• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II announced officially, featuring Jon "Duke Nukem" St. John as Dudebro

nemesun

Props to everyone involved, if you guys manage to stick with it and give us a final build that would be effin marvelous and a great victory for the community as a whole.

Xater

MirageDwarf said:
Is he a gaffer or a friend of gaffer?

I think one GAFer just asked him. He works at a voice recording studio if I am not mistaken. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
thetrin said:
We know a lot of gaffers think this is just us stringing a lame joke too long, but the 100 volunteers we have right now are working incredibly hard, and producing some amazing stuff.

If this comes out before Duke Nukem Forever
(That'sthejoke.gif)
and Duke really is voicing Dudebro, the circle of life is complete.

richisawesome said:
Heh. Anyone for taking any bets on who will publish the next dudebro article?

I'd so laugh if Kotaku and/or IGN bother, after all the shit we've given them. I'd go with Destructoid.

Danthrax said:
Lastly, I thought you guys might like to see what we've accomplished in the last two months. I make these progress reports every month, so this was as of a day and a half ago:

• Amassed an army of 107 volunteers

I feel proud of you, Grimoire Assembly Forge! :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
richisawesome said:
A trailer's already being made. Live action, too!

Not by ILM though :lol
Just brought it up as it would be awesome for generating bullshot screenshots. ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AtomicShroom said:
So...

60fps with no tearing, 4X AA and AF?

Else I won't play it!

We'll be hiring dark10x as a consultant.

Rich!

InfiniteNine said:
Get this ported to PSN/XBLA as well and I'll jump to all high hell. :lol Congrats guys can't wait to play it.

It'd be incredible on PSN/XBLA with dual analogue control (one for movement, one for the gun aiming).

2DMention

Banned
To make it as realistic as possible, part of the sound design of the game should feature occassional headset chatter by 15 year olds and rednecks calling everybody "gay," they should also shout racial and sexist slurs.

What would be awesome is if it would be even better than a released box game.

Az

I bow to you guys, wish I had some skills to help you out. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

-KRS-

Holy shit that's impressive :O
Looking forward to playing this, even though there wont be any Linux support.
Congrats on making it this far!

Minamu

Wow, I'm impressed :lol Didn't know you guys were seriously trying to make a game :( Would've been awesome to be a part of.

I hope you see it through!

Anksta

This is awesome. I still remember that Imagine Babyz thread. From an off-the-cuff comment to a real game. Only on GAF!

Somnid

I'm surprised it got this far. Congrats but you aren't out of the woods yet. I'll be rooting for you, just don't go vaporware or you know what will happen.

Dr Basho

Neo Member
Awesome to see that Dudebro is becoming a reality, but an important question still remains unanswered: What's the preorder bonus I can look forward to? Limited edition art? A luxurious replica Dudebro beard? The possibilities are endless really.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Y2Kev said:
Incredible, you guys. You even got a mention on the gamescoopz.

:lol I love you Kev.

Minamu said:
Wow, I'm impressed :lol Didn't know you guys were seriously trying to make a game :( Would've been awesome to be a part of.

I hope you see it through!

You can still sign up!

Corto

Tears of joy are rolling down my face... Also from laughter! :D :D :D All the 100 volunteers please accept a collective hug from me. You guys rock! Good luck, God Speed and I'm just proud that I witnessed in real time that monumental thread that gave birth to this project.

Top Bottom