just cancel shipment of my game and not tell me until like... the week of?

They won't leak my credit card or refuse a refund or "send" a package without tracking or anything, right?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Buh... but if i order from Digital River, the worst thing is that they'll just cancel shipment of my game and not tell me until like... the week of?

They won't leak my credit card or refuse a refund or "send" a package without tracking or anything, right?
Correct. You may not be guaranteed to get a copy, but considering this is going to be the only possible way to get a physical English copy you have nothing to lose and no alternatives. Worst case you walk away without the game and your money refunded and then buy the digital version.

Holmes

These Digital River folks seem like crooks. This is the only way to get the game physically (barring it appearing on eBay and Amazon afterwards for a much higher price)?

I remember having read an interview of Taro on Siliconera in which he said to not expect a Nier 2 in terms of themes, story, etc. but I can't find it on the website. I might be confusing comments in previous threads with something I've read, someone can confirm or deny that interview?

Esura

Banned
Damn, they charge for preorders...

Yeah, I'd like to know this since I can't afford to pre-order right now if it charges straight away.

They charge....

There goes my Pokemon X money. What's up with all these selling places charging for preorders all the time lately?

The checkout process is not currently available. Please try again later

Well that's off to a good start.

Yeah.... I got the same message.

Did you get that message when you tried completing your order? Or just when it came to logging in?

I got that when I tried logging in on the checkout page.

MechaX

Oh God, they're using Digital River?

I might actually get it on PSN (which I usually never do with full games like this) if that's the case.

vic2020

Neo Member
They charged me instantly for my pre-order, I also haven't received a confirmation email yet, half an hour later.

FUCK YES.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
8492421082_38bfa5794e_o.gif

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

7156414274_a08ce66d8f_o.gif

Yeah.... I got the same message.

Did you get that message when you tried completing your order? Or just when it came to logging in?

I got that when I tried logging in on the checkout page.
Yeah, that was from logging in.

Trying to make a new account gives me a "Password cannot be only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols " error, no matter what I do.

EDIT: Apparently what that message means is that it needs alphabetic and at least one numeric character.

Top Bottom