• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dropbox - Dropquest 2011 (50gb up for grabs to the fastest, 1gb for everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarosh

here's why:

photojan152302126ewz.jpg

my wife actually folded this ;)

it's: 11696 x 96911 = 1133471056

dream

I'd almost rather give up the gig in exchange for being blissfully unaware of how stupid I really am. :(

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
DMPrince said:
fuck me. i wouldn't have guessed to multiply it. i saw the numbers in my face lol.

at first we thought it was +, not x, and i thought i had folded the damn thing for nothing, haha.

fastest i ever folded a paper crane in my life!

r4z4

jarosh said:
here's why:

No wonder I didn't get it!

9qfat3.jpg

In reality though, I got the long number, but totally missed the multiply!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Rengoku said:
I finished in the #1700s, lol, grand prizes long gone :p
For me it said, " Unfortunately, Admins can't win the big prizes. "

I am now a DropBox admin.

seriously though, wtf

dude

dude
Rengoku said:
I finished in the #1700s, lol, grand prizes long gone :p
Where can I check this?
EDIT: nvm, saw it was posted.

I was also told "admins can't win grand prizes", have no idea why though...

Early 1500's... Not bad! Took me 1:52 hours though...

DMPrince said:
yeah i guess... but i used a red sharpie and started drawing lines over the numbers and it blocked the cross lol. oh well. thanks GAF <3 Probably won't use dropbox but at least I have 3GB now.

1690! woot. D
1615 >:D

;)

maybe it was just a text for all. and admins that played who weren't part of making the game still couldn't win or something or something.

i got the same admin thing too. but don't see how i know if i was an admin?

InsertCredit said:
;P

Phoenix

jarosh said:
here's why:

photojan152302126ewz.jpg

My wife figured it out. I had no clue. She came in and in like 30 seconds said - have you looked in the oragami book, looks like a folding pattern. I'm just stupid about those sorts of things.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but when you get to step 2, you got to the forums and then what post the answer? I see a ton of posts with the answer but how do you advance?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Meus Renaissance said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but when you get to step 2, you got to the forums and then what post the answer? I see a ton of posts with the answer but how do you advance?
No, you go to post 248.

polyh3dron said:
ok so i'm going through all the steps because i guess you can't skip.... i'm sharing the folder named 1F75CC with dropquest@dropbox.com and i'm not getting any files in there or anything
That didn't work for me either, but I was able to jump to the next step.

I can't believe that origami thing. It seems like there must be a million different birds you could make from a square of paper. How did people know what to fold? Was there something about the printout that suggested a particular version, or is that crane just something especially well-known?

slidewinder said:
That didn't work for me either, but I was able to jump to the next step.

I can't believe that origami thing. It seems like there must be a million different birds you could make from a square of paper. How did people know what to fold? Was there something about the printout that suggested a particular version, or is that crane just something especially well-known?
it said "wing it". and when you learn origami the first thing you do is a cheap looking crane lol.

god dammit so i'm stuck at step 8, it says "go home" bla bla so i go to dropbox.com/home like people said, and then it takes me to my account and i don't know what to do next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom