• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

DOWN

Banned
I though this games was a FP TLOU but it seems is just a Dead Island clone, it seems gameplay is fluid. I think this game will be on plus for free by 2016...can wait
I don't want to wait a year or more to MAYBE get it free if it turns out good now and I can get it for 50% off week 1 on PS4.

...isn't u a vowel? eg "an urchin" or "an underling"
The general rule in modern English is that you go with the sound of the first letter, so 'a Ubisoft' is more often considered correct. Technically, both are allowed, but putting 'an' in front of a 'y-sound' word like Ubisoft is considered awkward.

Example: 'A history' vs 'an honest' are correct uses based on the nature of their sounds.

MYeager

I've really no clue what this is supposed to mean. My own opinion might not match his in regards to some of those games but it seems like a pretty weird false equivalency to compare old Ubisoft game reviews by him to a couple of sarcastic tweets. I'd give that 9 apples out of 10 oranges.

...and reading that Assassin's Creed 2 review makes me feel like I somehow played a completely different game. Ezio 4 life.

jond76

Banned
hypewxu76.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't want to wait a year or more to MAYBE get it free if it turns out good now and I can get it for 50% off week 1 on PS4.

The general rule in modern English is that you go with the sound of the first letter, so 'a Ubisoft' is more often considered correct. Technically, both are allowed, but putting 'an' in front of a 'y-sound' word like Ubisoft is considered awkward.

Example: 'A history' vs 'an honest' are correct uses based on the nature of their sounds.

"A You-bisoft" is correct, but if you say "an Oo-bisoft" it should be "an."

Gaz_RB

Probably pronounces it "Ooobisoft"

Flunkie

Banned
wtf, I'm trying to preorder and it says "We're sorry.
Due to high demand, this item is sold out and has been removed from your order:

Dying Light - PlayStation 4"

at Best Buy

edit: nvm, was able to do it when I selected ship it to me instead of in store pickup, guess I'm not playing til Thursday... this'll give me time to finish Dragon Age finally

Rafterman

Banned
I've really no clue what this is supposed to mean. My own opinion might not match his in regards to some of those games but it seems like a pretty weird false equivalency to compare old Ubisoft game reviews by him to a couple of sarcastic tweets. I'd give that 9 apples out of 10 oranges.

...and reading that Assassin's Creed 2 review makes me feel like I somehow played a completely different game. Ezio 4 life.

I think it's supposed to point out a pattern in his opinions on games. Dying Light is basically Dead Island and Assassin's Creed rolled into a ball, his past opinions on those games will probably hold true with this game.

Dubz

How do I DL the MP on PS4? It asked me what to DL when I preloaded and I picked the SP. Now I can't figure out how to DL the MP.

jadedm17

I think it's supposed to point out a pattern in his opinions on games. Dying Light is basically Dead Island and Assassin's Creed rolled into a ball, his past opinions on those games will probably hold true with this game.
From what I gathered watching 30 minutes of a stream and the streamer gathering dozens of quests - even noting "wow I have so many quests" - this is my concern too, that there's just a ton of boring missions instead of any interesting ones.

DOWN

Banned

Again, how do you decide if you trust a reviewer? You read their reviews on multiple similar games and genres over time. Dying Light is like Dead Island, AC, Mirror's Edge, and Far Cry. I posted as many of those as he has done, and that's a very good way to decide how much weight that this very popular reviewer's opinion may earn from you.

Chrono Gamer

Neo Member
Guys & gals, I'm feeling real bad vibes with the day 1 update of 1.75 in PS4. Currently I'm downloading, but in my insides, it keeps growing a bad feeling about it

Mononoke

Banned
Again, how do you decide if you trust a reviewer? You read their reviews on multiple similar games and genres over time. Dying Light is like Dead Island, AC, Mirror's Edge, and Far Cry. I posted as many of those as he has done, and that's a very good way to decide how much weight that this very popular reviewer's opinion may earn from you.

It's subjective opinion. Read their reviews and decide if they consistently articulate their views well -- even when you don't agree. Because they are opinions. You decide which reviewers are worth following based on the quality of their work, not how often their opinions match with yours. Now if you are 100% looking for a consumer guide, then yes, you will want to find someone that generally has the same 1:1 taste as yours are they will probably come close to liking or disliking the game the way you will. But that doesn't necessarily mean you will get the best critical analysis by simply following the person you agree with most.

*shrugs* depends on what you want.

For the record, I personally agree with most of those scores outside of Watch Dogs. Not that my taste matters in this example.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My friend in Europe cannot DL this for 17 hours? I thought this was worldwide release on the 27th?

jond76

Banned
I pre-bought digitally on Xbox and when I first woke in the tower, I got a message that I had 4 dockets waiting at the quartermasters. So there ya go.

Sweet merciful fuck! 8 pages and nobody here can offer up a personal opinion/impression of how the game is?

Are none of you even playing (a digital version) yet?

jond76

Banned
Sweet merciful fuck! 8 pages and nobody here can offer up a personal opinion/impression of how the game is?

I'm playing, just got out of the tutorial section. Give us a chance! haha

edit: great looking game.

ironcreed

Banned

I am currently installing the 2.2 GB update on the Xbox One version. I'll be able to try it here shorty.

Megatron

I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews but I am now thinking I am more likely not going to pick up my pre order.

Do you like Dead Island? It's like a mixture of Far Cry and Dead Island. I like both those games, so I'm enjoying it. Only a half hour in though. Just passed the tutorial.

Top Bottom