• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

I just bought this shit for $75, with the gmg discount. First time I've paid that much for a pc game. I ain't even that excited for it, what the hell am I doing with my life?

Here, that'd be less than full price after taxes. This is a game I'd personally be willing to pay that for, because I love this type of title and enjoyed a demo I got to play. Hopefully the full game will be worthwhile.

Most games are now $69.99 plus tax, thanks to the CAD. So, about $78 total. It sucks.

EDIT: Just over $79, actually.

Here, that'd be less than full price after taxes. This is a game I'd personally be willing to pay that for, because I love this type of title and enjoyed a demo I got to play. Hopefully the full game will be worthwhile.

Most games are now $69.99 plus tax, thanks to the CAD. So, about $78 total. It sucks.

Don't you do the E3 pre-order to get 30% off?

Krakn3Dfx

How did Jim like Dead Island and Riptide, because I thought those games were a ton of fun, especially the drop in co-op play.

Still super excited for this to drop on Steam layer tonight.

DOWN

Banned
yep

8cv5W5al.png

Jim Sterling - Dead Island 7/10
Jim Sterling - Dead Island Riptide 5/10

Jim Sterling - Far Cry 3 8/10
Jim Sterling - Far Cry 4 6.5/10

Jim Sterling - Watch Dogs 9/10

Jim Sterling - Assassin's Creed Unity 5/10

Jim Sterling - Assassin's Creed II 4.5/10

How did Jim like Dead Island and Riptide, because I thought those games were a ton of fun, especially the drop in co-op play.

Still super excited for this to drop on Steam layer tonight.

I think he likes DI, he did a stream of Dead Island after finishing Escape Dead Island to shake that shit off.

DOWN

Banned
This already tells me that I wasn't going to match with him on yhebgame anyways

EDIT: wtf 6.5 for FC4...no fucking way was fc3 better than fc4.

Well going to have to ignore stirling on this game

Updated again. 4.5/10 for ACII hmmm and that's the golden child of the series for most people

dcelw540

Why does this matter? It's his review, if he gives dying light a bad or okay review showing his old reviews aren't going to prove he's wrong. It's his own opinion.

Edit: My bad autocorrect tried to put arent and wrote are

DOWN

Banned
Why does this matter? It's his review, if he gives dying light a bad or okay review showing his old reviews are going to prove he's wrong. It's his own opinion.

Huh? How do you decide if you trust a reviewers opinion? Usually not from just one review.

He is giving tweets about the game and people here wanted to know his opinions on other similar games. That's how you figure out if you trust his tweets much on Dying Light so far. It helps point out whether or not you generally agree with him and should give weight to his tastes when you are looking for press opinions.

Mate just grab it off GMG through a US browser VPN, costs about $50ish. Download is only like 7GB or so and key is instant.

Just looked up GMG cuz was not sure what that was and turns out Green Man Gaming let you trade downloaded games?

Lol awesome, not sure what the size of the rock was I was hiding under all this time thou..

Karak

Just looked up GMG cuz was not sure what that was and turns out Green Man Gaming let you trade downloaded games?

Lol awesome, not sure what the size of the rock was I was hiding under all this time thou..

Agreed its actually a fairly awesome company.

Corpekata

Banned

Only ones on their DRM service. Which is not many, and often not worth doing.

dcelw540

Huh? How do you decide if you trust a reviewers opinion? Usually not from just one review.

He is giving tweets about the game and people here wanted to know his opinions on other similar games. That's how you figure out if you trust his tweets much on Dying Light so far. It helps point out whether or not you generally agree with him and should give weight to his tastes when you are looking for press opinions.

I understand, but why put so much pressure on what reviewers think? If you want a game get it yourself. I know people may need to save money if it's low but people in my opinion depend way to much on reviews and review scores. If you really want to get dying light try it yourself and if you play it and don't like it trade it in.

DOWN

Banned
I understand, but why put so much pressure on what reviewers think? If you want a game get it yourself. I know people may need to save money if it's low but people in my opinion depend way to much on reviews and review scores. If you really want to get dying light try it yourself and if you play it and don't like it trade it in.

A lot of people are on PC digitally and it's hard or impossible to return or trade. Digital purchases are often final, and it's even tougher if you'd really love to pre-order. So take all the pre-release opinions you can get.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Jesus. Having just finished Far Cry 4 recently (and Assassin's Creed Unity not too long ago), and having a few other games to play, I think I'll wait for a sale on this one.

Shaka

well shit man, hoping you enjoy it. it happens. nothing that a little liquor before playing coop can't fix
Thanks man. Just a little buyers remorse between now and the 2 hrs it'll take for the game to download. Money comes money goes.

With GMG always buy through a US VPN for the lower price. Also that Ezy DVD link is for a physical copy, which has been delayed to February 27th.
Ahhh the more you know, thanks. Although Feb 27 wouldn't have been too long a wait, I still have dozens of games I've yet to finish.
Fuck it a bottle of red and letting my aggression out on zombies sounds like a good time.

This already tells me that I wasn't going to match with him on yhebgame anyways

EDIT: wtf 6.5 for FC4...no fucking way was fc3 better than fc4.

Well going to have to ignore stirling on this game

Yeah, because let's not account to reading review content explaining why he delivered the score. Here's a hint: It involves Ubisoft-style saturation.

Alebrije

I though this games was a FP TLOU but it seems is just a Dead Island clone, it seems gameplay is fluid. I think this game will be on plus for free by 2016...can wait

Top Bottom