• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales reboot coming 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

I hope they keep drinking heavily on Carl Barks and put some of work of Don Rosa too. The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is something amazing to do a long animated movie.
For sure. There is tons of great source material to work off of.

Metal B

I hope it works, then maybe we will get the reboot we are all looking forward to.
[Darkwing Duck]
In a world were Nostalgia and Super Heroes are big business and Disney owns Marvel, not rebooting Darkwing Duck is outright criminal!
(Come on Howard Duck and Darkwing Duck Crossover!)

Neoxon

Hopefully Alan Young find the Lazarus Pit by then.

Still, I'm curious about if the fact that the game did decently in sales is why the show is being revived.

Robin64

The inclusion of Donald makes me curious. Everyone knew the family connections, but we never really saw them together. Outside of the comics, of course, which I still need to get (so expensive)

Penguin

If Disney XD lasts until 2017, I'm all for them trying to appeal to the nostalgic crowd with the network.

Marvel Toons and Disney Afternoon reboots/revivals.

Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, give em to me!

kess

I loved this show growing up, but I wonder what time they are going to show it.

There were not many options for kids back then and pretty much everyone was watching this shit when they got home from school (similarly everyone watched Saved by the Bell on Saturday Morning).

With Pee Wee's Playhouse getting good ratings, I'm sure this will find a decent audience. It is Disney, which has a captive audience of sorts.

LiK

as long as disney goes with traditional 2D animation we should be fine.

I think it'll be CG

The inclusion of Donald makes me curious. Everyone knew the family connections, but we never really saw them together. Outside of the comics, of course, which I still need to get (so expensive)

nah, Donald had appeared in a couple of eps during the run. It was always nice to see him pop up. I remember one ep where he was actually helping them on a quest.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I hope it's gritty. I'm talking Gizmo going haywire and shooting up Duckberg and Darkwing Duck is the upcoming vigilante who has to put him down.

Metal B

There were episodes, where Donald was involved in some story. They mainly centered about the Aircraft Carrier, he was deployed to, or if the military was involved.

Oh yes, I may need to find a way to get Disney XD in the future somehow.

And can they please finish releasing all the original episodes on dvd please.

I hope the writing as as good as the Time Is Money arc and the Treasure of the Golden Suns arc.

Bollocks

we already got a reboot:
1307920884001.jpg

The original show jumped the shark when they added "Bubba the Cave Duck". I hated it after that. I didn't mind Gizzzmoduck so much.

I hope they keep drinking heavily on Carl Barks and put some of work of Don Rosa too. The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is something amazing to do a long animated movie.

They should make a 12 episodes, high-budget series with TLaT of Scrooge McDuck. A feature film wouldn't be enough.

Peru

They should make a 12 episodes, high-budget series with TLaT of Scrooge McDuck. A feature film wouldn't be enough.

The "I, Claudius" of animated tv series.. I like the sound of that. Unfortunately they'd never manage to capture the visual fidelity of the book, and that attention to detail is necessary.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hopefully donald becomes a regular, it always seemed like an asshole move thst he wasn't around his family that much.

As I recall, the reason why Donald left Huey, Dewey, and Louie with Scrooge in Ducktales is because he joined the Navy and was on tour.

DuckTales was my favorite show as a kid. I really want to be excited, but I'm trying to envision a new cartoon on television that has the same level of detail in the drawings and animation that the original had. If it looks like crummy flash animation or cheap CG, I don't think I could get too excited over that. But they consider this their opportunity to do a new adaptation of the Barks comics that stays a little more faithful, I'm definitely all for that!

Reboot the entire 90s Disney Afternoon and extended shows.

Gummi Bears
DuckTales
Talespin
Darkwing Duck
Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers
Goof Troop
Gargoyles

DO IT.
but keep their 90s theme songs!

We haven't seen cartoons on their level since.

As I recall, the reason why Donald left Huey, Dewey, and Louie with Scrooge in Ducktales is because he joined the Navy and was on tour.

I think they choose this way to keep Donald out of the series because "animated Donald" is usually just a lazy guy quick to lose his temper. A bidimensional comedy character.
In Barks stories (and in European comics in general) he's pretty much "Everyman", with a wide range of emotions, and a balanced list of flaws and qualities. Not an unrealistic Perfect guy (that's Mickey), but much more interesting and "real" than the one depicted in cartoons.

Who thinks the new theme song will suck? A lot of reboots are really well made, but one they they never manage to top is the original theme song. I can't imagine how they'll fuck up the Ducktales theme song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom