• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB Season Pass (U.S.) just dropped to $13! PS+ Upgrade Bundle $20!!!

RedAssedApe

Banned
are people still playing this online. when the ps+ version came out i tried finding a race and couldn't. maybe i didnt wait long enough or did it wrong though lol

How easy is this game? I hardly ever play racers, I need to know beforehand if this one will frustrate me / make me want to pull my hair out, considering I'm not a pro at racing games.
You can always download the PS+ Edition and give it a spin. If you dig it, you can upgrade and you'll already have the game installed.

ChrisDM

I've been waiting for this price drop for a while so I can give a friend of mine my physical copy and convert to digital. Will all of my progress carry over?

EDIT: Found the answer to my question. It does carry over!

Electret

You can always download the PS+ Edition and give it a spin.

Yeah, I highly recommend this to Windforce. I love DC, but one of the most frequently leveled complaints is its "inaccessibility". That's not the descriptor I'd use, but there is a significant learning curve. You're gonna spin out and crash quite a bit in the beginning. Learning the mechanics is very rewarding, though.

bombshell

are people still playing this online. when the ps+ version came out i tried finding a race and couldn't. maybe i didnt wait long enough or did it wrong though lol

They didn't open up online to everyone in the PS+ Edition immediately, so maybe that was what gave you problems.

kyser73

How easy is this game? I hardly ever play racers, I need to know beforehand if this one will frustrate me / make me want to pull my hair out, considering I'm not a pro at racing games.

Good pricing indeed. There's a bunch of DLC!

You'll be fine so long as you don't jump straight into a hypercar and choose heavy snow at midnight for your first race.

And yes, I've seen people complaining that DC is 'too hard' based on that very set of choices.

Dubz

Play with on screen display set to 0% opacity, and enjoy the amazing visuals.

This is an absolute steal.

You're literally losing money by not buying this game.

Good pricing indeed. There's a bunch of DLC!

The tour mode can get pretty difficult, although I haven't tried with the latest patch. Even so remember you can set up your own races, on any track, with any class of vehicle, at any time of day, in any condition. The possibilities are infinite. I mostly like playing time trials, no other cars, just me and the open road. It's gorgeous.

You'll be fine so long as you don't jump straight into a hypercar and choose heavy snow at midnight for your first race.

And yes, I've seen people complaining that DC is 'too hard' based on that very set of choices.
My advice to any players having trouble with the handling is to skip out on the tour events, go into single events and set up a time trial on one of the circuits or road courses, hit right on the d-pad to toggle the HUD off, and just enjoy the ride.

florin3k3

truth.

V6BYXVo.gif

Great price, great game.

That gif is breathtaking

Bought the game back in June when it was $24.99, best thing I ever bought for the PS4. At this price, everyone has to jump in. Amazing game! Will buy that season pass as soon as possible. c:

I'm sure this has nothing to do with what's being released tomorrow.

Bought at launch, enjoyed it, traded in when I realized I wasn't going to put that much more time in with whatever else was coming out. Perfect price for a re-buy when I'd never gotten any of the DLC

Shaneus

I can't read that from work, but they're not really tracks, are they? Just mini sprint course things?

Play with on screen display set to 0% opacity, and enjoy the amazing visuals.

This is an absolute steal.
You can get it by pushing the left arrow on the d-pad, this'll hide the hud for you (someone mentioned it earlier). Glorious.

ChrisDM

Just to clarify, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but this $20 bundle is ALL available content for the game as of right now, correct?

Kind of want this, but I don't really want a digital version of the game, and I don't know how it is going to be supported in the future; will there be a DriveClub 2? I... I think I'll pass.

hawk2025

Kind of want this, but I don't really want a digital version of the game, and I don't know how it is going to be supported in the future; will there be a DriveClub 2? I... I think I'll pass.

It's $20 for a full game and one of the largest, meatiest season passes I've ever seen.

I fail to see how future support matters, or a sequel. For what it's worth, Evolution has announced that there's plenty more content coming and support is ongoing. As far as we know, there will not be a sequel for a while.

It's $20 for a full game and one of the largest, meatiest season passes I've ever seen.

I fail to see how future support matters, or a sequel. For what it's worth, Evolution has announced that there's plenty more content coming and support is ongoing. As far as we know, there will not be a sequel for a while.

Honestly, the way I see it: If you don't buy this great game and COMPLETE SEASON PASS for $20, you never wanted it. So don't pretend...

RiverBed

Banned
Buy it. Seriously. Buy it now.

Season Pass ($12.99):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pass/cid=UP9000-CUSA00093_00-DRIVESEASONPASS1

Main Game ($14.99):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/driveclub/cid=UP9000-CUSA00093_00-XXXXXXXDRIVECLUB

<$30 for the total package. Based Evo/Sony!

EDIT: Whoa, stop the presses.

PS+ Upgrade Bundle here:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP9000-CUSA00093_00-PSPLUSSEASONPASS

$20! Go, go, go!

I have th PS+ edition. Does the second offer in your post open all the locations (countries) that are currently locked for me? I only have India. I read the PS page, but It either doesn't mention it or I didn't understand it. I don't care about specific car packs, I just want all the options of the base game unlocked (locations/challenges/base car pack).

Cheers.

kyser73

I have th PS+ edition. Does the second offer in your post open all the locations (countries) that are currently locked for me? I only have India. I read the PS page, but It either doesn't mention it or I didn't understand it. I don't care about specific car packs, I just want all the options of the base game unlocked (locations/challenges/base car pack).

Cheers.

Unlock the main game and you get all the locations and free DLC, including Japan and a bunch of cars, weather and so on.

By the season pass and you get everything, which I thoroughly recommend.

Such a steal if you're even remotely interested in racing games.

I'm more of a shooter fan, but I've found myself taking a few hours to play this baby every other week since release.

Top Bottom