• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DungeonGAF | A NeoGAF Dungeon World PbP [Now Playing]

Jintor

Sorry, sorry! What happened here recently?

Well, it's pretty obvious that Serrick fought... something here. There's disturbances everywhere, bent twigs, smashed foliage. Tufts of fur - probably fire cats. Loosened bark and scratches follow up a tree, then end halfway through. The foliage around there is slightly singed, as if something... uh, exploded into flames. He probably climbed up there and... uh... exploded? You'd expect to see more body parts around if he had actually blown up, though.

The wagon tracks end mid-clearing, but looking at the tracks, you see a clear impression of a wooden 'raft' or platform or something in the dirt. The wagon was rolled onto something that... disappeared. The ground doesn't seem too badly disturbed, so the likely direction is up.

How many arrows and dungeon rations (for the jerky) should I add and how much does the mask weigh?

1 ration, mask doesn't weigh anything, arrows are one reload to your existing ammo.

What do you do?

justjim89

Looking over the scene and shaking my head ponderously, I say to no one in particular "So, our cart has apparently flown away, and Serrick seems to have blown up. It seems as though we're at an impasse." I look to the rest of the group, "If we can find where the rebels are encamped, I think we'll be able to solve at least one of our problems."

Tubobutts

"Why don't you lead us to where the wagon disappeared? Maybe a closer look could give us some more answers." After a pause I add, "And we can hope Serrick finds us, wherever he is."

justjim89

I lead them back to where it looks as though the wagon vanished. "You see," I say, indicating, "it looks as though it was rolled onto something and then carried up. But how would they do that? Levitation? Some kind of crane?"

Tubobutts

Is this cool?
"If it's some sort of magic, that sounds like a job for Deken" I say, looking at him expectantly, ready to Aid him in whatever way I can.

Aid Deken:(5+4)+1=10

Tubobutts

You'd have to justify being able to aid Deken on a magical thing depending on what Deken does.
Hmm. I don't know what the specifics would be. I figure if he discerns realities then I'm basically saying I'll do whatever he says is necessary to help him. If he's like "I could track them if I had something that belonged to one of the bandits" I'd say "Hey, check out this mask". If he's trying to find evidence of magic used then I'm available for him to say "Go look over there and tell me if you see symbols that look like this." Is this to general for an aid role? Basically i want to be able to assist him in any way I can in an investigation of the area.

Jintor

I mean, you can, it's just going to depend on what exactly Deken does. Deken, spoiler your roll if you make one so Thrak doesn't know if you succeed or not first

I shuffle around the clearing looking for evidences of spells or mechanical devices, hoping to spot a rune or a lost part.

Discern realities
2+3+2=7. What happened here recently, what hidden magical nature exists.

Jintor

You need to aid before you know the result of the roll, and I didn't know whether you were actually in a fictional position to aid or not. I think you are.

Tubobutts

Austin linked this in the chat during Vinny's stream and its really cool.
http://donjon.bin.sh/

OH man it has a lot of great stuff especially for names.

I just want to share this one because it's a great set up:

"The innkeeper is a cheerful female elf named Findiser. She possesses a magical helmet which once belonged to the legendary ranger Findiser, who fell in the Crimson War."

And also a halfling lady named "Lava Tunnell"

Jintor

A thousand apologies. I've been really busy rushing around between travel, work and study and frankly I've kind of lost momentum with this campaign entirely. Would you guys prefer to end out this scenario early (resolve this roll re: what happened and scene), or try and get to the episode's finale without Serrick?

justjim89

A thousand apologies. I've been really busy rushing around between travel, work and study and frankly I've kind of lost momentum with this campaign entirely. Would you guys prefer to end out this scenario early (resolve this roll re: what happened and scene), or try and get to the episode's finale without Serrick?

I'd ideally like to venture forth with a full party. This campaign does kinda feel like it's lost its mojo. Maybe it's best to call this campaign chapter over early and when we resume kinda start a new job fresh.

Top Bottom