• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkirk |OT| You can practically see it from here...home.

What's next?
Casting choices are always on point, but it's been long overdue having Nolan and Nightcrawler work together! :)
i need sci-fi nolan back

Yes-Signs-Held-By-Fans.gif

Gross. He has a stable of far more interesting actors than cumberbatch at hand. Hope nothing comes of that
I miss the memo that Cumber isn't a great actor lol? I'm sure there'll be plenty other great actors for GOATlan.

Just got around to going out to see this today and it was kind of a bummer to be honest. I love all of Nolan's other movies but this just felt like a compilation video of "war movie scenes" not even really particularly cool ones and then they tacked some unearned story beats onto the end that tried to have emotional resonance without doing the work to build them out.

It wasn't a horrible movie and it had some really nice looking plane dogfighting scenes that I appreciated but it wasn't really standout in any way either. I wouldn't have minded if it were more of a deep contemplation on war without much action. However, instead it feels like a movie that wants to have all the bombast and it doesn't do that well and it wants to be an emotionally charged movie but doesn't do that well either.

Glad it did well so Nolan can continue doing what he does but this one didn't work for me unfortunately. :(

This is nearly word-for-word exactly how I felt after seeing it.

Top Bottom