• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

yamo

I just joined. Got the game recently so was looking for a club. Love the name and logo :D

Cool, welcome!

I mainly created it to unlock some club cars. Glad you like the logo and name! :)

Edit: Club now set to invite only and only 1 spot left. I'm heading to bed now but i'll check this thread tomorrow. I will invite the first one who PM:s me his PSN name, please post in the thread as well so everyone knows the spot is taken.

Shaneus

I don't think we will. It's a legitimate discussion. Sony and Evo made clear, unambiguous promises to consumers, which they've reneged on for their own purposes. It's completely reasonable for people to be upset. If you aren't, or don't care to be involved in this discussion, I'd suggest you don't post.
Fair enough. If this is left out of every other DC thread that'd be cool. For once it would be cool to have DC threads clean of PS+ version whining.
That's reasonable. If you will PM me a list of active DC threads, I'll add this thread to the OP. While it's reasonable to be upset, it's also reasonable for people who own the game to be able to discuss it without having to wade through the off-topic discussion about Sony/Evo's consumer relation mistakes.
So this happened. Which means we'll finally be free of the "Where's the PS+ version? Evo suck!" comments in this thread.

Edit: I'm a little bummed about the lack of Japanese cars in the DLC pack that comes bundled with Japan. I'm sure no-one ever said "We need more Ferraris in Driveclub".

Let's just say that sometimes paperwork takes longer than actual work.
Oh. Okay then. Are there any Celicas in there, per chance? Or even the classic MR2?
U3Ofuh4.jpg

I'm sure Gen X would agree with me, at least ;)

lordxar

While we are on the subject of difficulty, does anyone know what level the AI is on tour?

I like doing single events on legend level, combined with more laps makes it a lot more fun.

Logically it follows the difficulties you get in single event. I think there's a difficulty for each tour class from rookie to legend but that's a total guess if slightly educated.

nib95

Banned
While we are on the subject of difficulty, does anyone know what level the AI is on tour?

I like doing single events on legend level, combined with more laps makes it a lot more fun.

It changes depending on the event, and how far in to a Tour it is. But in Redline for example, I believe only the last race has Legend AI. The Renault Invitational event (the second to last event) has Professional AI, based on a challenge I set of it.

Moozo

Is Venom Hot Lap 2 officially the hardest event in the game?

Also I hope some of those new tracks are proper circuits. There's only so many twisty roads you can drive before they all start to look the same.

lordxar

It changes depending on the event, and how far in to a Tour it is. But in Redline for example, I believe only the last race has Legend AI. The Renault Invitational event (the second to last event) has Professional AI, based on a challenge I set of it.

Oh yea I forgot about the DLC, was just thinking base tour difficulties.

Wabba

I'm sorry to say but it's people like you that are causing games to be dumbed down to the point where generic shit from Ubisoft and co. is constantly pushed out year after year to appeal to the masses. I'm absolutely sick of it.

This game doesn't need difficulty settings for the tour. It just doesn't. It has a star rating system for and if you're not good enough to get 3 stars, tough luck. This game isn't even as difficult or as punishing as a game like Demon's Souls either.

Get better at racing games by playing it, not by turning down the difficulty. You will never be truly good at the game if you don't actually take time to understand how to play it properly.

Finally, the Souls game is hardly niche. The reaction to Bloodborne being leaked on Gaf is proof of that. It's even being copied by other developers for their latest games.

/rant

Btw, this isn't specifically targeted at you. I'm just really annoyed with the constant need to simplify everything for convenience in the video game industry.

Great to see that people are passionate about the game. But there is a big stretch from releasing the same junk each year to have a difficulty setting. The game wouldn't change anything for you, but it would for me and it would for my father that also like driving games but are new to it. I am not trashing the game, i love it, but i would have loved it even more if it was possible to lower it to my driving experience just as much as it would be for you on high difficulty setting.

Maybe a different thing but i loved The Last of Us on grounded, but i also loved that it was a easy mode that my girlfriend could try. It didn't make the experience any worse for me, it just made it more accsesible for others.

By having a difficulty setting you will make the satisfaction better for me that don't play race games on regular basis and frankly don't have the time to "master" the game. For me its still a game, something fun that i do for entertainment. Its a far stretch from that to be mainstream shit.

I dont see the big deal.

Hojaho

Great to see that people are passionate about the game. But there is a big stretch from releasing the same junk each year to have a difficulty setting. The game wouldn't change anything for you, but it would for me and it would for my father that also like driving games but are new to it. I am not trashing the game, i love it, but i would have loved it even more if it was possible to lower it to my driving experience just as much as it would be for you on high difficulty setting.

Maybe a different thing but i loved The Last of Us on grounded, but i also loved that it was a easy mode that my girlfriend could try. It didn't make the experience any worse for me, it just made it more accsesible for others.

By having a difficulty setting you will make the satisfaction better for me that don't play race games on regular basis and frankly don't have the time to "master" the game. For me its still a game, something fun that i do for entertainment. Its a far stretch from that to be mainstream shit.

I dont see the big deal.

Difficulty is defined in the game by car categories and stars for the tour. So you don't really need settings for that imho.
Also you still have access to every circuits in Single event mode, where you can configure the AI level in the settings.

Calabi

Just bought it as well. Thought screw it while its cheap on digital. Seems good like the difficulty and challenges aspect. Any clubs with spare room?

edit: Have also requested Yamo, if not no worries.

I just created a super casual club if anyone wants to join. It's an open club so just go ahead and join, there is currently 3 spots left.

Might kick non-gaffers if there is enough interest so lurkers beware! :)

Club name: GAF GOLD

sOlb.jpg

Just sent a request to join, only just got the game.

Edit: I should have read the replies if no more room it's okay, but looking for a club if anyone else has room?

Auctopus

Is Venom Hot Lap 2 officially the hardest event in the game?

Also I hope some of those new tracks are proper circuits. There's only so many twisty roads you can drive before they all start to look the same.

I would consider the original Venom Hot Lap more difficult. Also, the last track on the Elements tour is pretty mad, weather makes thing pretty difficult.

nib95

Banned
Definitely feel the second Venom Hot Lap is harder, namely because visibility is so poor, and traction is far more precarious and slippery.

Definitely feel the second Venom Hot Lap is harder, namely because visibility is so poor, and traction is far more precarious and slippery.
That isn't the challenge though in my opinion - the time is.

So in other words yeah it is wet so you might find it harder to stay straight but if you can go all over the place and still beat the time then it is easier.

nib95

Banned
That isn't the challenge though in my opinion - the time is.

So in other words yeah it is wet so you might find it harder to stay straight but if you can go all over the place and still beat the time then it is easier.

I've yet to get the final star. Just a 100th of a second or so off, whereas in the first Venom Hot lap I can comfortably get 1:15's without too many re-tries.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just the two ball ache trophies to go. Can't see me ever getting level 50 unless I get the season pass, and the accolade one is a massive grind fest.
(I've also got the 5 challenges one but that wouldn't be too difficult with a little help)

They're not that much of a grindfest, do some Community Drift Challenges, they're short and you have fun.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Exactly my point! Thing is fun as hell to drive in the Forza games, I'd love to see it in DC. But yeah, I'm not holding onto any hope that anything made in the 90s will make it.

We already have at least one 90s car! ;-)

lordxar

I dont see the big deal.

What exactly would the difficulty setting change though? Serious question. I mean on the races it might drop the AI down but afaik the AI scales during the tour naturally. An easy button won't help with drifting or time trials which is the other half of the game. Maybe the better question is what do find so difficult?

There is always the single events which pose whatever difficulty you put forth like driving slower or using a hot hatch instead of a hyper. The only way I see to make this game easier would be to retool all the times or points required to get the stars and/or reduce stars needed to get the next section open but that wasn't much of an issue for me until I hit the DLC. This is my first racer in probably a decade so I'm definitely not great by any means but with some persistance I've managed to get all the trophies minus DLC and most of the base game stars. So where I'm coming from is basic newb to within sight of the big kids in a few months and I guess that's why I'm having such a hard time understanding a difficulty setting.

yamo

Yamo, I got the game from Gamefly. Requested to join the club. Name in game is AardvarkBarber.

Just bought it as well. Thought screw it while its cheap on digital. Seems good like the difficulty and challenges aspect. Any clubs with spare room?

edit: Have also requested Yamo, if not no worries.

Just sent a request to join, only just got the game.

Edit: I should have read the replies if no more room it's okay, but looking for a club if anyone else has room?

Sent a request to join GAF Gold to Yamo. If there's no space, no worries. :)
PSN: Caustic_Angel

Invited AardvarkBarber to the last spot as he replied first. Happy club hunting to the rest of you guys!

If a spot happens to open up in the near future i'll check back here.

edit: this was a continuation to yamo's post but this thread moves so fast!

I also made a newbie club yesterday, but I suppose this thread moves so fast people did not see it.
Or it's the fact that in in the same post I confessed being really bad at the game.

Anyway, send a message to StaffyManasse if you want in. New and/or unskilled drivers very welcome. I'll add you when I get home from work in eight hours or so.

edit: this was a continuation to yamo's post but this thread moves so fast!

I also made a newbie club yesterday, but I suppose this thread moves so fast people did not see it.
Or it's the fact that in in the same post I confessed being really bad at the game.

Anyway, send a message to StaffyManasse if you want in. New and/or unskilled drivers very welcome. I'll add you when I get home from work in eight hours or so.
Sent a request. :) PSN: Caustic_Angel

Shaneus

I'd laugh if it's the PS+ version.

But I'm thinking it'll be something outside of the game itself. Most likely the mobile app.

xrnzaaas

I'm really glad about two other cars they announced in yesterday's vid. Enzo has always been one of my favorite Ferrari's in racing games and that Jag is a beautiful piece of machinery (hoping for an F-Type R to make appearance at some point as well).

I would consider the original Venom Hot Lap more difficult. Also, the last track on the Elements tour is pretty mad, weather makes thing pretty difficult.

Yep, Venom Hot Lap 1 & 2 are the hardest events in the game imo. For me this vehicle is far too difficult to control using a gamepad and I'm not buying a wheel for a PS4 just yet (I'll reconsider after Project CARS' release ;)). As for the main event in the Elements tour, it's not that difficult if you're completing this tour as the last one in the career mode. By the time you get to it you should know all the tracks really well and driving blindly in extreme weather conditions won't be such a big obstacle.

danowat

Banned
For me, the Venom hotlap 2 is the hardest event in the game, simply due to the lack of visibility from not only the rain, but also the darkness, I wonder how many people have cheated by turning the brightness up on their display ;)

Top Bottom