• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall: Chapters finally enters production

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Given what happens to April in Dreamfall, I'm guessing her. Then again, Zoe doesn't fair too well either, so... who knows.

don't count April out yet just because of Dreamfall ending...
since I'm pretty sure she is Lady Alvane.

gabbo

don't count April out yet just because of Dreamfall ending...
since I'm pretty sure she is Lady Alvane.

I'm not implying
that she dies
, just that she may not be playable because of what happened. Tornquist has implied in the past that she isn't Lady Alvane, not that that couldn't be timey-wimey'd away if need be.

Frogacuda

Banned
I hope they do well, but also hope they dont aim too high. Adventure games tend not to get a lot of attention sometimes. Double Fine got it for being one of the first and Tim Schafer is awesome.
On Kickstarter? They're one of the most successful genres.

Of the top 25 most-funded video games on KS, 8 are adventure games, 8 are RPGs, and 2 are space sims.

addik

Isn't the Kickstarter Launch Party today?

OMW, so there's a possibility that we get to see the new screens/trailer today?

Doffen

Red Thread Games teaming up with Blink Studios.

We're teaming up with Blink Studios!

Awesome artists and eminent game developers Blink Studios are adding their considerable talents to the Dreamfall Chapters team. This is pretty much like that time the X-Men joined forces with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four to give Galactus a wedgie. In a word: EPIC.

Blink Studios was founded in 2011 and they've been working hard on the kick-ass PC/Mac/iOS/Android action-RPG Skar: The Hammer Returns. Now, however, they're using their massively creative brains and nimble artistic fingers to bring Dreamfall Chapters to life, and you can see the results of their early work in our upcoming Kickstarter campaign.

Blink Studios consists of art director Christer Sveen (Dreamfall, The Secret World), animation director Eigil Jarl Halse (Dreamfall, The Secret World), technical director Kjetil Hjeldnes (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, The Secret World), and technical art director Sigbjørn Galåen (Dreamfall, Age of Conan). Plus a LOT OF LOVE. And iMacs.

So, yeah, this is basically the dream team back together for Dreamfall Chapters. Neat-o!

Check out the Blink Studios website here, and (outdated) screenshots from Skar: The Hammer Returns here. And stay tuned for the first in-game videos and new screens and concept art from Dreamfall Chapters...VEEERY SOON.

Link.

Top Bottom