• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

gl0w

Please bring costume lobbys, Evo.

Im tired of always play the same tracks or with the same cars, with only 4 laps.

Where is the endurance ones? Some shitty variety of races for me.

RS4-

OK guys, now I own a ps4 and DC. Still let down by a lousy livery editor though!

edit - req'd to join the club. My psn is 'resonating'

Kumubou

So I've seen a lot of complaints about how bad the Atom handles in-game and... I don't get it? Well, I kind of do -- it feels like a car that doesn't have TCS in a game where most cars do (in some form). People just need to calm down and feather the gas until it's straight.

To prove a point, here's a challenge (since they're not up yet, orz). Time Trial -> Canada -> Lytton -> Ariel Atom 500 V8. Here's the time I set after about 20 minutes:

IIqNmfh.jpg

Oh, it's also the current WR for the Atom on this track. :3 Have fun!

I would post a video except that it turns out that if you go into the Share menu to save a screenshot and exit without saving the video, you lose the buffered footage. Oops.

mreddie

Man, with COD this week and Unity the next, dunno if I'm gonna be on this game til the DLC comes.

It's coming together but still needs a fix up.

Mullah88

So, who else despises the Atom? Here are some things I have to vent:

1. It seems to accelerate much faster than the BAC Mono even though the graphical bar doesn't seem to indicate that wide a difference.
  2. Hard to catch up to it unless you have some long straights and/or lots of very tight corners.
  3. AI drivers seem to go around all but the tightest turns perfectly with it.
  4. The front wheels might as well not matter when you start to spin.
  5. You have to accelerate and brake at the same time to keep it under control when turning and often tap the handbrake to stop from spinning out.
  6. You pretty much have to learn to drift under control around tighter corners, which seems rather bizarre in this type of car.
  7. I suck at using this car.
Well, okay, not the most objective list. After about three hours, I finally finished the lightweight challenge with all of the stars. I spent about two of those hours in the second race trying to figure out how in the world the AI drivers were navigating some of those corners with such speed (no helpful rubber-banding on that track, unlike the one before it). It was a miracle when I finally finished in 3rd place with one or two nice laps to boot. Thankful I never have to use that thing again. :p

I should have used the BAC Mono, but it felt too slow on those tracks at first. Went back and got the lap time in the first race with the Mono, though. :)

Love that car, it's so satisfying to use.

Japan DLC is not complete without this course

60676842.jpg
Beautiful, but I believe that's China.

Love that car, it's so satisfying to use.
The acceleration of the Atom is amazing but I have to fight it so much in the tight corners. I finally have a good feel in how to drive it, but it's just too much fun throwing the Mono around the track instead.

My biggest pet peeve is actually not the car but the odd spike in difficulty in the second race of the lightweight challenge. I swear the AI is far better in that race than any event before it (except the beginning of the race where it's easy to get up front). I had to get two laps under the starred lap time and not make a mistake to get third place. Of course part of it was still coming to grips with the car, and part of it was that course where it is deceptively easy to lose traction.

GodofWine

225/225...drifting was the worst..I had 2 stars in all the drift events, and luckily something clicked and I managed to clean then up in a couple hours .

Bring on mount Fuji

KingJ2002

Nice find!

I hope it's japan and the US for new locations so we can finally get some Japanese and American cars in the game.

seems like this "patch" is more like the full intended release.

OmegaDL50

Nice find!

I hope it's japan and the US for new locations so we can finally get some Japanese and American cars in the game.

seems like this "patch" is more like the full intended release.

Nah, they planned to do monthly updates for this game with new track content spread out over the next 9 months or so.

Look at the season pass plans, some of it is paid, and some of the content will distributed as free updates.

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

OmegaDL50

That season image has cars & tracks listed for October. I'm guessing those got delayed?

We got the free Mercedes car for October but the free track remains unaccounted for thus far.

Probably going to give us October's track and whatever we are supposed to get in November in one big patch...hopefully.

I've been supporting Evo through all of this but they need to communicate to fans a bit more. I don't know if Sony is approving all of their outgoing comms but the DLC thing needs to be addressed. At least tell us if it's affected by all this (which it clearly is since October went without a new track).

OmegaDL50

I've been supporting Evo through all of this but they need to communicate to fans a bit more. I don't know if Sony is approving all of their outgoing comms but the DLC thing needs to be addressed. At least tell us if it's affected by all this (which it clearly is since October went without a new track).

I'd definitely see an issue if this effected paid content. Since well money tendered for goods and all that, and people would naturally be expected to receive what they paid for.

Driveclub already has issues due to the networking troubles. It probably wouldn't be good if Evolution pushed the paid DLC schedule back.

Something has to give, sooner than later.

jobrro

Very excited for the Japan tracks :). Wonder where they will be? Some good suggestions in this thread so far.

That DLC plan chart is what made me bite the bullet on getting the full PS+ Upgrade on the game, still don't see the need for the Season Pass yet, but will see what cars come out and if I am craving more events. The tracks might be enough for me.

Jimrpg

Nah, they planned to do monthly updates for this game with new track content spread out over the next 9 months or so.

Look at the season pass plans, some of it is paid, and some of the content will distributed as free updates.

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

Did we ever end up getting any tracks or other DLC in October?

And that's great news about Japan.

Was Antigua just a rumour? That'd be a cool location. As others have said, New Zealand would be amazing.

Beautiful, but I believe that's China.

Yeah that's China, there's a lot of internet links that have attributed that picture to Japan somehow.

here is a good view of the road :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RANSlDiCsHQ

That's actually Irohazaka, Japan aka "The Winding Road"

Does your map show it going over itself and 3 hairpins stacked inside each other?
It's called Big Gate road or Tianmen mountain road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYWFWdLeSA&feature=youtu.be

TEH-CJ

Banned
So, who else despises the Atom? Here are some things I have to vent:

1. It seems to accelerate much faster than the BAC Mono even though the graphical bar doesn't seem to indicate that wide a difference.
  2. Hard to catch up to it unless you have some long straights and/or lots of very tight corners.
  3. AI drivers seem to go around all but the tightest turns perfectly with it.
  4. The front wheels might as well not matter when you start to spin.
  5. You have to accelerate and brake at the same time to keep it under control when turning and often tap the handbrake to stop from spinning out.
  6. You pretty much have to learn to drift under control around tighter corners, which seems rather bizarre in this type of car.
  7. I suck at using this car.
Well, okay, not the most objective list. After about three hours, I finally finished the lightweight challenge with all of the stars. I spent about two of those hours in the second race trying to figure out how in the world the AI drivers were navigating some of those corners with such speed (no helpful rubber-banding on that track, unlike the one before it). It was a miracle when I finally finished in 3rd place with one or two nice laps to boot. Thankful I never have to use that thing again. :p

I should have used the BAC Mono, but it felt too slow on those tracks at first. Went back and got the lap time in the first race with the Mono, though. :)

Watch the clip I made of the Atom. Might help you out a bit bro.

OmegaDL50

Does your map show it going over itself and 3 hairpins stacked inside each other?
It's called Big Gate road or Tianmen mountain road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYWFWdLeSA&feature=youtu.be

I wasn't aware of the Tianmen Mountain Road.

Upon some further investigation

The map I posted of is only a small portion of the entire Irohazaka.

The entire stretch of Irohazaka is about 8 km (roughly 5 miles)

irohazaka-11%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Here is another section of it.

And here is a map of the Irohazaka Route 120 in it's entirety

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.7351548,139.5028758,14z
And it pieced together based on various video games.
map4.jpg

I don't believe there is a single racing game to have the entire 5 mile stretch of Irohazaka used in it's entirety. I don't expect Driveclub to do so, but it's wishful thinking on my part if it did happen.

Did we ever end up getting any tracks or other DLC in October?

And that's great news about Japan.

Was Antigua just a rumour? That'd be a cool location. As others have said, New Zealand would be amazing.
It was mentioned once when it was first playable in 2013 but never again. That was back in the "35% compete" days.

Afrikan

Wow...this game works great with Vita Remote Play...thought I'd struggle but i'm doing well.

Only bad thing is some night courses, it's hard to see the turns...because of the small screen and it's dark...I had to switch to closer Camera views.

But the controls are great, as expected controls switch to L1 and R1 for brake and throttle.

Game Also looks Beautiful on the OLED screen....now I'm curious to dig up my Sony HMZ for some *Big Screen* OLED action.

Japan DLC? Oh hell yes please be true. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, and that weather comes with it.

I hope weather still makes it in December since they've been so busy just trying to fix the servers.

Afrikan

Speaking of Japan...Test Drive 4 had a beautiful Japan p2p race.

It looked amazing on the PS1...can only imagine how it will look on the PS4 with DriveClub's engine.

bombshell

Is it new?
DRIVECLUB™ - Detailed Weather & Photo Mode Demonstration

So, it looks like the new location has a name that sits between India and Norway in alphabetical order.
There goes Antigua?

At 15:11 in the video, new P2P track in Norway named Atlanterhavsvegen.
Damn, it was close! ;)

Also, stealth appearance of cockpit view with moving wiper.
Work in progress, unfinished and somewhat buggy, needless to say.

Fuck yes!

I guessed the Atlantic Road track then viveks :D

It's coming soon?

Top Bottom