• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

DagsJT

Can't buy from GameStop as I'm in the UK and PayPal says to try a different method. Anyone want to buy for me and I'll send over $25?

DOWN

Banned
I expect it will end badly.
It isn't a mis-priced product situation.
Could you elaborate? I would think this is Sony's fault since Sony generates the codes as far as I've read and they never actually had a standalone season pass on PSN. It was either the game or the game/pass bundle.

Jobbs

Banned
god I hate long forced tutorials. The game gets pretty cool once you're allowed to go open world, but before that I was tearing my hair out. I'm tired of annoying douchebag character and I'm tired of my own gravelly voice in this game for that matter.

Wish they'd let me make my own character. Multiplayer is funny. Everyone's the exact same douchebga with a flashlight literally taped to his tshirt.

Just did it myself. Paid with Credit Card after signing into my Gamestop account and ordering PS4 code for $20 with no tax. I'm downloading the full game as as I type this. WOW! It's times like these when I'm glad I check these boards constantly. Hot Damn!

Edit: Also my code showed up immediately with my confirmed purchase page. No e-mail or anything. I feel so cool right now. Sony better not fuck with us lucky few and take the game away from us somehow.

Could you elaborate? I would think this is Sony's fault since Sony generates the codes as far as I've read and they never actually had a standalone season pass on PSN. It was either the game or the game/pass bundle.

I think it will end badly because it is not an advertising mistake (which a store might be obliged to stick with) & the mistake can be fixed by simply and cheaply by rescinding the DRM then sending refunds out with an email apology. Something Sony can do on their end.

It isn't really fair to people who paid full price. It isn't fair to the developers if they have to eat the difference in revenue, and I don't imagine the retailers (gamestop) are interested in coughing up the shortfall.

npa189

Watching the giant bomb quicklook, not blown away, but looks soild so far. Visually ugly on PS4, the pax 2013 build I saw at nvidias event looked way better then.

DOWN

Banned
I think it will end badly because it is not an advertising mistake (which a store might be obliged to stick with) & the mistake can be fixed by simply and cheaply by rescinding the DRM then sending refunds out with an email apology. Something Sony can do on their end.

It isn't really fair to people who paid full price. It isn't fair to the developers if they have to eat the difference in revenue, and I don't imagine the retailers (gamestop) are interested in coughing up the shortfall.
No man, they have contracts for this stuff. If someone sells the product for less than the agreed pricing, the seller is responsible, not the content creator. If this is GameStop's fault, they'll pay the difference. If it was Sony's fault for generating mislinked codes, they'll pay. Only if this was Warner's fault does this affect the devs, but I don't see how that could happen when there's a pair of third party storefronts involved. One of them most likely made the error.

And no, they aren't going to delete the game for refunds. Sony has never taken content back.

Visually ugly on PS4.

Ugly? really.
Hmm. I think it looks pretty good, even over a stream. The player torches are done well. It has day time, dusk, night lighting. moving trees, god rays all that stuff. Co-op looks smooth too. I don't see Metro or BF4 or Far Cry 4 looking better over a stream. Are they all ugly too?

DOWN

Banned
what about wolfenstein, gtav and advanced warfare. All 50 gig games
Ha, you're riht. Black Flag was over 4ogb as well. Yet Driveclub and The a Order are under 30. I guess I had some examples in mind that I attributed to cross gen, but that's not a consistent rule

No man, they have contracts for this stuff. If someone sells the product for less than the agreed pricing, the seller is responsible, not the content creator.

You didn't buy the game (for less than the agreed price), you bought a season pass.

They can change the content remotely, without you being able to argue you didn't get what you paid for.

They certainly have the ability: if you ring up and get a refund on a digital purchase, they remotely remove the license to run it.

No man, they have contracts for this stuff. If someone sells the product for less than the agreed pricing, the seller is responsible, not the content creator. If this is GameStop's fault, they'll pay the difference. If it was Sony's fault for generating mislinked codes, they'll pay. Only if this was Warner's fault does this affect the devs, but I don't see how that could happen when there's a pair of third party storefronts involved. One of them most likely made the error.

And no, they aren't going to delete the game for refunds. Sony has never taken content back.

I really hope you're right because even though I cheated the system, I still payed $20 and would be pissed if the full game was now taken away from me. I've never bought DLC or a season pass in my life. This is actually a great irony that someone mixed up the game with the DLC and now we're all getting the game for cheap as fuck, ha!

DOWN

Banned
You didn't buy the game (for less than the agreed price), you bought a season pass.

They can change the content remotely, without you being able to argue you didn't get what you paid for.

They certainly have the ability: if you ring up and get a refund on a digital purchase, they remotely remove the license to run it.
No, glitches and such have happened before. What they could do and what they will do as a good business are not the same. They are not going to remove content because they can't risk accusing an ignoran but innocent customer of exploitation. Some people will say they followed a link saying they were buying the full game, which is indeed a spin of the truth and Sony won't argue.

npa189

Ugly? really.
Hmm. I think it looks pretty good, even over a stream. The player torches are done well. It has day time, dusk, night lighting. moving trees, god rays all that stuff. Co-op looks smooth too. I don't see Metro or BF4 or Far Cry 4 looking better over a stream. Are they all ugly too?

Just my opinion, I'm not digital foundry by any means but this is not the same game I saw a year ago. PC could be a totally different scenario.

Plasma

Banned
Just unlocked on Steam and now I have to go to work, oh well I booted it up and changed all the settings so it'll be ready for me when I get home.

Is everyone asleep? C'mon guys, let's talk about this amazing fuck-up that netted us a brand new release for $20. Has this ever happened before and what will the response be from Sony/Gamestop/Techland? Even if they refund me or give a stupid fucking season pass, I'm glad I was a part of this. It's interesting times in the digital download era, eh?

Teknoman

Anyone planning on making a Steam community group like with Dead Island, or at this point should we just have a Zombie GAF steam group?

Jabo

Ok so I'm freaking out now. Bought the game from Amazon and I'm trying to activate it on Steam but it says "sorry but the following items are not available for purchase in this country purchase has been canceled"

Trying to activate it in Japan. help pls

mdsfx

I keep hunting for game impressions beyond just performance, but I'm coming up empty handed. Are people enjoying this game or not?

How do i download the multiplayer? When i did the digital download i selected Single Player but there was a multiplayer. I have no idea how to go back and download the multiplayer now.

jesu

As long as it's another Dead Island or even better I'll be happy.
But I'll have to wait another month to find out myself.

DagsJT

Just got this from Gamestop but had a nightmare trying to get it through. Ended up buying a Gamestop gift card from PC Game Supply and it went through straight away. Downloading the full game now :)

Meh, I guess I played the beginning of the game too quickly. I just finished the training and now I can't get to the elevator cuz it's still installing at 66%.

AlexIIDX

How do i download the multiplayer? When i did the digital download i selected Single Player but there was a multiplayer. I have no idea how to go back and download the multiplayer now.

I believe whatever you didn't select will just start on its own after the first download.

Card Boy

Banned
So Dead Island was a tainted IP with 4 shit games so they decided to rename Dead Island 3 into this? Is that the gist of it?

Top Bottom