• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Pachimari

Guys, do we have a community on PS4? I'm thinking it would also be easy to ask in there when one would like to play online. What do you think? I still haven't tried playing online with any of you and I don't know how to plan it.

farmerboy

Guys, do we have a community on PS4? I'm thinking it would also be easy to ask in there when one would like to play online. What do you think? I still haven't tried playing online with any of you and I don't know how to plan it.

Mate, just add as many of us as you can and I'm sure you'll see someone playing when you're online. Or wait till Shannow or someone gets a semi regular league happening so you'll have a firm idea on when any racing gets done.

There is a DC private lobby community but I got no idea how to direct you there. Communities are a prick to search for. Next time I'm on i can invite you in. Though I'm not sure how much use its getting. This thread might still be your best bet.

psn farmerboy007

Yes, if memory serves the name is Drive GAF. Search for GAF you should find it.

I've invited you to the Drive Gaf & Private Lobby communities :)

cyba89

Does anyone know if Bike stuff counts towards the "Credit Where It's Due"-trophy of the regular game?
I just would have to do game modes then and I am around 40 Skill events away from maxing that in that category out.

EDIT:
I can confirm bike stuff counts towards that trophy.

Smoking can be good for you kids!

3oEduQ2ZXBhUKZjUOc.gif

Makikou

Need to get around to Driveclub again soon.

In other news, mainly to my friends here.. this is what it looks like to be 0.5s off-pace on Zolder:

9d4R

Sadly i am no alien compared to my teammate who absolutely destroys me on 2nd half of the circuit.

Sorry for Off-topic :p

YomommaZ

For the past 2 weeks I started to invest a little more time in Driveclub after only trying it a little a while back. And I'm really loving it! I'm playing through tour events trying to get all the stars and I get really excited when I move up to a new class and get to drive faster cars. Today I reached the hyper class and it was madness. It's so fun trying to control a monster that is Ferrari FXX K and after that I tried Lamborghini Veneno with that train-like grip. Awsome game.

I got so used to the cockpit view with no hud that I just can't effectively drive a car in any other view so I was wondering what would be the optimal sound settings for the cockpit camera? Or do you guys just use default?

z3phon

In other news, mainly to my friends here.. this is what it looks like to be 0.5s off-pace on Zolder:

Sadly i am no alien compared to my teammate who absolutely destroys me on 2nd half of the circuit.

Is there any app/website that gives your lap data for driveclub?
I've seen apps like that for project cars.

5taquitos

I got so used to the cockpit view with no hud that I just can't effectively drive a car in any other view so I was wondering what would be the optimal sound settings for the cockpit camera? Or do you guys just use default?

I turn on external car audio for cockpit view so I can hear those roars.

Skill mode on the bikes is almost the most fun I've had with this game. Well it seems to be something that just clicks with me anyway. On one of the skill courses I've gotten up to currently having the 3rd best score globally. :)

Skill mode on the bikes is almost the most fun I've had with this game. Well it seems to be something that just clicks with me anyway. On one of the skill courses I've gotten up to currently having the 3rd best score globally. :)

Yes, i really enjoy it as well. Like with drift events in the car tours, skill events are the first thing i have done in each portion of the bike tour.

Duallusion

Are anyone else's Challenge leaderboards updating slowly today/yesterday? They remind me of those horrible pre-server upgrade days. *shudders*

Nyx

So happy with private lobbies, finally able to just race my friends for bragging rights. And as I hoped 2 of my friends that quit playing DC a long time ago join up for some races too!

Now hoping for more locations, make this a 11/10 game Rushy! ;-)

OK you might have just been spammed by me with challenges if I've thought you might be interested in the new rally :)

This time we're in India on motorbikes - if you want to take part and I've not invited you then send me a message either on here or psn.

Also check you have all 7 events as I have been known to miss sending you one or two on occasion...

Makikou

OK you might have just been spammed by me with challenges if I've thought you might be interested in the new rally :)

This time we're in India on motorbikes - if you want to take part and I've not invited you then send me a message either on here or psn.

Also check you have all 7 events as I have been known to miss sending you one or two on occasion...

Add me if you haven't

Pachimari

Got more stars in the tour today yay.

And I can't do challenges involving bikes yet, I haven't bought it. Will do so soon.

Keep sending invites though, I appreciate it.

kie25

9d4R

What sort lap times were you getting on zolder in GT3 mate?

The Bimota Show challenge is fucking incredible! I would say its my favourite event in the entire game so far including cars.

I managed to achieve #18 on the leaderboards after only 8 tries or so. Its the perfect event because it ties every single section and chicane into the flow of the total score. You have to chain each section together to do well in the next or your whole score is ruined. And it starts with a wheelie so its very tricky.

Who ever designed that challenge, bravo.

Just got the world record score on the Nigiri Skills course! I was sitting second for hours but I finally got it! So very chuffed. :)

I'll post it once I figure out how to upload the 720p video to youtube in HD(it only uploaded to 240p for some reason...)

Just got the world record score on the Nigiri Skills course! I was sitting second for hours but I finally got it! So very chuffed. :)

I'll post it once I figure out how to upload the 720p video to youtube in HD(it only uploaded to 240p for some reason...)

It's probably still encoding it at the higher rate, check back ten minutes later.

That reminds me, there's a new feature I think they should add to DriveClub. You should be able to subscribe to events, so that you get notified if someone beats your score etc.

Makikou

What sort lap times were you getting on zolder in GT3 mate?

It depends on weather + we obv. run 130l full fuel load for endurance race/endu practice.

If it's partly/mostly cloudy we would be talking 1.26-1.27, clear 1.28-1.30 depending on temperatures and skybox.

Dynamic weather twists it a lot and the track becomes a bit faster on the end of 3 hour races aswell thanks to dynamic surface taking in the rubber..

EDIT: Went to look at your pCARS Zolder lap, the track is so different it's not even funny. Here's an iR version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PISnyHGnnus
Note: Not driven by me, Coanda is one of the top teams in iRacing and this was from the beginning of the week..

Pachimari

I did see your invite last night Anythingbut but I had almost just went to bed, and thus the girl used the tv. Anyway, I'll probably have the tv tonight, and if not, tough love. Keep sending those invites though, and I'll see if I can either join or decline. :)

Here's the leaderboard for the first day.

Screenshot_2015_11_08_20_09_24.png

As you can see, not that many of us have completed all the events and I can't count (this rally has 8 challenges rather than 7...)

The spreadsheet needs some fixing due to the extra event but as not many have done all the events it doesn't make a great deal of difference yet (the last 2 events are sprints and timed are very tight).

Great start by Sirenty with the quickest time on 3 of the events, Vagabone & Makikou have 2 each and I have 1 (at the moment!).

The leaderboard should take more shape tomorrow as more peeps complete the events - if anyone is short of any of the 8 challenges or knows someone else who wants to take part then let me know :)

Makikou

I don't really get.. can i go improve if i want? :D

Or does that defeat the spirit of the rally? It would be cool if we could chain events together like Evolution does at tour "championships"

I don't really get.. can i go improve if i want? :D

Or does that defeat the spirit of the rally? It would be cool if we could chain events together like Evolution does at tour "championships"

Yes please go back and improve on your times - we've dropped the old single run requirement on this type of event :) You've got a week to come out on top.

I did realise before that we can do a proper live rally now with the private servers, hopefully in a future updates Evo will let us do a playlist of events and have cumulative time so it does all the legwork for us.

Will you also do car-based time trials after this event?
I can imagine the bike event being tons of fun. :)

It all depends on the demand for another rally - there's a lot of big games coming out in the next few months which I'm sure will affect the number of DC players, for a while at least. I was planning on doing that DC League this coming week but with NFS and BLOPS3 arriving I couldn't get enough people in a server to run the test event on Wednesday.

Here's my (so far) unbeaten run on the Munnar Sprint event...

https://youtu.be/dPvO1qI5X04

drotahorror

Where do I get information on these rally events? I follow the thread very often and didn't see it mentioned. I might have missed it though in the past couple of days. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience or ignorance.

Top Bottom