• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator - a game by Game Grumps

DNAbro

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other hot Dads. Are you ready? Hi ready, I'm Dad.

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other hot Dads. You and your daughter have just moved into the sleepy seaside town of Maple Bay only to discover that everyone in your neighborhood is a single, dateable Dad! Will you go out with Teacher Dad? Goth Dad? Bad Dad? Or any of the other cool Dads in this game? With minigames, sidequests, and a variety of paths and endings, Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is this year's most anticipated Dad-based game.
Features

7 dateable Dads
Dad character creator - Create your Dadsona!
Multiple endings per-Dad
Voiced by the Game Grumps and friends
Written by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray
Artwork and pinups by Shanen Pae, J.N. Wiedle, Anna Pan, Tyson Hesse, Ellen Allsop, Evan Palmer, Ego Rodriguez, and many more!
Original score by Jesse Cale
Dad-themed mini and micro games throughout each date path
So many Dad puns. Like, to the point where it made us all uncomfortable
Secretssssssss.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/
https://twitter.com/GameGrumps/status/876492612286521344

Happy Father's Day

CJgOITL.png

Okay, I'm down with this.

(also I don't know Game Grumps, this isn't going to turn into some super-ironic LOL HOMOS bullshit, is it? because an actual dad dating sim would be cool to see, even if it's goofball but otherwise accepting in nature)

Marcel

These Twitchbait games sure do love cringey advertising copy huh. I guess no one told them that Weird Twitter-style dad jokes stopped being relevant like 5 or more years ago.

Yukinari

Is there a grumps in-joke or reason for why theyre specifically making a dating sim about bara dads?

I dont watch modern Grumps.

DNAbro

Is there a grumps in-joke or reason for why theyre specifically making a dating sim about bara dads?

Nah not really. They mentioned they were working on a game a while ago and I don't think anyone expected this.

Gaspard

I only really see one bara dad, the rest seem pretty lithe.

I do however require more pics for research purposes.

Bahorel

CJgOITL.png

(also I don't know Game Grumps, this isn't going to turn into some super-ironic LOL HOMOS bullshit, is it? because an actual dad dating sim would be cool to see, even if it's goofball but otherwise accepting in nature)

It will be the goofy/accepting option, game grumps are LGBT friendly.

MrBadger

Hurray! Sorry for the suspicion, you never know with YouTube Influencers(tm).

Nah the Grumps tend to steer clear from that blend of Youtube bullshit, and seem to care a lot about not offending their audience. I don't think they'd make this game if they didn't think they were being tasteful

When I heard that the Game Grumps were making a game, I was sort of worried it'd be a regular old game with them as the stars or some overly-ambitious project that never gets made like I've seen with other online personalities.

I was thinking "serviceable platformer" and instead I got "humorous but earnest and cute gay dad dating simulator".

I'm very pleasantly surprised they went in this direction. It's appealing to people outside of their normal fan base and their involvement in it seems to be primarily as producers and voice actors.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
When I heard that the Game Grumps were making a game, I was sort of worried it'd be a regular old game with them as the stars or some overly-ambitious project that never gets made like I've seen with other online personalities.

I'm very pleasantly surprised they went in this direction. It's appealing to people outside of their normal fan base and their involvement in it seems to be primarily as producers and voice actors.
Yeah. Totally different direction from that PewDiePie-rpg type nonsense. I'm actually kinda looking forward to this one.

dickroach

I dunno about "LOL HOMOS" but like 50% of the 'jokes' in Grumps episodes are Arin singing to Dan a song about sucking his dick.

Goldrush

Don't know if they will take advantage of the concept fully, but it's an ingenious idea for the genre. Dating games tend to have pretty shallow gameplay (and story), but adding kids to the mix adds so much to the juggling elements that makes the best dating sims. I could see a great game where you're not only focusing on your relationship with the dream man, but your relationship with your kids, and your kids relationship with the other dad's kids. It'll be an absolute nightmare to schedule and I'll love it.

Zubz

Banned
This sounds bizarre, but fascinating. I may have to pick this up during a Steam sale!

Hurray! Sorry for the suspicion, you never know with YouTube Influencers(tm).

It's understandable, especially seeing how, yanno, JonTron used to be on the show. But even if I never got back into them after Jon left (There was no way I could keep up with a show that gets at least 2 new episodes a day after undergrad. I didn't know Jon was so abhorrent at the time, so him leaving was a perfectly timed out for me), I know they've been super LGBTQIA-friendly. I definitely don't see myself going back to them, but I have nothing but respect for them, especially because they're a ray of light in the cesspool that is YouTube.

so now we're rehashing ten-year-old jokes from Tim and Eric huh

tumblr_mh7iy80AlQ1r8cm5vo1_500.gif

Is there a problem with ten-year-old jokes from Tim and Eric?

Top Bottom