• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB Season Pass (U.S.) just dropped to $13! PS+ Upgrade Bundle $20!!!

nib95

Banned
Just regular copy. Wish I had the Steelbook.

I have it. It's a beauty.

2D.png

i bow down to ya'll who can race during weather conditions. especially with the faster cars

In some other thread I read a post stating: "Well, the weather effects are purely visual in DC, anyway..." lmao, what a joker. You can really tell who's actually played the game...

i bow down to ya'll who can race during weather conditions. especially with the faster cars
Just ran this setup and it was glorious:

Track: Bandipur, India
Time of Day: 20:30
Time Compression: 45
Cloud Cover: Stormy
Precipitation: Light Precipitation
Car: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Its like if Batman was a pod racer. Kept at it by hope and prayer until the sun rose. So good.

Edit: And since a lot of people are mentioning, quoting, and asking about that God-tier GIF, that's SunhiLegend magic there. I know not that gaffer's ways and means, I just take stop and stare and drool like everybody else ;p

low-G

OK, I'm super confused.

I BOUGHT the season pass many months ago. Now it's showing it as not purchased.

I downloaded all the content that came out for free.

What's going on? Is this season pass season 2? Why isn't this more clear? Why does it say it starts in Oct 2014????

FairFight

Banned
I just bought it and then it occurred to me that if I ever decided to not continue with ps plus (not sure why I'd do this) will I lose my ability to play this?

jayu26

I just bought it and then it occurred to me that if I ever decided to not continue with ps plus (not sure why I'd do this) will I lose my ability to play this?

No, you bought it, it's yours.

Edit: Other than online, which is required for most PS4 online games. So yeah, you would lose excess to the clubs.

No, you bought it, it's yours.

Yup, though originally (thankfully this was changed) that wasn't the case. This was actually before the game was released. There was an uproar and Sony changed their minds. You have to remember that (if everyone went smoothly) the release plan was that you'd get the PS+ Edition at launch and be able to upgrade to the full edition for $49.99 (a $10 discount). You can see why people would be upset at Sony about the ownership rules. Crazy that now $20 gets you everything.

As for the new $14.99 price point, I may buy the game again digitally. I actually was able to get the disc version for free thanks to Target's annual buy two games, get one game free deal. I already have the season pass.

Just bought the bundle on mobile and there was a single download button.
I hope it downloads everything >< I really want to play it once I get home!

jediyoshi

OK, I'm super confused.

I BOUGHT the season pass many months ago. Now it's showing it as not purchased.

I downloaded all the content that came out for free.

What's going on? Is this season pass season 2? Why isn't this more clear? Why does it say it starts in Oct 2014????

There is one season pass and this is it. A lot of the content they've since released has been free.

Do you see it in your purchase history list?
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/media/media-list.action

what i mean to ask was, is this a replay of actual gameplay that you can control the camera angles to follow at perspectives like that? if so that's outstanding.

You can't freely swerve the camera in replays like that, if that's what you mean. The camera in the gif moves that way because it shows the first person view of a car chasing the one in front. With that said, there are plenty of camera angles to chose from in replay mode. You can switch between trackside cameras, a good number of car mounted cameras, and gameplay cameras. Here are some examples of replays in Driveclub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckaq0LP1I-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCmSyJLHTmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqriJ6-oJo

You can let the game automatically choose camera angles or do it manually.

Electret

OK, I caved and bought it.

Also set up a club for folks like me who weren't in one already. It's called "GAFs Finest". Any skill level welcome. Join up!

BraXzy

are people still playing this online. when the ps+ version came out i tried finding a race and couldn't. maybe i didnt wait long enough or did it wrong though lol

I persuaded my mate to get it the other day and he asked to race me online. I totally forgot it had online since when I played it a lot it was broken as hell.

It seems perfectly fine now, they seem to have sorted out all the kinks?

Ohhhhh FUCK it, Sony
I bought the SP bundle but The Ferrari LaFerrari and the Renault RS 01 show up as items I have to pay for on the store. Fuck.

EDIT: Just realised you just pay to unlock those cars, but you can do it through gameplay.
So confusing all this DLC. Why not just include free items on patches?

EDUT 2: Thanks NullPointer!

I have a disc based DriveClub but think I'm gonna trade it and just get this digital one, perfect game for it really.

Hats off to Evolution Studios, what a brilliant game.

LifEndz

YES! Will buy on Thursday. So glad I waited. 20 bucks for all that content is crazy. Anyone have room for one more in their club?

Sony really needs to add gift buying for other users to PSN. It'd be great to surprise some people by buying this for them.

Rip

If i buy the $20 bundaroo, will my save progress from the physical disk still be there or do I have to start over?

Guys is anyone else having a problem upgrading from within the game itself. I go to the tracks that need the full version and it asks me if I want to upgrade, when I click accept it goes to a page that says content cannot be selected at this time.

Anyone else getting this error?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Almost tempted to buy the damn game off of PSN again, so that the stupid "Buy Now" button underneath the game I've purchased would finally disappear.

Halabane

Wish it had euro and us tracks. Its not the usual popular ones that most of us watch races on. I am sure in India these are famous tracks. I just never heard of those tracks in Chile. So I don't really care about them.

The game is fine. I played the free version. Its not that much content for 20 bucks. Forza has 450 cars this one has 50 something. So lets not get crazy. Its a good deal but its kind of like a DLC pack. If they would include Nurburgring Nordschleife I would be happy to get this. But its 20 wasted on game that will get little use right now. They are doing this to get enough people on board to buy season two. The tracks they are adding between now and Christmas are sprint tracks per the gamestop article, guessing this will be good for fans of drifting.

Been meaning to get the season 1 pass for a while, but now it's at the perfect price and with the funds to get it, made the plunge.

Massively love Driveclub and definitely want to continue seeing it succeed for the future. Hoping the word of mouth continues to spread because Evolution have massively made up and thensome for the launch failures.

I bought the season pass but why the other tours are still shown as "coming soon"? No new cars show up as well. I've tried repairing license with no luck.

If I get the retail disc + the season pass, is that the same amount of content as this bundle deal? I don't really want to download 15GB on my DSL connection.

xeris

I just got Forza Horizon 2 a little over a week ago. Would have waited if I had known this was coming. I hate you all.

Top Bottom